Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Okay, y'all, tell me what we know about reptiles. Are they fireproof? What would Anna know? We've fought a few reptilian things in the past.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

'Trina and I fought some reptiles. Lizardfolk, with class levels, and half-fiend templates plus probably some draconic bloodline just for kicks.

I'd be willing to believe that they were part of a larger organization. Perhaps even a civilization of Darkwood lizardfolk, set to guarding the outskirts of the place.

Treat them like regular people, except that when they're dead, they'll make some really pretty armor for Sigrid to craft for us.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Why wouldn't regular people make nice looking armor, too?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

People-skin is pretty frail. And it doesn't hold ink very well at all (unless you tattoo it on before death). But, if you treat the lizards like people (we kill people, we leave cute little geckos alone) and kill them, you get some spiffy looking scaly skin.

Not as spiffy as Kali's dragonskin armor, but still pretty spiffy.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Meaning, what in my bag of tricks works well against reptiles? I have chill, ghoul and stupid touch.

Anna make stupid touch, make bad guys go derp.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I have not yet received any information to make me believe that these bad guys are actually present here... so any kind of touch will have to be limited to good touches to Sigrid.

When they arrive, if they arrive, the kind of touch you use against them really more depends on what their role in the attacking party is, not their species.

Ghoul touch... will knock out a single enemy. Really useful against a primary spellcaster, except you have to get past all the meat walls to get to him. Also good against a boss meat wall. (Looks like the fortitude negates bit is only for the secondary stench attack... the paralasys works if you can touch the person.)

Chill touch... it's just not as good. It only does a little bit of damage, and sapping a single strength won't make or break a fight. It's one good feature is that it stays active for several attacks. So if you cast chill touch, you can do 1d6 bonus damage on each attack for the next two rounds. It adds up, you know? Don't use it on an undead enemy, but otherwise it's pretty universal.

Stupid touch... if they need smarts (wizard), always always tag them with stupid touch. A meat shield dropped to a 1 int is still a big hulking guy full of rage. A wizard dropped to a 10 int just lost access to all his spells, even though he can still walk and talk and stuff. Even a wizard dropped to a 12 int just lost many of his big combat spells.

But, as I always say: geek the mage first. Always sneak around the meat shields and destroy the spellcasters first. Always. Meat shields die very quickly when they're not being healed. And if you're not being fireballed by enemy mages, you can gang up on the fighters that are left.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I'm the spider bear! 'Trina, you're the bear-rider.

That's totally us.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Someone tell me where we all are. I'm thinking of stalking trina to give a little more oomph to her illusion, but I don't know where Kali is, and I don't want to get too far away from the yelping fog.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I love how I have to do this to you guys every single time. OMG I AM LOST HELP ME. POINT ME AT THE BAD GUYS. Might as well have made Anna totally freaking blind. Ooooo, or like my son, cortical blindness.

Anna might have an accident soon. *cackles* Oooh, the RP.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

We maybe blind, or close to it within the mist, depending on how obscuring it is now. Given it's size and opaqueness, Line of Sight is rather short.

Be ready in case lizards in the mist somehow attack. Magic is obviously at play, touch of stupid would be your goto spell, but more likely the caster will hang back, so touch of ghoul would be better. An unknown foe that can't move is easier to Deal With. Undead, and some critters aren't able to be paralyzed though.

That's the fun, you don't know WHAT Seven is going to throw at you, so you have to maximize your possible counters to said threats, while minimizing how much your own ^## is on the line.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

That's how I pick my spells. Cleric spells that buff the party. Those are always good. And heals.

Sorceress spells that just do damage, for the most part. Touch of this, touch of that... fireball is like touch of damage. Only without the touching.

I need a spell that can counter this stupid fog. But for just hurting anything and everything, just do damage.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay, this is my own interpretation of what's been going on so far. The carpet is the box in the center. Kali, Sorchat, Anna, and Sigrid are on the carpet. Cryak was near the carpet (he's the white X). Trina went over to the rock (yellow X next to black oval). The fog is all the blue filling the whole place, and the white circle is the area that Sigrid blow'd up. I wasn't sure exactly where the weird tunnes in space or green fire were, so I didn't include them. But this is what I believe we're set up like.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Sigrid wrote:That's how I pick my spells. Cleric spells that buff the party. Those are always good. And heals.

Sorceress spells that just do damage, for the most part. Touch of this, touch of that... fireball is like touch of damage. Only without the touching.

I need a spell that can counter this stupid fog. But for just hurting anything and everything, just do damage.
Every time I can get a touch spell, I get it. Because that way I can hit with my big stick AND go zappy zappy. I did use one of my big spell slots for Dimension Hop because that's what Anna would have wanted to be able to protect Siggy. It's not particularly meat-shieldy to poof away, but it's character appropriate, because I'm HER meat shield, not Led's or Kali's.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

And the rock is possibly SHAPED like a gazebo. I still don't trust it.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Katrina wrote: Study Target: The Potentially Gazebo Shaped Rock.
Everypony needs to be on guard.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Image

Okay, this is my own interpretation of what's been going on so far. The carpet is the box in the center. Kali, Sorchat, Anna, and Sigrid are on the carpet. Cryak was near the carpet (he's the white X). Trina went over to the rock (yellow X next to black oval). The fog is all the blue filling the whole place, and the white circle is the area that Sigrid blow'd up. I wasn't sure exactly where the weird tunnes in space or green fire were, so I didn't include them. But this is what I believe we're set up like.
the tunnels are little thigns, between 3 and 8" in diameter, and constantly shifting. the fire streamers are similar, not mapable.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Image

the tunnels are little thigns, between 3 and 8" in diameter, and constantly shifting. the fire streamers are similar, not mapable.

Also, skipped Skyseeker. Put her slightly behind Cryak, please.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Hrm. The system borked when I posted the above. I deleted one of the two posts that appeared, and then the whole thread was gone from the forum.

I'm a little scared by that. I'll reach out to Avatar, just to make sure nothing is broke real bad.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”