Vampire the Requiem

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Clan Mekhet
Secretive and wise, the Mekhet are masters of all things hidden. They hunt from the shadows, preying secretly on victims and unlocking secrets that no one should know. The only common thread linking Mekhet is an affinity for the night itself or some metaphorical darkness, such as a pained soul or a thirst for knowledge. Mekhet are tutored intensely by their sires so that they understand the nature of the clan and its duties. Some prefer to let their progeny discover the Kindred world on their own, but not even these sires stray so far that they can’t watch a protégé’s progress.
Nickname: Shadows

Clan Disciplines: Mekhet master Auspex, the Discipline of preternatural perception, gaining insights that make them particularly dangerous to Kindred. While they reveal others secrets, the Mekhet keep their own, and they have an affinity for Obfuscate, the Discipline of concealment. Finally, they move with the blinding speed of Celerity, as quick as they are deadly.
Weakness: As creatures of darkness, the Mekhet suffer certain banes of vampiric existence more acutely than their fellow Kindred do.

Covenants
The Carthian Movement
The Carthian Movement is the most modern of the vampiric covenants, seeking to uproot tradition and create a more egalitarian system for vampiric rule. Carthians are full of ideas, fiery and passionate about their beliefs for Kindred self-rule. Few of them think about why the current status quo has lasted for as long as it has. Instead, they are eager to challenge it, fervent to accomplish something positive in the dark world of the Kindred. The Carthian Movement mostly comprises neonates and they tend to be wary of the elders of their kind. The older a vampire becomes, the more stagnant and callous he becomes to the world around it. The Movement has still had success in some areas, however, and has grown support by being patient and playing the political games that it must. Passion and unity are the weapons of the Carthian Movement.

The Ordo Dracul
The Ordo Dracul claims to follow the teachings of Vlad Tepes, Dracula himself. Dracula claimed to have no sire, struck by God with undeath for his abuse of faith. The Dragons, as they are known, comprise one of the youngest major factions of the society of the Damned. Their supposed founder has not been seen in over a century, and his absence further brings the Ordo Dracul into question with some Kindred.
The Order teaches that nothing is permanent, that even vampirism can be overcome. The Dragons have developed a number of supernatural paths that lessen the effects of the Curse, paths they call the Coils of the Dragon.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

You're in!

The game may be a month or two before it starts. But when it starts, it is going to be great. I promise you it will surpass pantheon and every other game here. What I have planned is very exciting.
Cool! I can't wait!

Ok, so help me understand this: are we to choose which clan we want to belong to?
The King has one more move.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Ooo, the Ordo Dracul is an interesting idea. Reminds me somewhat of eastern spirituality, for vampires. Instead of escaping samsara, it's for escaping vampirism. I like it.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

caamora wrote:
You're in!

The game may be a month or two before it starts. But when it starts, it is going to be great. I promise you it will surpass pantheon and every other game here. What I have planned is very exciting.
Cool! I can't wait!

Ok, so help me understand this: are we to choose which clan we want to belong to?
Absolutely. You chose whatever clan you want - they are like 'family' (as close a proximation the Kindred will ever get). There are five of them with numerous bloodlines. Then you chose a covenant (again, five) or no covenant. The covenants are like philosophies, religious beliefs, political factions - that sort of thing. Each clan and covenant bring a host of powers and weaknesses.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tepes wrote:Ooo, the Ordo Dracul is an interesting idea. Reminds me somewhat of eastern spirituality, for vampires. Instead of escaping samsara, it's for escaping vampirism. I like it.
The Ordo Dracul is wonderful, and it may be my favourite covenant. However, I have a soft spot for the Invictus simply because I love the idea of aristocracies (although, the Ventrue kind of fill that niche).
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Is there any tension between the clans and covenants? For example, Clan Mekhet despises the Ordo Dracul for whatever reasons? Or is every clan neonate free to choose whatever covenant they like?
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

I must say, Loremaster, I'm very excited for this to start. :D
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

There is tension between Covenants, but not necessarily between Clans and Covenants. And yes, every neonate is free to join any of the five Covenants (the Circle of the Crone and Lancae Sanctum (sp?) being the other two).

Some Clans may seem a bitter fit for certain Covenants (Lore's example of Clan Ventrue and the Invictus springs to mind), but I'm sure a kindred could prosper in any Covenant, regardless of their Clan.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Double post I know, but Lore, do you have the game books for Changeling: The Lost or Hunter: The Vigil? They're the two WoD games I've really wanted to try.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tepes wrote:Is there any tension between the clans and covenants? For example, Clan Mekhet despises the Ordo Dracul for whatever reasons? Or is every clan neonate free to choose whatever covenant they like?
There are tensions, well specifically between the covenants. As for the clans, they have opinions regarding archetypes of the clans. But that does not mean that a clan is predisposed to a certain covenant. So yes, a neonate is free to chose whatever covenant they like.

Thanks for the excellent summary, Variol Son.
Variol Son wrote:Double post I know, but Lore, do you have the game books for Changeling: The Lost or Hunter: The Vigil? They're the two WoD games I've really wanted to try.
I do not own those games, VS. Sorry! However, from what I saw of Changeling I was very impressed. I am prepared to allow mortals given that the core rulebook allows them, but the game will be hard for them.

Maybe in the future I may get either Changeling or Hunter.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry for the double post. I am racing through the books. Possibly because I am very excited about running the game. It seems Vampire is more feasible for a forum game than Dark Heresy. I will be making my intentions for how the game will be run soon, so expect some super exciting stuff within a day. I will also post the character creation - core information - rules by the weekend.

Thanks for the enthusiasm, people! I would never have expected this great a response!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I vote no humans (even though no one really gets a vote ;)), and I also vote no bloodlines. Just Clans and Covenants will be complicated enough for me. :D

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am inclined to agree with you, VS. Humans will complicate matters and make it too hard to play (as humans). Bloodlines will make it complex for players. However, I forsee no issues using bloodlines as NPCs (the Telamones will make fascinating vampires characters).
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Question:

You all seem to know about these clans and covenants. Is there something I can read to get me up to date on this game that you all seem familiar with?
The King has one more move.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Clans

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_(VTR)

Covenants

White Wolf Wiki - Covenants
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Is it too late to get in on this? If not, I'll go back and read the other stuff and see if I have the time. I only know the pre-Req game well, and I've not done a game here...feel free to say no, just give an answer.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

I also find myself lamenting the loss of the Tzimisce. While the Mekhet appear the most original and enjoyable, the other Requiem clans seem derived from similar Masquerade clans, All of which I found to be uninteresting in Masquerade (Toreador, Gangrel, Nosferatu). Looking at the Daeva and others I notice a lacking sense of uniqueness, and find myself unattached or swayed to choose any of them. In fact the only clan I could bring myself to play would be the Mekhet, or perhaps the Ventrue. I suppose Requiem has compensated with other features (personality, covenants) to make up for the lack of distinction and character between the clans.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Personally I quite liked the Toreador, but I've always enjoyed indulging in my favourite vices, and I like the new twist on the Nosferatu that they don't have to be physically ugly.

The Brujah would have made a good Clan for the Carthian Movement as the Ventrue do for the Invictus, but I think the Malkavians are the biggest loss from Masquerade. I always liked the Malkavians.

I know that the Ventrue do have a Malkovian bloodline based on the old Malkavian, but the rigid hierarchy of the Ventrue doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

I agree. Malkavian antics will be sorely missed.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I always had a thing for brujah characters despite never playing them. Also, my favorite character in the pc game Bloodlines was Jack the old school Brujah biker type. he was cool.

Return to “Gravin Threndor”