Vampire: The Requiem - Location, location, location

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: The Requiem - Location, location, location

Post by Seven Words »

So....what city is this going to be set in?

yay! first EVAH post in this forum!!! I r teh r0xx0rz
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hmmm, Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines was set in LA, and the first Vampire: The Requiem setting was New Orleans, so somewhere other than those two cities would be good.

New York maybe? Or Las Vegas?
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

mmm Shame, cause new orleans has that cool voodoo vibe to it.

Somewhere with a cool old school vibe. New York works, something like Chicago would rock. Las Vegas has that whole city of sin thing going for it though.

Too many choices :P South would be good as they have the biggest ethnic range from what ive read. Of course Im hardly from the country like alot of you fellas so who knows :P

I have some ideas for characters, but depends on the sorta restrictions we have put on us really. I have one idea I like alot, especially if Chicago or New Orleans is the place
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vampire: The Requiem has New Orleans detailed in it. White Wolf have released two books for New Orleans and Chicago. Now, my take is that I'm inclined to create my own city because I have some really fun ideas. The downside is that takes a lot of work, however I will be borrowing characters from some books to make it quicker. Plus, I plan to base a city off New York/Chicago and move it south or north (there's a reason I'm inclined to move it north, and Montresor knows).

I'm looking at having a city that's pretty damn big. We're looking at a vampire for every 50,000 people - and housing New York's population. I'm thinking a big metropolis, urban and industrial sprawl, dockyards, and a region like the Rockies to the north or west . . . for the Lupines (and no, I do not want to run an Underworld-like setting :lol: ). Don't be disheartened. I am planning for it be like a sandpit - you do what you want - secure your haven where you want it be, get lost in the urban jungle, or become caught in Kindred politics, follow your personal story, track down the strange horror in the disused warehouse, rescue the child . . . so many possibilities people . . .

However, I am absolutely open to suggestions. This is your city.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Detroit! Detroit! Detroit!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...me thinks someone might have a slight unfair advantage playing in his hometown as the setting for a game, Seven... ;)

but that is Lore's call, of course.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

hey, any serious gamer will try and find every advantage they can...GOOD gamers will expect and accept hearing "no" a lot, and not whine and pitch a hissy fit.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*covers grin while sitting back and learning*
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

I like the idea of creating your own city, Lore. Leaves you much more room for storytelling, and erases the limits that using an existing city would impose.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Someone mentioned Las Vegas.

Very, very cool place to live with an exciting night life and plenty of international tourists.

Las Vegas would have great variety because you not only have a wide range of social classes, you also have many different nationalities. There would never be a loss of blood to drink and there is plenty of money.
The King has one more move.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Hey..Detroit works for all that...head north, and once you get past Port Huron, it's VERY rural...or NorthWest..near Flint is some national park forest.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I may as well just have the whole of America. :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Why not Amerida...that alternative/futuristic world after the Canadiens invaded and made everyone say "eh" and drink Moosehead?
(where did I see that? God it was funny...)
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

LOL!!!
The King has one more move.
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Post by Louis de la Forêt »

I like the idea of doing a "Gotham City" or "Metropolis" kind of thing. Something old skool with real gritty character to it. And all the really cool cities seem to be on the great lakes or Northeast US coastline. New York, Detroit, Chicago, Boston. (Though, Detroit is kind of an armpit.) So maybe invent one that's in that class... put it where Duluth is, in Minnesota, or put it where Cleveland or Buffalo are, along Lake Erie.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

HarbingerOfTheVoid wrote:I like the idea of doing a "Gotham City" or "Metropolis" kind of thing. Something old skool with real gritty character to it. And all the really cool cities seem to be on the great lakes or Northeast US coastline. New York, Detroit, Chicago, Boston. (Though, Detroit is kind of an armpit.) So maybe invent one that's in that class... put it where Duluth is, in Minnesota, or put it where Cleveland or Buffalo are, along Lake Erie.
You happen to be thinking right along my lines.

I was going to quote Bruce Wayne from Batman Begins, a line about how Gotham City was once great and is now decaying. That's the kind of thing I want. I want that Gotham - with that realism.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

HarbingerOfTheVoid wrote:or put it where Cleveland or Buffalo are, along Lake Erie.
That would definitely be a fictional place, since real people are fleeing this area in droves...and there aren't even any scary vampires. :lol:
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”