Vampire: The Requiem - The Council of the Primogen

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I'm just letting the Ordo Dracul players know that I now have the Ordo Dracul rulebook. There are some interesting things in there (just skimmed through it).
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Hm, I'd like to get my hands on that book. The information on Dracula's society in the core Vampire book just left me wanting more.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tepes wrote:Hm, I'd like to get my hands on that book. The information on Dracula's society in the core Vampire book just left me wanting more.
You know the link that I never sent you. Well, you might want to check the search engine for Ordo Dracul for a pdf that you shouldn't download. :shifty:

Update on how things are going. I have completed a draft of the city, which includes a large forested, mountain area to the north-west and a bay to the south-east. The map is being divided into zones where adventures take place (think Zombie Apocalypse). Zones have a theme - say, downtown, slums or docks. They also affect the likelihood of feeding, have some interesting Kindred, rumours (story hooks) some creepy elements.

Player characters have their havens wherever they can afford them, and then venture out and do what they want. Like ZA, you specify the purpose being the zone/region (might call them suburb or something appropriate): looking for someone to feed on, meeting someone, spying, following rumours, combat, etc. And from there I run a story.

For instance, say Markus Keegan (a Nosferatu who was once a journalist) decides he needs blood. The player simply asks to move his or her character to the airport and look for a victim. I make some rolls. It's harder to hunt here, with all the security about (and Markus is pretty disgusting to look at, so he's not the most inconspicuous Kindred). But he manages to find a lost German tourist who found himself in an empty baggage area. Markus successfully drained 6 Vitae, and left the man to collapse on to a couch. When he turns around, he thinks he notices (just passed a test) a couple running away in shock. Did they see him feeding? Has the masquerade been broken? Markus gives chase.

Over the course of a few days gaming, Markus finds out that someone silenced the couple - their bodies were found the next day in an industrial bin. He did not kill them. Then he notices that he's being followed by airport security around the city. A brief fight ensues, and he finds out that they are ghouls - mortals who drink Vitae. One of them tells him that he's angered the Kindred who run the airport, as they had to fix his little problem. They want him to make restitution.

Markus discovers that these Kindred want him to help them dispose of a journalist who has been getting too close to the truth of their operation. Things are now getting uncomfortable for him . . .
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, I'm busy designing the city. Can all characters be designed in four weeks? Say, by the 25th of May? I hope to start the game around that time.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

[ooc] - Just realized this was posted in the wrong thread. Apologies to all.
Last edited by Ivan Karpenku on Mon May 18, 2009 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

OOC Question - the original V:tR and WoD books include XP being given per game session, as well as for completing each story, which was assumed to be several game sessions long. That still kind of assumes there would be a series of discreet sit-down game over a table, and that xp for that session would be given out at the end.

Since we're playing in a sort of constant update environment, how will XP be awarded?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan Karpenku wrote:OOC Question - the original V:tR and WoD books include XP being given per game session, as well as for completing each story, which was assumed to be several game sessions long. That still kind of assumes there would be a series of discreet sit-down game over a table, and that xp for that session would be given out at the end.

Since we're playing in a sort of constant update environment, how will XP be awarded?
I've worked out a system - so will let everyone know soon.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Just letting everyone know that I am still in progress on creating the city and its characters. I should be finished working on the city within a few days, and will start posting a few Kindred and mortal npcs.

Additionally, I will be purchasing the Circle of the Crone book soon - some of you may be fascinated by the new bloodlines and disciplines (one involves swallowing a snake which allows characters to extrude venomous fangs on their hands).

Anyway, here is a taste of the city (half complete):

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I will sign on to MSN Saturday night if anyone needs assistance with character creation (I have been meaning to assist you, Dorian).
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Im working saturday night :(
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Those characters are awesome Lore! :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

variol son wrote:Those characters are awesome Lore! :D
Really?! Wow! Thankyou! :D
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Please note that I have added several new merits (denoted by the (A) beside each entry - this signifies the book they come from, so I can more easily track them down). I plan to start adding the merits for the covenants, soon.

The city is 90% complete.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Loremaster wrote:
variol son wrote:Those characters are awesome Lore! :D
Really?! Wow! Thankyou! :D
*nod*

not only are they awesome, I look forward to seeing their own interaction, not to mention that with the PCs. I can't imagine running so many characters at once, and processing turns. this looks more and more intense and incredible with every post, StoryTeller. I am very much looking forward to following the story.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks, again. They really do not overwhelm me because I plan to use them individually (and rarely, en masse during Kindred functions). The politics will be driven by the pcs' actions, much like how Morn and Angus instigated change in the Gap universe.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Ooer - new characters. I like Sammy "Quicktongue". :D

How come my Carthians only have one though? :(

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

variol son wrote:Ooer - new characters. I like Sammy "Quicktongue". :D

How come my Carthians only have one though? :(
I'm working on them. It doesn't mean that's all a covenant or clan has - it just means that these are the 'celebrities of the night'. But rest assured that there will be more Carthians added soon.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Yay! I can't wait. :D

Dante Nachtzehrer
Woodhelvennin

Post by Dante Nachtzehrer »

That's a nice looking map, Lore. And the key characters are all very interesting. I'm excited to see what direction the story will take.

How much longer must we wait?! :D
"God speaks to those that listen. The Mind is a channel for the Divine Voice. May you see the Lord God in all his power and repent, for you will be cleansed at last!"
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

You receive a package delivered to your home, by courier. You sign for the package, and the courier departs with a cheerful wave.

When you open the package, there's a severed human finger, wearing a ring. There are callouses and tanlines around the ring that prove it's been worn on that finger for years, maybe decades. The ring looks familiar...

In a daze, you take out the piece of paper that was under the finger. Through the smears of blood, you can see heavy, block letters spelling out:

"Ivan grows impatient. Give him what he wants NOW."

[ooc] - Which is to say I'm very excited by the idea of playing soon, and hope that it's yet still more sooner than later.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”