Darkwood--Deepening Dusk

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led glances around for any other problems. Then checks each member of the party, to see if they're alright.

Laurel is scraped by her fall, but seems to be functioning.

Barak was hurt badly by the spikes, but still stands.

Marrik seems to be hurt pretty badly as well, but he can heal his own wounds, and they're his own stupid fault anyway.

Vynarkus is down, and not moving. Led moves over to him and kneels at his side. He takes out his healing kit to stabilizes the wounds.

Healing check, DC 15 to stabilize.
Take 10, +2 healers kit, +2 wisdom bonus, +1 rank of heal
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Waving the Scribe off, Laurel crawls out from under the fallen limbs and leaves, then hurries over to Led's side. Nodding appreciatively at his skill in stabilizing Vynarkus, she turns to Marrik. "Do you think you can bring him to consciousness so we can continue to travel? I would like to save what healing I can do until we rest for the night, to try and maximize what little healing I can do," she finished, blushing in thought at the minimal help she brings to the party.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik walks over, and lays his hands upon Vynarkus, invoking Missaryi's gifts (heal 12 points)

He assesses the wounds of Led and Barak, before expending his remaining healing by touch on Barak (heal 4 points). He asks Laurel now to sing her Healing Hymn, as he can cast a Cure spell now, as he gestures towards Led's injuries.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Taken aback, the Bard looks at Marrik. "Are we stopping for the night then? Or shall I plan on singing the Hymn as well later?
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"If we catch up to those who now hold the halfling, there will probably be another fight. I'd not enter combat any weaker than necessary", Marrik explains.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led nods agreement. "There is wisdom in this. They think we've died at the hands of this ambush, I'm sure. They won't be rushing. If we rest no, early though it is, we can wake early as well and be on our way. Perhaps we might catch them unaware during the morning."

"It also gives us a chance to learn something of our enemies. These bodies might provide information about their purpose or activities."

"I'm loathe to leave Beauregard in their hands any longer than we must, but they won't kill him now if they haven't already. So he's safe enough. And staying a few hours will make us more likely to succeed and more likely to survive."
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Nodding, Laurel first walked back to the horses and Hardy, leading them to the group so those who wanted could refresh themselves while she and Marrik did what they could for the party. Looking about her, she smiles in Barak's direction. "You fought well with us, especially considering you know little about us or us about you. Perhaps after Marrik and I do what we can to ease us all, you will tell us something about yourself?"

Then withdrawing her small harp from Hardy's saddle bags, she strummed a glissando and broke into a hymn which she hoped would invoke an aura of healing vibrations to aid their efforts.
Listen, listen
Listen to the voice,
the voice is an illusion

Listen to the voice,
don't let the words confuse you

'Cause you need something to concentrate on,
concentrate on me

You need something to meditate on,
meditate on me

Listen, listen
Listen to your heart
tune into the rhythm

Listen to your heart
beating with precision

Like the waves upon the seaside,
it goes on and on

Like the spinning of the world,
it goes on and on

Listen, listen
Listen for the sound
that is not in the music

Only you can hear it,
only you can use it

It's the sound of someone breathing,
it's the breath of life
It's the sound that you are weaving
with the thread of life

Listen, listen
Listen to the sound,
let nothing disturb you

You are in a place
where nothing can hurt you

If you feel a strange sensation,
it can do no harm

Like the spiral of creation,
it will soon move on
heal check to see if anyone else of the party would benefit from Laurel casting either CLW or CMW while the hymn is in effect after Marrik cures those he turns to help
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led gathers up the bodies of the bugbears, human, and manticore (which really means he brings the bodies of the bugbears and human over to where the manticore is). Then he starts going through their belongings.

He sets aside anything of value, or which looks like it might be important (based on how the person was wearing it, for example). Vyn and Laurel can look at them later for magic. For the moment, Led is looking for information about who they are, where they're from, why they were in the area, etc.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard sets her harp down, then goes back over to the awakening warlock, tsking at the extent of the injuries still hindering him. She gently smiles at him, and as she brushes back a lock of his dark hair, a golden glow traces along his temple, and he sighs heavily in further relief.

She then turns with a slight frown upon her face towards the scribe and rises. Striding purposely towards him, she wraps her arms around his waist from behind and whispers, "You are wasting the benefit of my hymn. If we are going to rest, we are to rest while it lingers to benefit us. Come help me lay camp and sit with me for awhile by the fire; perhaps to hear a tale by Barak. These items can wait until morning," she adds, grasping hold of his hand and pulling him towards the horses for their supplies. A second golden glow suffuses the scribe, and his countenance suddenly relaxes at the relief of the pain from the wounds his adrenaline apparently was masking from his awareness. Laurel giggles as Led struggled to stifle a huge yawn while his body recuperates, and gently leads him to the horses to help her unload.

Cast Cure Light Wounds upon Vynarkus. Cast Cure Moderate Wounds upon Led.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led mutters, loud enough for everyone to hear, "'Come relax over here... by unloading the horses.' she says."

Then he slaps her on the ass as he quickly moves around her to the horse. "But hear this, woman... in the morning when we rise, YOU get to frisk the bodies. Stink or no stink." His face is hidden while he busies himself with the saddlebags, but the grin is apparent in his voice.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Squealing at the unexpected proof of the success of her spell, the bard can't help but grin back in delight as she rubbed at the sting of the slap and rejoiced in the playfulness in the scribe's tone. Focusing her attention to the task at hand, she and Led continued to pitch camp, then settled next to each other by the hearth fire; Laurel absently plucking at her harp's strings.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Thinking of the missing Beauregard, Led unloads the horses, helps set up camp, and starts looking for food. "why don't you come with me, Laurel? I'll show you some of the hidden secrets of nature.", Led chuckled.

survival check to forage.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Looking at Led with a twinkle in her eyes, yet shaking her head with remorse, the bard replies, "just what part of 'you are wasting the benefit of my hymn. If we are going to rest, we are to rest while it lingers to benefit us,' don't you understand? Stay still and let me help you to relax," she adds as she moves behind him and starts massaging the tension out of his shoulders.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Barak Windblown
Woodhelvennin

Post by Barak Windblown »

Barak aids where he can as the party makes camp. He moves stiffly, still pained by his wound, and the battle has clearly left him drained and tired. Once Led has gathered the bodies of the fallen, however, he rouses himself enough to cast one last spell over the corpses.

OoC: Barak casts Detect Magic over the bodies of the Bugbears, Human and Manticore.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus sees what Barak is doing, and decides that it is a good idea.

[ooc]Vynarkus also uses Detect Magic on the dead enemies, and uses Spellcraft to attempt to determine what the items are.[/ooc]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

There is a magic wand, and a scroll.

Scroll bears Monster Summoning 1, Blindness, and Acid Arrow

Wand is Magic Missile, has 27 charges.

/OOC--I'm at teh front area kiosk at teh hotel. I will lamentably have to bare-bones this to let you folks move on.....

You continue to track Beauregard's abductors, when you come to a clearing. The tracks simply disappear.

Vynarkus looks slightly flabbergasted....

/ooc--I'm assuming he'll do his usual methodical check everything....PM incoming
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[ooc] - Copying from the other thread, for continuity's sake.
Seven Words wrote:OK< I had done the rolls before we left, just waiting for time to post them...

Detect Magic reveals a POWERFUL spell was worked here recently. SPellcraft roll..it was a Teleport. You manage to get a fair idea as to teh destination.....northern edge of teh Northern SHield of Valkhan mountains, right about where it turns from running mainly NOrth to runing mainly East.

Long raod trip ahead of you folks.

RP to your hearts content...2 weeks IC....which will take up till Tues ro Wed when I get back to Houston.
After hearing Vynarkus' revelation of where they're headed, Led groans. "First village we get to, we need to get Barak a horse, then. It creeps me out, seeing another Heshic on foot. And we'll need provisions. And more potions." He sighs, heavily.

"This is turning into a campaign. Why would someone that far north want to kidnap Beauregard, anyway?"
Geek the mage, first.
Barak Windblown
Woodhelvennin

Post by Barak Windblown »

"That is the question, isn't it?" Barak replies slowly. "The little one seems to have made a large enemy."

Barak pokes absently at the hearth-fire as he speaks, settling in close to the warmth. Then he opens his large satchel, rummaging around in it before drawing out small wrapped bundles of food; dried fruit, hard biscuits and salted meat. He opens the bundles on the ground beside the fire, saying, "Hardly a feast, true, but you are all most welcome to eat with me. Clearly, we will be needing many more such provisions for the journey north."
Laurel wrote: "You fought well with us, especially considering you know little about us or us about you. Perhaps after Marrik and I do what we can to ease us all, you will tell us something about yourself?"
Barrak nods his thanks to the young Bard, smiling softly at the interplay between her and the Shape-shifter, as he munches on some fruit. "I am a just wanderer, a seeker of knowledge and wisdom who travels and learns by my Mistress' will. How could I not have aided you, knowing what your enemies had planned? Such a desertion would have weighed heavily upon me. Besides, they are evil creatures, Bugbears. The World is well rid of them."

Barak unpacks his small pipe; a simple wooden device adorned with feather and tokens tied to it by leather thongs. he lights it with a brand from the fire and draws the smoke into his lung with a deep sigh of satisfaction.

"A horse you say, Led? Ahh, I can here my old bones complaining now, and my father's laughter," Barak chuckles, his eyes rueful.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led slowly inhales the smell of the pipe, clearly discernable even through the smoke of the fire. "Oh... is that real Heshic blend?"

Barak nods, and holds the pipe out to him, but Led declines. "My Master would smoke that, in the evenings. When we would visit with the tribe chiefs, he would sit with them talking of the future, or just looking out across the plains. The smell always comforted me. It was like... " he grinned, lost in memory. "Like the whole future was open before me, as the moonlit plains were open. All the possibilities were as the stars in the clear sky. And yet I was content with the world as it was, instead of wanting to go chase after things."

Led looks around, then spots a fallen log near the edge of the clearing. Looking at Marrik, he gestures to it, and they both carry the log over to the fire, placing it a few feet away, and close to where Barak is sitting.

"I think I would just like to sit near you while you smoke, if you wouldn't mind." He sits on the ground in front of the log, and using his cloak as a pillow, leans back on it. He inhales deeply and closes his eyes with a smile.

"Would you like to join me, Laurel?" He holds out his arm along the log, creating a space next to him.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Casting an appraising glance towards Vynarkus and Barak, as well as towards Marrik to see how well the hymn was working, Laurel steps over the log and snuggles into the space Led created for her. Turning towards the Heshic sorcerer, she addresses him with an offer, "I know only a little of the nomads of the plains, but I must express astonishment that you do not have a horse of your own, Barak. Until we can find you a suitable mount, will you ride with me upon Garvin? It will slow her down a little, but since Hardy moves slower anyway, it should not make that much difference in our overall speed."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”