Darkwood--Deepening Dusk

Moderator: Seven Words

Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus looks over at Led.

"That depends. I still have not mastered using it, and may fail occasionally. However, I can use it to make my attacks more damaging, so, unless you have reason to take it back, I would like to keep it."

Then he walks over to Laurel, and holds up the scroll and the wand, and begins talking with her.

[ooc]Conversation with Laurel in PMs, should not even take a minute of game time.[/ooc]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Yeah, sure. Keep it."

Led goes back to packing, muttering under his breath.

"Why is it that all these big guys keep chopping me up with their magic weapons, we kill them, and hand the weapons out to everybody else in the party. I'm not sure I feel okay that everybody around me seems to be carrying a weapon that almost killed me."
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Having finished talking with Laurel, Vynarkus heads over to Led.

"I understand what you have said about wanting to keep the weapons that put you in danger, and I am sorry about taking the sword from you, but I think it is a good idea to let the people in our group who can use magic items have them. However, since I do not have much use for it, and Laurel has refused it, I would like to know if you would like to take the wand as a back-up weapon for any time we encounter an enemy you can't attack, like the Manticore."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led sighes. "No, you're right. I know it's the right thing to do, letting you or Marrik or the others take these weapons. I can't use them, and if they'll help us avoid dying later... that's nothing but good."

"There's just something very intimate about dying, even when I don't finish dying before being saved. These weapons are both reminders of those private moments, and trophies that I managed to survive when their owners didn't. Seeing all of you walking around holding them feels like an invasion."

Led smiles, perhaps a bit too manic, perhaps a bit forced. "But, I'll get over it. And, as for this wand, it would do me no good at all. Can't you or Barak use it? You're the magic types. All I can do is stab someone with it, but I imagine that wouldn't be very useful."

"And, I think I have an idea about dealing with manticores or other airborn enemies. Building those Bullroarers the other day got me thinking in terms of rope use. If we can pick up a good rope at the next village, I think I can use it to lasso a flier, and maybe pull it down to the ground. Or at least tangle up its wings so it'll fall. Then Marrik and I can attack it on the ground."

[ooc] - I put skill points into Use Rope when we level'd, so this should be a viable option going forward.
Last edited by Led Pighp on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus shruggs. "Considering what spell the wand contains, I have no use for it, and since Barak has enough spells to get by fairly easily, I wanted to offer it to you to make up for taking the sword. But if you can't use it..."

Vynarkus leads his horse over to Barak and Marrik, where he mounts up before repeating his offer to both of them.
Barak Windblown
Woodhelvennin

Post by Barak Windblown »

Bark looks uncertainly at the wand Vynarkus offers him. "I'm not exactly sure how to use such an item," he says, "You hang on to it, for now. perhaps we can trade it for the extra supplies we need?"

Barak then awkwardly mounts Laurel's horse, pushing himself back from the saddle, towards the rear of the horse, to make way for the Bard.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led shrugs. "Now that I think about it, what I would like to see is that the earring goes to Laurel. I think that having somone who can turn invisible, then move around the battlefield casting heal spells on those of us who need it... that's going to be very powerful. Her songs can still inspire us, since they're sound."

"But regardless, we should quit discussing and at least get on to the town. I'm sure there will be more debate once we're picking up supplies."
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Laurel looks at the stacked pile of corpses, then towards the Paladin with distress in her eyes. "Back in the Ree, even if one was killed by bandits and left alone to die, when chanced upon by others they were given a proper send off to their respective deity, the shells left behind shown the respect of not allowing them to be desecrated by whatever came upon them by chance.

"I am far from being a cleric, and am but a simple farm girl from a distant Ree. You are a paladin of The Lady of Light, Marrik. I will accept how you choose to send these slain to their rest.

"Even if it means letting them lie here for the elements," she added, with her head bowed.

"I can see your reasoning in me accepting the earring, Led. But I have very few spells of healing that I can cast on a daily basis. Is such truly an advantage? What say the others?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus looks over at Laurel's question, and shrugs. "If you do not want it, the only use the rest of us could put it to is surprising someone with an attack, and that would only help us once, so...
"But if you really do not want it, I wouldn't mind taking it."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker looks askance at Laurel. "But a few per day, you say? True enough, but you won't be vulnerable to enemies attacks whilst casting. Marrik would, not to mention taking a truly formidable fighter away from combat. And even the most minor of healing could easily prove the difference in near-even struggle."

She starts to trot along, the experienced scout easily matching the horses sedate walk.

Marrik agrees, "We have no one who could use the invisibility to strike a fell blow, your abilities make you the logical choice."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik stops his horse at the bodies of the fallen, and utters a brief, simple prayer for the departed that the Light may illuminate the depths of their souls and guide their path, before resuming the northward trail of the halfling.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led finishes loading his belongings on his horse, and climbs up onto the saddle. A look of contentment briefly crosses his face. He leans forward to rest his head on the horse's neck, and pats him on the shoulder, and whispers "I didn't know I was missing something until I was back on a horse. I'll name you soon, my friend. But only when I find a name that really fits you."

With that, he sits back up, and starts off at a canter, to catch up to the others, then dodges around them to move to the front of the column.

"If memory serves, that trading village is this way." he calls out, and then spurs his horse faster, finally making way towards Destiny.

Knowledge(geography) check
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Muttering in discomfort at just leaving the corpses out in the open, the bard accepts the decision of the paladin, and offering a shy smile up at the sorcerer, mounts Garvin. "Ready?" she asks Barak. At his nod, she nudges the mare's sides, and follows after the rest of the party.

Seeing Led overtake the lead, she tosses back a wide grin at Barak and hollars, "Hang on!" Urging Garvin onward, she trots past the rest of the party to come astride him. Slowing the mare back down to a walk, she projects her voice so both Barak and Led hear her. "You both agree my using the earring to heal surreptitiously is the best use for it? If so, I will take it, but I fear my arrows may be sorely missed at times..."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Laurel wrote:Slowing the mare back down to a walk, she projects her voice so both Barak and Led hear her. "You both agree my using the earring to heal surreptitiously is the best use for it? If so, I will take it, but I fear my arrows may be sorely missed at times..."
Vynarkus glances over at her. "Using your ring to heal would be the best use, especially since you can also sing without stopping the magic.
"And even if you decide you have to attack, you can always activate it again after just a few seconds" [ooc]standard action next round.[/ooc]

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”