Second Draft of AATE

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

That's my impression of the fan base as well. SRD did say in the Gradual Interview that he lost a lot of readers when he started writing non-Covenant works. Judging by the lackluster sales of the Last Chronicles compared to the massive numbers for the First and Second Chrons, I think it's fair to say that many former readers have not returned (whether by choice or because they just aren't aware of the Last Chrons). I can't see them all suddenly coming back for AATE (but I hope I'm wrong).
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

At the same time, though, it seems as if initial sales are increasing. If I recall correctly, RotE did not make any bestseller lists, but FR did. Could be that AATE will make it to, but I don't know what effect the three year waiting period would have on its sales....some people would have to be re-reminded, particularly those who don't long for AATE everyday :P

I think sales will be at its tops in 2013.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

There are probably many people like me, who didn't know about Runes until I happened across it at Barnes and Noble, but I did know about FR which I pre-ordered... driving up initial sales.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

wayfriend wrote:One ... step closer ... much closer ... than before.
And perhaps a step back.
In the Gradual Interview was wrote:jerry mcfarland: Ok. Time for the opening salvo of THE question:

IF you turn in the finished manuscript of AATE by the end of 2009, what date do you figure the release date to be? Expected has been around Fall of 2010, earlier hopefully?
  • It's too early for anything more than speculation. But I don't have any present reason to believe that AATE won't be published in October 2010. My US editor hasn't commented yet, but my UK editor is tentatively planning on October sometime.

(I probably shouldn't reveal things like this; but both of my editors were willing to publish the book in the version they saw this past summer. However, I insisted on another [much needed] rewrite.)

(11/11/2009)
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

wayfriend wrote:
wayfriend wrote:One ... step closer ... much closer ... than before.
And perhaps a step back.
In the Gradual Interview was wrote:jerry mcfarland: Ok. Time for the opening salvo of THE question:

IF you turn in the finished manuscript of AATE by the end of 2009, what date do you figure the release date to be? Expected has been around Fall of 2010, earlier hopefully?
  • It's too early for anything more than speculation. But I don't have any present reason to believe that AATE won't be published in October 2010. My US editor hasn't commented yet, but my UK editor is tentatively planning on October sometime.

(I probably shouldn't reveal things like this; but both of my editors were willing to publish the book in the version they saw this past summer. However, I insisted on another [much needed] rewrite.)

(11/11/2009)
Stop second-guessing yourself, SRD! :P
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

No wonder he's gonna be a nervous wreck by 2013 (if he isn't already).
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

I'm almost to the point of wanting to open up a ceasure of my own, so I can head to 2013 and read the damn thing! :)
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

Akasri wrote:I'm almost to the point of wanting to open up a ceasure of my own, so I can head to 2013 and read the damn thing! :)

I just thought about how much I want to read the next in series while posting in a thread of author/book recommendations at this musician's forum I waste way too much time on. 8)
acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2534448
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

I think these guys know something about the future, :P !
This might help you with ceasure fever

Gong 2023

System 7 Space Bird

Return to “Against All Things Ending”