Second reading

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Percipience
Servant of the Land

Second reading

Post by Percipience »

So I finally got to the end of the second book. Donaldson took me halfway through the book enjoying and puzzling over the changes that happened to Covenent and only THEN revealed that the entirety was a charade?!

Good grief! That means every single action and statement by every knowledgeable character must be reinterpreted!

So I have no choice then but to immediately reread the whole book to understand what was really meant by all that.

(It also means we've gone through 2 books less a chapter without actually seeing old Mr. C. Unless of course you make the argument that since TC is part of Time and the fabric of the land, he's actually quite ubiquitous in these books.)
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Just finishing my second read of FR. As always witht he TCTC series it is quite entertaining to reread with the a priori knowledge of the punchline.
... nobody I know.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

(Welcome to the watch, Percipience. From your name, you sould like a ready recruit for Linden's Army.)
Percipience
Servant of the Land

Post by Percipience »

wayfriend wrote:(Welcome to the watch, Percipience. From your name, you sould like a ready recruit for Linden's Army.)
Well, I do like her for the most part. Although I must question her raising wild magic to the stars, threatening an entire world with extinction, for um, personal reasons? But don't worry about that. People with good intentions can't actually cause bad things, right? Isn't that a huge theme in these books?

Oh wait... :oops:

Well she's a nice gal anyway. :)

Return to “Fatal Revenant”