Vampire: The Requiem - Old Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

James repeatedly lunges at Fritz with incredible speed. Within time he becomes covered in ugly bruises and bleeding from his eye, nose and mouth. Blood seeps into his tattered suit, and he soon turns pale and appears to lose his co-ordination. However, despite being covered in injuries, Fritz's knife cuts James at several points of his body and even manages to stab him in the arm and upper shoulder. Bleeding vitae, James stumbles. At this point, Arthur grabs the baseball bat and starts swinging it the thin man. He misses most of the time, but one blow strikes Fritz on the side of the head and a gout of blood spurts into the night air. Momentarily stunned, James hand strikes out with blurred motion, hitting him in the chest and he collapses to the ground unconscious and losing blood.

Combat results:

Fritz
[X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

James
[X][X][X][X][X][X][ ]
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Swaying, James looked at his bloody and torn body. Never had he been at such a point where he should be dead yet alive. It was a rush but he forced reason through his clouded mind.

"Arthur, you go inside and get me some water. Any spare clothes would be appreciated, something classy. Looks like this guys in trouble. I'm gonna move him away from here and then call some paramedics. Don't want them sniffing around us."

Arthur tried to argue but James persisted. As soon as Arthur was inside, James dragged Fritz down an ally way and around the corner out of sight from prying eyes. Already he could feel his wounds healing as he sunk his teeth into Fritz neck. Carefully trying to not drain each drop he would be happy to let the bleeding finish off the job of this man.

(Put 3 vitae into healing my wounds before feeding. )
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Feeding roll (Wits + Subterfuge +2): 2 successes. James now has 4 vitae.

Due to the amount of damage inflicted to his victim, the blood weakly flows into James' mouth. The blood slightly lacks vitality, but he knows that he can be completely nourished within a few minutes. As he feeds, he senses something watching him . . .

Current Health:

[X][X][X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Dropping his victim, James stand up straight looking around for any sign of the lurking eyes. As he did so the blood took hold of him and he felt nearly human again. The haziness of the fight wore off and he could see straight again. He hoped badly that he hadn't given himself away.

"Anyone there?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Perception Roll (Wits + Composure): 1 success.

James quickly sees, before the figure vanishes, a shadow perched at the edge of the building above him.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James watched the figure vanish. Shit too late to worry about that now. He quickly took anything of use from Fritz pockets as well as the knife. He then walked back to Arthurs store.

"Right that's done with. I gotta get out of here man, people are waiting for me elsewhere. Any chance for a fresh change of clothes? Don't really wanna turn up looking like a Jack the Ripper victim."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Knife: +1 Strength + Weaponry roll. Lethal damage.

$25 in cash found.

James was standing in a heavily cluttered store with stock arranged in a confused fashion. Rows of damaged shelves held inumerable second goods of varying quality. Books sat beside kitchen items, and glass and bronze trinkets were placed near clothes. Furniture dominated one side of the store, and most of it was covered in boxes of books, cds and lps. Everything collected dust.

Arthur was opening a cupboard near the counter. He appeared to be ignoring James, but he eventually pulled out a leather jacket, a black shirt and faded jeans. "I imagine these are more to your liking, Jimmy. I guess I cannot thank you enough, but thanks won't cut it, hey?"

After placing the clothes on the counter he pulled out a fifty dollar note. He left it lying atop the clothes. "You didn't happen to find any money on Fritz did you? I payed him money for the item, and I reckon I should take it back. Damages, you know."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

"Ah yeah... Here" James through the cash he found on Fritz down on the counter before snapping up the things on the counter. He found a slightly private area behind some shelves and began slipping into the clothes. Not ideal they were close enough to his size to fit. Coming back around to the counter he put his hand out to shake Arthurs hand.

"Was a pleasure man. Ill pop in some time, say high have a beer or something." He turned to leave and stopped for a moment.

"One thing I am curious about though, what was all this over. Just curious as to what that item is and why they went to so much trouble over it. Considering he nearly killed me for it, I'd feel a bit better for knowing."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Oh," Arthur said with a sad look on his face. "One of the archaeologists at Howell College has a website about Indian artifacts. He's offering a lot of money for objects retrieved from the ground between Frenchway metro station and Lincoln street. Apparently that's the site of some famous battle between the natives and some French army over a century ago. I put a sign up, for people to sell me artifacts, at the station four weeks ago, and Fritz rang me two days ago."

Arthur takes the item out of the paper bag and showed it Jonathan. It was made of a dark, sea-green glass. The object resembled a women curled into a foetal position, but any features, had there been any initially, had been rubbed away.

Arthur continued. "Thanks, Jimmy. I'd enjoy a beer sometime; but it's on me. Anyway, it's been a long night and I might lock the place up and hit the sack."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Making his way out to the streets James left old town and rushed to finish hit trip to the Opera house.

(Will finish post in Opera house thread)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

This concludes the Old Town chapter.

Experience awarded:
1 point for roleplaying your character.
1 point for being in a risky situation.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Khalida wends the car through the oldest part of Lordenshaw City, run down and decrepit buildings everywhere. When she finally locates Duncan Street, she is not all that encouraged. Even here, the eagle logo of the USPS was not brightly lit as it was at most every other post office, and the lights in the interior of the building where the postal boxes held correspondence for their renters barely illuminated the walls.

Looking about for any vagrants before leaving her car, she walked to the doors of the post office. Good, at least I can get in to the box area, she thought to herself as the doors opened. To her right, a sliding temporary wall locked off the clerk stations from the 24-hour access to the boxes. Glancing at the box numbers as she went further within the box-lined corridors, she made her way over to her destination. It figures the lower number boxes started in the corridor the farthest away from the entrance.

The overhead lights dimming with each corridor she passed, she eventually made it to the last one, and there in front of her was the first piece of her puzzle. Postal Box 22. Duncan Street. Lordenshaw City.

Now that she was here, she was at a loss what to do. She had no key to open the box. But at least she had seen it. If only the postal service put the renters names on the outside, it would be a starting place. With a deep sigh, Khalida starts walking back towards the entrance, her mind occupied by her thoughts and temporarily forgetting she was supposed to be meeting someone. Perhaps good old snail mail is the means to the end here. I'll send a general letter advertising some clerical services or something tonight to "Resident" at the box and see if I receive a reply.

Or maybe Reggie would be willing to watch the box for me during the day sometime
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Some time later, an old car covered in dust pulls up outside the postal office. There is one person in the vehicle - a female with curly hair. She gets out of the car and walks around it. The erratic light from a nearby lamp illuminates the white t-shirt and faded jeans she is wearing, as well as her pale skin. She sees Khalida, smiles softly, and walks towards the doors.

Khalida recognises Sammy.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

A member of the Prince's circle, wanting to speak to me about my comment to Tatiana while waiting to climb the stage at the Opera House? If I recall what little Tatiana told me about her covenant this week, this one is a member of the Circle as well. But why would she wish to speak about my comment to Tatiana? It was innocent enough...

Covering her anxiety with a smile, Khalida greets her apparent-looking age mate, then asks, "You were overseeing the queue to go on to the stage at the Opera House to be introduced to the Prince. Is that were I've seen you before? As you must know, I am Khalida. I believe you are Sammy?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Yes, I was, Khalida. I am Sammy - just Sammy. This is an odd place for you to be at night," she says glancing around. "Checking your mail, I presume?"
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

"No, not exactly." Thoughts running through her head, Khalida wondered what to say. She contacted me regarding part of the puzzle. I may as well reveal a little more, anyway. "Me being here is related somehow to the comment you overheard me say to Tatiana at the Opera House. The one about the Speaker with the Dreamers. But, I have yet to figure out what any of it means. I hoped...

"I don't really know what I hoped coming here," she confided. "But this was the only potentially physical manifestation of what I saw. At least, the first time, and which I could follow up on immediately," she whispered. "I guess I hoped to somehow start finding answers here."
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sammy crossed her arms under her breasts and leaned back against a wall, a pensive expression on her face. "You do know that I am the Circle's dreamer as well as the ambassador to the fey. I am used to interpreting visions as well as dreams. Please, tell me all you know. Do not be worried about telling me too much, for the truth will only known by you - perhaps in time. And, you have my word," she smiles.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

"I still know very little, Sammy. I was only Embraced just over a week ago. If Tatiana told me you were a dream and vision interpreter, it has been piled with everything else I am sorting through from this past week and attempting to file in it's proper place in my head."

Turning a wan smile towards the young woman, she shakes her head. "It is an entire new world, this Masquerade. One I am yet feeling my way into..."

Looking about, she decides perhaps what she has to say should be discussed in a less open environment. "Is there somewhere else we could talk? Perhaps in one of the cars, if you think we would be comfortable there? I have no idea how long this could take. Does interpretation come immediately after hearing a description of a vision or dream?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Interpretation varies; sometimes a short vision or dream can take weeks or years to understand, and a long dream understood in a second. Often, the nature of the vision can only be understand many weeks or years after it has happened. I make no promises, Khalida."

She looks outside before continuing. "We can go someplace private. A car is fine, but it doesn't matter; here might okay."
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

"Well, no one has entered or left here since I arrived and I guess we'll see anyone new approaching...

"I do not recall anything of this nature occurring before my Embrace, although I was born on Laylat al-Qadr, "The Night of Fate" in Islam. But I guess that is neither here nor there...

"This all happened on the night of the Spring Gathering at the Opera House. I had gone to my first service after being Embraced, expecting all to be pretty much the same. The call was with an established client and I thought it would be an easy job. I didn't even know about the Spring Gathering until after I returned, or I would have never scheduled it...

"But the job was far from normal. My client had a guest, who, long story short, turned out to be a Mage. I wound up feeding on his blood, as well as on my client's. It was my first ever feeding after my Embrace, other than what Tatiana fed me. Then, immediately after feeding upon them, the first vision hit. I fear perhaps the Mage's blood triggered them, and for me to learn anything more I may have to seek him out again. I do not know..."

Again looking around to be sure they were alone, Khalida plunged ahead. She described the first vision in detail: the glitering golden water, the street corner and her first glimpse at "Postal Box 22," the Eye and what it said to her. She was particularly careful in describing the manipulator, the beast from beyond time, and the three signs that will proceed the One Beyond Time.

She then briefly mentioned hearing the wind sigh to her "22" as she walked to her car from Leiman's apartment.

"All this happened before I even knew of the Spring Gathering. I then met Tatiana there, and all those events unfolded, and I got shot." She shuddered as she recalled her first meeting with Ivan. Then continued on, describing the vision that hit her in the alley later that same night regarding Terry, Steven, and Klaus, as well as the green eyed raven after seeing the stranger up on the roof. Following which she learned Terry supplied syringes to junkies for services and a price.

As the litany trails off, she comes to a halt. "I can tell listening to myself, that it must be madness. It has not happened since that night. I...almost wish it would. Does that make me crazy?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”