Vampire: The Requiem - Old Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Smiling warmly at the Doctor's courtesy, Khalida accepts his offer graciously. "I would be honored. I am unsure if you can assist me, but my introduction to Kindred society has sprung a few surprises on me and your name came up in some research I have been doing regarding these...surprises."
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Exhaust roaring, James pulled his bike to a halt outside Arthurs pawn store. It was late in the evening, but he hoped to find the man there, for he needed the favour.

Walking up to the store door he took a good look around to make sure the place was safe before knocking on the old door.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

One of the windows above the pawnshop is lit up, occasionally flickering as though someone is watching television. Seconds after James knocks on the door, a silhouette passes by the window and then the sound of someone descending creaking wooden stairs. Moments later, the sound of the door being unlatched and items being moved. It then opens, revealing the store owner - Arthur. His face is lightly bruised - obviously the man is still recovering from his attack a week ago. The doorway is a quarter open, as he is using the thick door as protection.

Arthur glances at James with narrowed eyes, then there is a flicker of recognition. "James," he says quietly. "Did I thank you for almost saving my life? Yeah, I did. Those pricks haven't come back. What can I do for you at this late hour?"
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Khalida Mufarrij wrote:Smiling warmly at the Doctor's courtesy, Khalida accepts his offer graciously. "I would be honored. I am unsure if you can assist me, but my introduction to Kindred society has sprung a few surprises on me and your name came up in some research I have been doing regarding these...surprises."
Khalida could see one of the doctor's eyebrows raise at the mention of his name. He grinned again. "My name does come up I suppose; I have published many papers in my time, although one must use a pseudonym these days to avoid vampire hunters."

He led Khalida to the gate and stepped through, brushing at a cobweb as he did so. "However, please be my guest, my dear. I would like to show you my lovely asylum - the interior, that is - if you would be so kind to indulge an old man his few pleasures. No doubt I can indulge you in other ways."
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Montefiore wrote:"However, please be my guest, my dear. I would like to show you my lovely asylum - the interior, that is - if you would be so kind to indulge an old man his few pleasures. No doubt I can indulge you in other ways."
"Lead on, McDuff," Khalida replies, winking at her purposeful vernacular misquote of the line from Macbeth as she falls in step next to the doctor and passes through the gate on to the asylum's grounds.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Loremaster wrote:One of the windows above the pawnshop is lit up, occasionally flickering as though someone is watching television. Seconds after James knocks on the door, a silhouette passes by the window and then the sound of someone descending creaking wooden stairs. Moments later, the sound of the door being unlatched and items being moved. It then opens, revealing the store owner - Arthur. His face is lightly bruised - obviously the man is still recovering from his attack a week ago. The doorway is a quarter open, as he is using the thick door as protection.

Arthur glances at James with narrowed eyes, then there is a flicker of recognition. "James," he says quietly. "Did I thank you for almost saving my life? Yeah, I did. Those pricks haven't come back. What can I do for you at this late hour?"
James tried to smile assuringly "Hey man, every thing ok? Thought I would just come and check up on you. Also, you dont happen to have some more presentable clothes I could purchase do you? I need to look a little more tidy for a early morning church visit..."

(OOC how much Vitae do I have left?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Arthur sighed. "Hope you have a good story as to why you need new clothes, Jimmy." He stepped back and opened the door wider. "Come on in."

The pawn store was its usual cluttered self. Arthur had moved some stock around, and in so doing increased the entropy of the place. Furniture was covered in piles of CDs and LPs, and clumsy stacks of books littered the desks and benches. There was a musty smell to the store, and dust seemed to hang in the air.

[OOC: lol good question. Assume you have 6]
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James looked around the dusty room.

"Uh, found out last minute an uncle had passed away. His service is tomorrow and if I go looking like this im liable to get disowned...

Sorry to impose late on you like this. I was just in the area and thought I may stop in. You heard anything more from your friends? Or had any more luck with those artefacts.
James attempted to make small talk.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"I haven't seen or heard from them," Arthur says as he rubs his eyes. "Look it's late. You can crash here the night if you want. I have a spare bed, but the mattress is stained and there's only a woolen sheet. We can work out how much you owe me tomorrow."

Arthur walked off in the direction of a broken wooden door near the counter. "Haven't done anything about that artefact, mind you," he said as he opened the door. "Might sell it tomorrow."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James cursed mentally. This was a dead end.

"Ah ok. dont worry about it man, I got some more shit to take care of. Sorry to be a pain. Ill see you around"

Walking back out the door before the shop keeper had a chance to answer James mounted his bike and rode off. He was irritated. This life of lives was getting to him. He needed something to grasp on to, something to help make sense of the situation.

(to be continued at the Suburbs.)
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Where we going? Where tell taxi to drop us off? We go to where you friends are now, eh?" Says Ivan, in more garbled English than normal.

The kid gives the address, and the cabbie takes off again. After a few minutes, they're dropped off to a convenience store not unlike where Ivan first saw them, but subtly different.

"They probly got kicked out of that other one aready... once the accidnet cleared up, those cops woulda made their lives suffering. But the k-11 over on 17th, that'll be safe to skate in."

"You got it, sir!" cheers the foreign taxi driver, and off they go.

They get out, and Ivan pays the cabby the fare plus a decent tip.

"So, what's name?"

"Uh, oh. It's Deyondré. Deyondreé Jones."

"You got a nickname?" "In my crew, they call me DJ."

Ivan smiles. "Good. DJ. Okay, take me to somewhere quiet, so I can talk with your friends."

DJ takes Ivan around to behind the convencience store, where they all cheer to see him, though Ivan's resence muted their enthusiasm. Ivan sits on the curb. "Children, sit down for minute. I want hire all of you."

This gets looks of interest from the children. They know how much DJ got paid to do his errand.

"I need some info on some guys. I think you can get really close and watch this guy better than anyone else available to me. Once I find out a few things about him, and his people, I'll be able to to figure out next steps. So, who's interested in getting paid more?"

Seven or eight hands go up, including DJ. "Okay, good."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Deyondreé looks at Ivan with hunger in his gaze. "I want more, boss. What do you want us to do?"
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan smiles. "Nice. I have minions."

He sits down on a milk crate by the wall, hands resting on his knees. "Okay, we start simple. First, here are rules." Ivan looks from one set of eyes to the next. "Any one of you fuckers tell anyone about me, or what we do... you fucking die. All of you die." He glances at DJ, "You tell them I not making jokes, eh?"

DJ gulps, then. "Yeah. He ain't kiddin'. He'll do it."

"Good. But, I take care my crew. You on my side, everything okay. We all best buddies. So, what I need is information on guys at docks. I need know where union boss stay, who lieutenants are, what times they come and go. That where you guys come in. Just go play skateboarder by fence of the docks and keep track. Move further down and watch other pier. This city only have three piers here, no? Can't be that hard to watch."

He takes out another couple $100 bills and throws them on the ground between the boys. "That cover burgers and fries, no? I want you watching all day tomorrow, but I be back tomorrow night with some weak American beer. Don't think you kids could handle real Russian Vodka, yet. You tell me what you know then. We meet back right here, 30min after sundown."

Then he stands up slowly, all orders done. He holds out his arm, beckoning the boy closer, "Deyondreé, come here minute."

The boy walks over, nervously. When he gets closer, and Ivan rests his arm across his shoulders, he has a brief memory of the Kiss, earlier in the club. A slight moan escapes his lips, but he covers it with words. "Yeah, what's up?"

Ivan leans in closely, whispering in the confused boy's ear, "Don't tell them nothing about the club, eh? You afraid of me... those guys in there, they kill your whole family, then raise them back as zombies and skull-fuck you for 100 years. You don't want them mad at you."

DJ went cold, all pleasant thoughts gone. "No sir."

"Not even to friends here... anybody knows anything... we all be happy we just die for it, got it?"
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan leads the kid out into the street, away from the other. "Now, Ivan need feed, now. Took all I had in me, just to get you back from dead. And I think you need a little more. You been dizzy since we did that?"

The boy nods. "Maybe dizzy. But I feel... feel STRONG. I feel tough. Feel like I could go take those guys back at the bar all by myself. But maybe a little dizzy, too."

"Okay, that make sense. Dizzy because we took almost enough blood to kill you there. You fed from my blood (it just give you mystic energy, it can't replace your old blood. But I turned you into a ghoul as well. And a ghoul can use vampire's blood to do magic. YOU healed self, using that magic. My blood powered it, but you did it, and the blood healed you of the blood loss. Not all the way, so you're still down on blood right now. We both need to feed, I think."

"Wait... I'm not a vampire too? You fed from me, I drank from you. That's how it works, right?" "Nah, kid. It takes much more than that to make you a vamp. As you are, you got some benefits. If you drink a vamp's blood, you can use your powers. You can heal amazing wounds. Get shot in chest... if you've drunk enough blood, you can just heal it up... bullet pops right out of your healed up chest. That one's always a great time at parties. Still hurts get shot, though. You little bit stronger, as well Kid your size, you now about twice as strong. Let's go hunting."

DJ looks at him. "Hunting who?"

Ivan smiles back. "My favorite is to get a prostitute, then kill her. Nobody miss them. They're not really great with going for healp. And they die on streets from pimp-kills all the time. Easy peasey. But, I thinking what we need is you rival gang from round here. Who they are, where they are, all that. Then I go take a visit. Then, you take me over there, and I kill all the motherfuckers."

DJ backs away. "Kill someone? That's bigtime, man."

"Bah, that's smalltime. Someone kills 12 people as a ritual killing, yeah. What I do, is just limit the numbers of battle we'll have to deal with. And once I kill these kids, I can feed from all of thm, get up to maxed out, and still afford to get you and the whole team a taste of mine. And it's gotta happen tonight. So, tell me where. They can help me track him down, but it'll just be me, doing the deed. Okay? So, where these punks hang?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"I know of some teenagers," the boy says with a nervous look. "I don't know if I want em dead, you know what I mean? But yeah, they piss off a lot of peeps - my friends all the time. Tortured a dog - my friend's dog - by cutting its ears off and then knifing it for two, three hours. He was so angry, said he wanted to kill em. You can find the group near the eastern part of Old Town, right near the lighthouse. There are about six of them."
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Okay. You get your little friends be ready for job tomorrow. I go take care of rivals."

Ivan smiles cheerfully, and waves at the group of boys, then turns and walks away to the East. On Ivan's normally grim face, the expression isn't as cheerful as he'd intended. One of the boys thought briefly that the Russian was about to run over and kill them all. Perhaps Ivan's hunger showed through more than he'd hoped, but when they saw him walking away, they all relaxed.

Ivan makes his way East, towards the lighthouse. He takes an approach somewhat to the south, getting to the waterline a bit west of the lighthouse, then heading along the water towards the tall building.

... I don't want to go near the docks at this point. Just in case that Gangrel is there and recognizes me... I guess officially, the Lighthouse is his territory as well, and I shouldn't be killing anybody or feeding here. But several of his people will be dying soon enough, so I'm not very worried about what he'll think of some punk kids...

As he approaches the lighthouse, he slows down to keep an eye out for enemies. As he'd walked, with the thought that he'd get to feed shortly in the front of his mind, his hunger started to rise. When he got closer, training asserted itself, and he started being cautious. But the voice of his hunger started to argue. He was starting to see the red at the edges of his vision.

...MUST FEED NOW...

...Not yet. Check for sentries... witnesses. Can't screw up everything just because I'm hungry...

If Ivan wanted to maintain some control, he'd have to handle this quickly. Otherwise, the hunger might take over, and he'd end up killing some of them while the rest ran away and told the authorities.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Continued in the Palepoint Lighthouse thread.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”