Vampire: The Requiem - Palepoint Lighthouse

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Vampire: The Requiem - Palepoint Lighthouse

Post by Loredoctor »

Please post in here for Stories relating to Palepoint Lighthouse.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan Karpenku wrote:"Okay. You get your little friends be ready for job tomorrow. I go take care of rivals."

Ivan smiles cheerfully, and waves at the group of boys, then turns and walks away to the East. On Ivan's normally grim face, the expression isn't as cheerful as he'd intended. One of the boys thought briefly that the Russian was about to run over and kill them all. Perhaps Ivan's hunger showed through more than he'd hoped, but when they saw him walking away, they all relaxed.

Ivan makes his way East, towards the lighthouse. He takes an approach somewhat to the south, getting to the waterline a bit west of the lighthouse, then heading along the water towards the tall building.

... I don't want to go near the docks at this point. Just in case that Gangrel is there and recognizes me... I guess officially, the Lighthouse is his territory as well, and I shouldn't be killing anybody or feeding here. But several of his people will be dying soon enough, so I'm not very worried about what he'll think of some punk kids...

As he approaches the lighthouse, he slows down to keep an eye out for enemies. As he'd walked, with the thought that he'd get to feed shortly in the front of his mind, his hunger started to rise. When he got closer, training asserted itself, and he started being cautious. But the voice of his hunger started to argue. He was starting to see the red at the edges of his vision.

...MUST FEED NOW...

...Not yet. Check for sentries... witnesses. Can't screw up everything just because I'm hungry...

If Ivan wanted to maintain some control, he'd have to handle this quickly. Otherwise, the hunger might take over, and he'd end up killing some of them while the rest ran away and told the authorities.
The smell of the ocean drifts down quiet, decaying streets, carried in the warm night air. In the distance, Palepoint lighthouse looms over the faded and broken buildings of old town, the structure stark and gaunt like a finger bone reaching into the black sky. Occasionally, a weak light flashes from the peak of the tower. Nothing stirs in this part of town, although some windows are lit from within by jaundiced lamps.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan approaches the lighthouse proper, from the west, along the waterfront from that side. He tries to keep an eye out for sentries or witnesses, and eventually moves up to the lighthouse building.
Loremaster wrote:You can find the group near the eastern part of Old Town, right near the lighthouse. There are about six of them."
Before he gets to the lighthouse itself, he starts to head north and cruises the area for the six youths.

Streetwise check to find them. Graphitti on the walls might give a clue about them. I doubt that a specialty of "Black Market" applies there.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Steetwise (Wits + Streetwise) roll: 4 successes.

Ivan stands before a tall and broken wooden fence, covered with mold and graffiti. Most of the tags and images are faded, but he notices that a few are recent. It then occurs to him that one particular tag is more common in this part of Old Town, and as he was walking towards the lighthouse he recalls seeing more and more of the 'crew6blade' name.

Crew6blade appears to dominate the tags on the fencing surrounding the lighthouse grounds. Behind it, closer to the pale structure, a thin column of smoke lazily rises into the night sky with flecks of fire fading as they drift upwards. Ivan can hear some teenagers laughing in that direction.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

...FEED!

... Keep it under control...

Ivan ghosts to where the teenage voices are, hoping to get a lay of the land, to find out how they're arranged without them knowing he's there.

Stealth check
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Stealth (Dexterity + Stealth) roll: 2 successes.

Staying in the darkness, Ivan quietly moves along the fenceline. He reaches a broken section of the wooden wall where some of the fence has collapsed inwards. Luckily for him the hole is covered in darkness, so he can see into the lighthouse grounds without being seen. Seven youths are positioned around a bonfire, drinking and eating. Two of the are standing, beer bottles in hands - one looking in his direction the other to the lighthouse. The rest sit facing the fire.

It does not appear that they have seen him.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Loremaster wrote:Seven youths are positioned around a bonfire, drinking and eating.
Any noticable weapons?
Loremaster wrote:Two of the are standing, beer bottles in hands - one looking in his direction the other to the lighthouse.
Are they standing guard, or just more comfortable standing?
Loremaster wrote:The rest sit facing the fire. It does not appear that they have seen him.
... FEED!
...No! I must take them all without getting caught, and without leaving a trace...
... HUNGRY! Take them now. Sate your hunger...

Ivan draws both pistols, and points them at the standing target facing towards him. He stays out of sight as much as he can.

Stealth check to stay hidden. I'll hold off firing until I know the answers to the questions above.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Most of the youths have knives or switchblades on their persons, but no guns. The two youths standing are facing in opposite directions. One of them is almost facing Ivan front-on. They appear to be watching the grounds in a relaxed manner, and one of them - the furthest away - yawns occasionally.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

... Too many to kill them all. So, I have to kill one in a way that will make the rest run off. They're punk kids, running in a gang... let's do a drive-by shooting...

(OOC) - Ivan takes one round to aim one pistol at the standing boy's knee, then fires. Once that's done, he'll just open fire on the rest of them randomly. After that first shot, the intent is just to panic them so they'll all run away, leaving the one who can't run. (If any of them stop to help the injured one get away, Ivan will focus on the knees of any helpers.) He won't empty both clips in this, but will leave half of each clip in case he ends up fighting them all off in a minute. - (/OOC)

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”