Vampire: The Requiem - Nobility Bridge

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Vampire: The Requiem - Nobility Bridge

Post by Loredoctor »

Please post in here for Stories relating to Nobility Bridge.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Slowly drifting between traffic, James glanced over his shoulder. Seeing the car go up on the side walk convinced him of the severity of this chase. this was a matter of unlife and death.

Putting his head down he gunned his bike through a gap in traffic and raced towards the end of the bridge.

(Will continue in the Russian District after Lore posts)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Chase
25 successes are needed
James (10 successes) (Wits + Drive +4 [Handling rating of motorcycle] -2 [Traffic conditions]): 1 success

Opponent (4 successes) (Wits + Drive +2 [Handling] -3 [Traffic conditions]): 0 successes.

James almost came to a stop twenty feet from the other end of Nobility bridge. Two cars nearly collided with one another, and he was forced to slow down in order to avoid the collision. Fortunately, it slowed down all the traffic on the bridge, and so prevented his pursuers from moving much further. He accelerated away with increasing distance to them.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Post by Tatiana Ivanova »

Strolling casually, playing the part of the genteel sightseer, Tatiana strolls along the bridge.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tatiana passes the tall brick towers on the Russian District side of the river. Ahead, rusting metal cables stretch across the night, anchored into the creaking metal bridge. Cars and trucks race by, illuminating her in white and red light, shaking the bridge slightly. A moist breeze, tinged with the smells of the ocean and rust, blows past her, playing with her blonde hair gently. Ahead, couples stroll along the walkway, caught up with the views or their own world. Further ahead, a group of workers are climbing down from the central section, having finished welding metal.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Muttering under her breath about bridges across the Volga, she walks a little closer, pretending to compare the aesthetics of the just-finished work with her memory, while listening closely to the workers conversation.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"All done, hey?" One of them says. "That beam won't be shaking so much, but I think this whole damn thing needs to be rebuilt."

"Rebuilt? Seriously? With what money - Lordenshaw city is broke. This bridge is gonna collapse and we should just worry about the motorway to the north. Better crossing, yes."

One of the workers was leaning over the railing, looking at the dark, rippling water below. "What's odd is that someone repaired that pillar two nights ago. Best masonry work I've seen in years. Who would've that been? Graham's team?"

"That team works days, Oliver; remember it was done overnight?"
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

putting on a thick accent, Tatiana walks over, and says, "Please to excuse. I from Minsk, much interest in masonry. In time of Tsars, family helped build cathedral in Minsk, very solid last long+. Please to talk to who does good masonry?" she finishes with a perky smile, a less-than subtle hip-cock and a slight back arch.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

(Presence + Persuasion): 2 successes.

Oliver shrugged. "That's what we're trying to work out. We're the metal crew - or the night crew most of the time. But someone repaired one of the pillars a few nights ago."

Another worker slapped him on the back. "Oh come now, dreamer. Don't start with yer mysteries. Hey lady, he thinks that it's the ghosts of the damned on this here bridge doing it." Everyone but Oliver laughed.

"Fact remains," Oliver replied in an angry tone, "that someone - maybe just ordinary citizens - did that work. Fact remains that people have been reporting such stuff for over a century. Freemasons?" He rolled his eyes.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Pouting provocatively, she asks, "Please to show pillar? Am much interested to tell sister, she come America soon study..what is word..learn to draw pictures that show how to make buildings."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Oliver motioned for Tatiana to stand beside him. He then pointed to the pillar nearest their position - a squat stone structure standing thirty feet above Ghostsilt River. "It's probably hard to see from here," he said as his colleagues sniggered. "But right near the water's edge someone filled a gaping hole. You might be able to tell that the stone there is paler. Whoever did it marked it with Roman numerals. 'VIX', or something like that. Team nine?"
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"Is possible, go closer? In time of Stalin, church we build neglected, damaged. But after Stalin, fix. See how fill hole, to compare with how grandfather did after Great Patriotic War?" she asks with a hopeful, slightly breathless smile.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"That's one of those russkie girls, Oliver." A worker said with a grin. "Take her down and fill her hole, hey!" Again, everyone laughed.

Oliver put his tool bag down and looked across the bridge. "Why are you interested? We can get closer - go under the superstructure and then climb down one side of the pylon. There's a narrow pontoon there we can stand on. Why, though?"
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

a muttered Russian profanity, then, "Sorry for English being bad. My family do much work in stone, in building. see how Americans do, I know how we fixed things after Great Patriotic War, can look at cathedral in town and see, want to compare American way."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Oliver looked at his colleagues, down at his feet and then at Tatiana. Either her beauty or the nature of her request won him over; "Well having an interest in Masonry is one thing, but that work down there is another thing. Careful, as my friends here will think you're obsessed by the mysterious workers like me. So . . . Sure. But be careful as it's not that safe. I will go first and you watch what I do, okay?"
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Almost bouncing in glee, she bobs her head quickly..."Da, will watch closely."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Oliver's coworkers laugh at him. "Tell us all the details tomorrow, Ollie," one says with a wink, and another rubs his groin. Their victim ignores them, grabs his equipment and looks across the road. A truck roars past, headlights blinding the group, and the bridge rattles alarmingly.

"This way," Oliver says loudly over the traffic as he walks in the direction from where Tatiana came. "By the way, I must have missed your name."
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"Irina...Irina Timoshenkova" she easily replies.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Oliver smiles. "Been a few times to New Moscow, or whatever they call it there. Nice part of town. Don't know much Russian, however. Anyway, we cross over there." He pointed to one of the two tall brick towers that loomed over the end of the bridge. "Too dangerous to cross the road here, so we enter that tower and walk down the stairs. It'll lead us to below the bridge - the maintenance part. Couple of hundred metres and we'll be right near the pylons. I hope you don't mind shaky gangways, and I hope you can swim."

Oliver and Tatiana reached the tower. He was standing before a rusted iron door that was probably over a hundred years old. There was a simple lock set midway down, although judging by the poor state of the hinges the door could just as easily be knocked down than unlocked.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"Da, can swim. Uncle serve Red Banner Northern Fleet, until make zampolit angry. Teach family to swim. Water much cold, not practice often, but remember."

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”