Vampire: The Requiem - Lordenshaw Opera House (Elysium)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Loremaster wrote: "Mister Randel?" She asks politely. "I believe that your motorcycle had to be moved so that master Nwoso's car could park in his usual spot. We have it just outside, cleaned and filled with gas to pay you for any inconvenience." She looks at him with a meaningful expression.
"Yeah, well, I gotta go see my Doctor anyway, get my prescription filled." Maddoc says, standing and edging away from the smooth-talking female. He begins to head towards the exit, then turns and says to Randel, "Hey, if you decide to play good samaritan, let me know, yeah? Could be fun..."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Turning briefly to Maddoc, "yeah man, how would I get in touch? Also, how rude of me, the names Jimmy"

James offered a hand towards Maddoc.
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

"Mad And Dangerous Duke Of Chemicals, at your service," says Maddoc, shaking Jimmy's hand awkwardly. He tries a friendly smile, but the effect is grotesque on his blood-stained features. "Club Slaughterhouse hold my messages for me; I check in there most evenings."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

"Ah yes, in the slums eh? I think I played there once or twice. " James subconsciously wiped his hand on his jeans after shaking Maddocs " Ill keep it in mind man. Look after yourself."

James turned back to the woman.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan Karpenku wrote:World of Darkness, p154 - Possible Modifiers
* Aiming: +1 per turn to a +3 maximum
* Specified Target: ... head -3 ...

Spend one vitae on dexterity (leaving only 1), just before pulling the trigger.
As soon as Ivan's pistols reach chest height, the stranger reacts.

Initiative Order
Ivan (19)
Jonathan Belmont (16)
The thing in the booth (10)
Khalida (9)

Ivan again burns vitae (-1 vitae), the rich and mystical blood flooding into his muscles to grant him greater agility (+2 Dexterity). Gunfire erupts on the rooftop.

Duel pistol attack (Dexterity + Firearms +1 [specialty] +2 [pistol] -3 [Defense] -3 [headshot]) roll: 3 successes (1st pistol) + 0 successes (2nd pistol).

A bullet strikes the side of his face, shattering his right jaw, and a third of his cheekbone collapses inward in a burst of blood. The stranger's head is violently knocked to one side. Broken teeth, muscle, blood, and skin sloughs down his chest in a glistening red tide. A constricted cry bubbles up from within a throat filled with fluid.

As the stranger starts to collapse to the ground, Jonathan lunges forward with his knife.

Knife attack (Strength + Weaponry +1 [knife] -1 [untrained] -1 [defense]) roll: 0 successes.

Jonathan just misses his target.

The stranger lies prostrate on the ground, a pool of warm blood expanding beneath his ruined face.

Wassail (feeding) frenzy (Resolve + Composure): 2 successes (Jonathan -2 [starving]), 2 successes (Ivan -2 [starving]), & 2 successes (Khalida). 2 more successes are needed for Ivan and Jonathan.

At the sight of the warm blood, both Ivan and Jonathan nearly pounce on the figure's body to feed. They barely manage to restrain the maddening hunger in them to drink blood, and are close to losing control. Khalida succeeds in stopping herself from the urge, and is in complete control.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

James Randel wrote:"Ah yes, in the slums eh? I think I played there once or twice. " James subconsciously wiped his hand on his jeans after shaking Maddocs " Ill keep it in mind man. Look after yourself."

James turned back to the woman.
"You should be leaving, 'Jimmy'," she says firmly. "You and your strange friend." She then walked off in the direction of the entrance. The male remained near the pair, and he nodded in her direction.

"Go on," he said. "Follow her."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tatiana Ivanova wrote:Tatiana steps out into the foyer, looking for Severine, to relay the commands she was given. She accepts her mere messenger duty with grace and aplomb. "I'm new, at the bottom of the ...what is the expression?....ah yes, totem pole. I'll not be staying there for long, of course" she thought as she smiled slightly to herself while looking around.
Walking down the long flight of marble stairs, she walks out into the foyer. She spies Severine in the distance - a sleek shadow against the rich red carpet.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Jonathan Belmont »

Kneeling at the stranger's side with his knife ready for one last strike, Jonathan whispers, "You say I don't know what's going on. How about you fill me in before you die. I can't promise I won't kill you anyway, and I certainly can't stop the others, but I'd like to understand something about what happened here tonight."

"Who sent you to attack us, and why?"
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Insight (Intelligence + Wits) roll: 2 successes.

The individual appears to be unconscious.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Shit! And I don't have the time to wait for him to regain consciousness. Oh well, I can at least have a go at getting reward.

Drawing on some of the last of his blood reserves to increase his reaction time in the hope of getting in ahead of the pale guy with the guns, Jonathan grabs the strangers hair as he moves to slit his throat.

Spend one vitae to activate Celerity.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan Belmont wrote:Shit! And I don't have the time to wait for him to regain consciousness. Oh well, I can at least have a go at getting reward.

Drawing on some of the last of his blood reserves to increase his reaction time in the hope of getting in ahead of the pale guy with the guns, Jonathan grabs the strangers hair as he moves to slit his throat.

Spend one vitae to activate Celerity.
Initiative
Invictus Knight (12)
Jonathan (7)

Jonathan hears a metallic click. Then a firm, but soft voice. "No you don't, Carthian. He's being placed under arrest and taken to the Prince. I at least follow tradition unlike you 'revolutionaries'."

Jonathan has the knife at the stranger's throat.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

The StoryTeller wrote:As soon as Ivan's pistols reach chest height, the stranger reacts.

Ivan again burns vitae, the rich and mystical blood flooding into his muscles to grant him greater agility. Gunfire erupts on the rooftop.

A bullet strikes the side of his face, shattering his right jaw, and a third of his cheekbone collapses inward in a burst of blood. The stranger's head is violently knocked to one side. Broken teeth, muscle, blood, and skin sloughs down his chest in a glistening red tide. A constricted cry bubbles up from within a throat filled with fluid.

As the stranger starts to collapse to the ground, Jonathan lunges forward with his knife.

Jonathan just misses his target.

The stranger lies prostrate on the ground, a pool of warm blood expanding beneath his ruined face.

At the sight of the warm blood, both Ivan and Jonathan nearly pounce on the figure's body to feed. They barely manage to restrain the maddening hunger in them to drink blood, and are close to losing control. Khalida succeeds in stopping herself from the urge, and is in complete control.

Jonathan hears a metallic click. Then a firm, but soft voice. "No you don't, Carthian. He's being placed under arrest and taken to the Prince. I at least follow tradition unlike you 'revolutionaries'."

Jonathan has the knife at the stranger's throat.
"Fool!" the Saudi mutters as the shots ring out, under her breath. She had no particular desire to claim the Prince's offer, not knowing what use such an offer could be. But she had a gut instinct this attacker was not working alone. Perhaps he held information regarding her...vision...earlier. In spite of the near range, she held out small hope that there may yet be life left in the stranger for some sort of answer to be given.

Turning her Awe upon the slim youth at her side, Khalida tries to reason with him. "Are you sure you wish to kill him now, not knowing who he is working with nor why his attack seemed to focus on you out of everyone in the hall? Whatever it is you can ask of our Prince, is it worth your peace of mind not knowing what is going on?"

Looking at the figure lying prone under the youth's knife she continued, "True, we have no idea if he'll regain consciousness from these injuries. Yet would the hope of receiving answers from him if he does be enough to now still your hand?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Yes. She's right. We should let the man live. Take him into custody so we can question him."

Ivan walks to the side of the unconscious body, guns pointed at the ground, but fingers still on the triggers in case anybody gets aggressive. The smell of the blood was almost overpowering, at this point, but he had to keep it together.

Spend Willpower point on resisting Wassail
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Loremaster wrote: "You should be leaving, 'Jimmy'," she says firmly. "You and your strange friend." She then walked off in the direction of the entrance. The male remained near the pair, and he nodded in her direction.

"Go on," he said. "Follow her."
James followed the woman. Soon she was out the front entrance and into the cool night air.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

James is led to a wide parking space around a corner. When the woman stops, he sees a motorcycle placed between two expensive cars.

The woman pulls out a set of keys and hands them to him. "You dropped these earlier, Jimmy. Take a ride, a long ride. Keep your head down low and let this storm pass."

Motorbike
Durability: 2 Size: 7 Structure: 9 Acceleration: 22 (30 mph/turn) Safe Speed: 103 (70 mph) Handling: 4 Occupants: 1 +1 Cost: **

End of Opera House encounter xp:
1 for roleplaying.
1 for participating in the chapter.
1 for placing himself in a dangerous position (conflict with the Prince).

A group of Kindred pass by, discussing the night's events. "I cannot believe what happened," one says with a shocked tone. "This night has been most interesting," laughs another. "Her High and Mighty will be enraged for days, and no one from this night will trust Elysium areas any more."
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Turning his back on the shambles of the Gathering, Maddoc leaves the Opera House quickly. He looks towards the cab rank, but the space is empty. With a shrug, he starts to move off into the night, heading towards the city centre.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Khalida Mufarrij wrote:"Are you sure you wish to kill him now, not knowing who he is working with nor why his attack seemed to focus on you out of everyone in the hall? Whatever it is you can ask of our Prince, is it worth your peace of mind not knowing what is going on?"
Forcing his body to relax, Jonathan slowly removed the knife Mina had given him from the strangers throat and slid it into his belt.

Fucking excellent! The Invictus have a gun at my head and I have no one but a trigger-happy Russian to rely on because you don't realise that you're a monster yet.

"If this guy is a kindred then I've already got a pretty good idea of why he went for me, but I'll play it your way if you all insist. What I won't do", he continued, turning on the Invictus thug holding a gun on him, "is turn him over to you. For all we know you'll kill him as soon as you get the chance, just to claim the bounty."

"Just like you were so eager to do downstairs, outside the booth. I didn't forget what you said, even if everyone else there did."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Maddoc wrote:Turning his back on the shambles of the Gathering, Maddoc leaves the Opera House quickly. He looks towards the cab rank, but the space is empty. With a shrug, he starts to move off into the night, heading towards the city centre.
End of Opera House encounter xp:
1 for roleplaying.
1 for participating in the chapter.
1 for placing himself in a dangerous position (the thing in the booth).
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan Karpenku wrote:"Yes. She's right. We should let the man live. Take him into custody so we can question him."

Ivan walks to the side of the unconscious body, guns pointed at the ground, but fingers still on the triggers in case anybody gets aggressive. The smell of the blood was almost overpowering, at this point, but he had to keep it together.

Spend Willpower point on resisting Wassail
Wassail (feeding) frenzy (Resolve + Composure): 0 successes (Jonathan -2 [starving]) & 3 successes (Ivan -2 [starving]). 2 more successes are needed for Jonathan.

Ivan manages to overcome his beast, and suppresses the urge to tear open the stranger's neck. However, with difficulty, Jonathan was just keeping his hunger in check. The thick, warm red blood pooling beneath the body was proving too enticing . . .

"Try me, neonate," the Invictus thug growled. "I'm more than willing to resolve this with force. I take him downstairs, okay?"
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James sits astride the bike. "Thank you." He said sincerely to the woman. "I owe you one.

Kicking the motorcycle into life, James pulled it out into traffic. Soon he was free on the highway, mind racing. He had to get to safety. Fuck that bitch and fuck her lackys. But he was new to this whole undead thing. She could have him dead by sunrise.

He just ride around town aimlessly. Soon he was on the outskirts of the city, near the city limits. He pulled the bike to a halt near the city farewell sign, and looked back towards its yellow lights.

Fuck that bitch. This was his city. She may be a god amongst kindred, but he was a god amongst thousands of music lovers and no old bitch was going to chase him out.

Wind through his hair, James screamed the bike back towards the city.

(Will continue in another location)

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”