Vampire: The Requiem - The Suburbs

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Vampire: The Requiem - The Suburbs

Post by Loredoctor »

Please post in here for Stories relating to the Suburbs.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Jonathan Belmont »

Whoever said that the dead want for nothing was either an idiot or an asshole! I wish it were true, but I'm about as dead as they come and since I haven't fed in a couple of nights, all I can think about right now is how thirsty I am.

The thirst. Nothing in life can prepare you for it. For the way it dominates your every thought. For the way you can be fine for nights on end before it suddenly sneaks up on you. For the way it changes the way you look at everything.

So here I am, making my way across campus to a frat party I heard about the other night at The Embrace. It's just off campus, which is good, since I don't have permission to feed at Howell yet. Regent Nwoso asks too high a price. I know Mina would find me someone if I needed her to, but we all have to learn to make it on our own sooner or later.

Besides, it's always good to meet new people. You never know who might become a regular feed.

The so-called frat house that is throwing the party is near Happyrise Mall, somewhere I've avoided thanks to the lunatic there who's been threatening the Masquerade. He's described as “pale and effette”, so I've kept my distance. Not that I'm particularly fem at all, but I'd rather not take any chances given how angry the Hierophant apparently is at this Kindred.

I normally wouldn't go within 20 blocks of the damned Mall anyway, but hey, a Kindred's gotta eat. And speaking of eating, looks like I'm here.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan stands before a low-set house, its windows spilling light on to the patchy grass as well as thumping music and screams of delight of over thirty students. A student stumbles out with a beer in one hand, and his other arm wrapped around a friend. They both tumble to the ground in drunken stupor. The doorway is filled with three young adults laughing at the pair. One of them, a short brunette female, stares at Jonathan, clearly caught by his presence.

The smell of healthy blood, tinged with alcohol, is thick in the air.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Smiling gently, as if a little nervous, I walked up to the front door where the short brunette stood haloed by the light from inside the house like an angel. Time for her to meet one of the fallen.

“Hi, I'm Jonathan. Eric invited me.”

I stopped just close enough to allow the mixture of dance-induced sweat and cheap perfume to break through the sweet smell of healthy bloody for a second. Close enough for her to notice just how close I was, but not so close that I was intimidating.

She smiled back, flushing slightly, and held my gaze for a moment before looking away. Playing a game as old as humanity itself.

“Nice to meet you Jonathan. If you're a friend of Eric's, you'll probably wanna say hi and let him know you're here.”

I shrugged. “We only just met at that new club last week – The Embrace – and he said I should stop by tonight, so there's no rush. Besides, there's no rush. I'm happy here. And you're much prettier than Eric. What's your name?”

Another flush, as if her body were teasing me without her knowing it.

“I'm Lisa.”

“Nice to meet you Lisa. And how do you know Eric?”

“Well, we're...”

“Johhny my man! You actually came! Thought you'd be too cool to party in a dive like this!”

Stumbling into the hall, Eric managed to make his way to the front door and put his arm around my shoulder in greeting. It was only eight and he was already wasted.

“Too cool? Bullshit! I never say no to a good party”, I laughed, clapping him on the back.

“I see you met Lisa”, he grinned at me and raised his eyebrows in what he probably thought was a subtle gesture. “She's in my Management class this year. We study together.”

“Do you now?”

“Uh yeah, with a bunch of others”, Eric added, seeing the dirty look Lisa shot at him. “She's one smart chick Johhny. Pity she's not worse looking, I'd get more work done if she was! The other dau we...Matt! Matt Robson you sonofabitch, get over here!” And then he was gone, pouncing on some more new arrivals.

Putting my hand on Lisa's back I guided her into the living room so that Eric wouldn't stop to talk again when he came back in.

“Sorry about that”, Lisa said with a laugh. “Eric's a good guy, but when he gets drunk, it's all about him.”

“Hey, no sweat. It is his party after all. But if he doesn't keep bugging us someone else will. Is there somewhere we can hang out that's not so loud and busy?”

Lisa looked at me and then smiled and nodded. “I think I can find us somewhere.” And with that she took my hand and lead me upstairs.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lisa led Jonathan upstairs, along a hallway and into a small room littered with scattered clothes, magazines and dvds, text books and empty junk food packets. The room managed to block most of the music and sounds of revelry, but failed to hide the sound of a bed rocking in the next room. Lisa flashed a quick smile at her companion and closed the door.

"Don't mind them, Jonathan," she said with glance to the wall. "They're at it every party. Although I think she's got a new guy now."

A moment later she pulled up a worn chair beside the bed, sat on it, and then made a motion for Jonathan to sit on the bed. "You know," she then continued, "it's probably bad etiquette not to say hang out with the host; but you saw him, and he's probably even more drunk now to really care."

Lisa leaned forward and placed her hand on Jonathan's. He could see the veins on her neck softly pulsing, her heart beating fast as rich blood coursed through her lithe body. She frowned as continued talking. "I thought I must have been imagining it when I held your hand a moment ago . . . but I thought you may have been outside too long. But you're hand's still cold.

"You must be coming down with something like Jake. Noticed it earlier tonight." She smiled coyly as her hand stroked Jonathan's. "Now that we're here . . ."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

As Lisa stroked his hand, Jonathan leaned in until he was so close he would have been able to taste the alcohol on her breath had the pulsing of the blood in her veins not been palpable on his tongue. He held her gaze, saw the hunger in her eyes. Hunger so different from his own.

He didn't want to do what he knew he had to do next. Didn't want to have to pleasure someone who was little more than food. But this was the reality of the Requiem, and besides, if he played it right she'd never even notice that he was as soft as his hand was cold.

“Yeah, they're always kinda cold. Maybe you could help warm me up?”

With what he was sure she thought was a seductive smile, Lisa closed the gap between them and kissed him forcefully. “I'm sure I could help with that”, she smirked and she fell on top of him on the bed, kissing him again and then moaning softly as his kisses moved from her lips, over her chin and down to her neck.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lisa's hands grasp Jonathan's body, her fingers massaging his muscles. As he bites into her neck, they clench and she shudders, moaning softly. Hot, ruby blood pours in to his mouth, sweet and rich, and filled with the heady spice of youthful vigour. As he drinks her blood, she relaxes as though succumbing to a state of pure pleasure. Her head turned to one side, she makes soft moans of pleasure.

Feeding roll (Presence + Persuasion + 1): 1 success. Jonathan is able to feed off Lisa. She has 7 health, thus he is able to take up to 7 vitae. Each point of vitae causes 1 aggravated wound.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Jonathan feeds off Lisa, taking 4 vitae.

As Lisa shuddered and fell unconscious to the bed, Jonathan licked her neck to heal the wounds he had left. She'd be a little weak for the next couple of days, but she'd live.

As he got to his feet, he felt invigorated, refreshed. He could feel Lisa's dark red blood within him, sustaining and empowering him in ways that would have blown her mind.

After re-buttoning his shirt and fixing his hair, Jonathan arranged Lisa on the bed so that she'd at least be lying comfortably, and wrote her a quick note with his email address. Just in case he ever got invited back. Then he checked his watch. Only 11.00, so he still had most of the night ahead of him.

Stepping out into the hall he almost ran into Eric, who looked a little more coherent than he had earlier as he pulled on his jacket and checked his pockets for his keys and wallet.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Johhny my man! Where've you been huh?? he asked, nudging Jonathan's arm with a wink.

"You know exactly where I've been dick", Jonathan laughed. What are you up to? Where is everyone?"

"They all bailed and I'm not tired yet so I thought I may as well head into town. Go to a club or something."

"Don't sound so excited man."

"Screw you Johnny", Eric laughed, giving me a shove. "I don't really feel like going out, but..."

"But what?"

"But I'm, you know..."

"Ah." Jonathan grinned at his friend's embarrassment. "You know Eric, I could probably help you out with that."

"Huh? Oh. Well, I dunno. That might be kinda weird."

"Whatever", Jonathan scoffed. "You enjoyed it last time."

Even in the dark, Jonathan could see Eric turn bright red.

"Well, yeah. But I don't want Lisa's sloppy seconds!"

"Heh, don't be such a pussy man. Besides, you're a guy and she's a chick so there's nothing sloppy here."

"I guess you're right. Well, if you're keen..."

Typical bloody frat boy, too scared to make the decision on his own so I have to make it for him. Still, he was fun last time, and I'm sure once we're finished I'll have time for a quick drink to get a couple of vitae back to make up for the one it's gonna cost me. And you did taste so good that night.

Grabbing Eric by the shoulders, Jonathan turned him round and pushed him down the hall into his bedroom, shutting the door behind them.

"Come on Mr, let's really get this party started!"

"Ok, but try not to make too much noise."

Jonathan chuckled. "As far as I can recall, you were the one who had a hard time keeping quiet. Now shut up and get undressed!"

Jonathan spends 1 vitae to simulate sexual arousal.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Eric, drunk as he was, clumsily pulled off his pants and fell on to the bed. He quickly pulled off his shirt in one move, and then laughed as he looked at Jonathan. "I'm so drunk, man. Not even sure I can get it up, but I'll try." He could not help but admire Jonathan's naked body, and a smile of lust or conquest erupted on his face.

Jonathan's heart started beating again and his body warmed as he transmuted Lisa's blood. The vitae also surged into his groin, resulting in a pleasant reaction. His body afire with passion, his hunger flared. Below him, on the bed, Eric grinned like a schoolboy and was equally afire with his passion. He could see the blood pulsing through him, and almost taste its sweet, coppery scent.

Jonathan lept on him like a predatory animal.

Eric was drunk, and not very good at it. However, he allowed himself to be dominated by Jonathan. It was too easy. With their passions expended, and the frat boy relaxed in a pleasurable stupor, Jonathan sinks his fangs in to his neck. Ruby flood floods his mouth, hot and filled with hormonal spice.

Feeding roll (Presence + Persuasion + 1): 4 successes. Jonathan is able to feed off Eric. Health: 8.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Jonathan feeds off Eric, taking 4 vitae.

Having drunk his full, Jonathan rolled out of bed and got dressed, leaving Eric lying in a daze. He was a good looking guy Jonathan noted, looking down at his naked form. Just a pity he had to get so drunk to let down his defences when it came to other guys. He'd be
much more fun otherwise.

Making sure he had his wallet, Jonathan pulled the covers over his most recent meal and gave him a pat on the cheek.

“Thanks for that Eric. I'd love to stay for another round, but it's time for me to head home. Catch you later.”
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Eric moans a reply, but within moments he collapses back onto the bed. Overcome by alcohol and by the fact that most of his blood has been drained, he drifts into a deep sleep. Jonathan opens the door and steps out into the hallway.

Before him stands a pale man in a suit, of average height and build. Immediately, Jonathan has the urge to flee. (Rötschreck roll: Resolve + Composure - 2. 1 success. Jonathan manages to maintain control of his beast, despite the feeling of unease) He takes a step forward and quickly glances into the room. "I've been watching you, boy," he says with a soft French accent. "Looks like you have been busy, and having some fun." The stranger looks knowingly at him.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

This isn't good. Who is he? What does he want? I can smell his power. Smell it! I've gotta get out of here! Which way? The stairs? No, he's in the way. Eric's window? Maybe, but it might make a scene. Enough! There's no time! I've got to go. Run! RUN!

NO!

Jonathan tightened his control over the Beast within him and the fear slowly faded to a feeling of unease, dull and throbbing rather than sharp and piercing.

"Just enjoying my meal in more ways than one", he replied with a slight smile. "I wasn't even aware that I warranted such attention."

The stranger continued to smile, saying nothing.

"It appears you have me at a disadvantage. Since you've been watching me, you probably know who I am. But who are you?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"My name?" The stranger said with a grin, exposing fangs. "My name is Henri Rôdeur. I believe your name is Jonathan Belmont."

Henri took another step forward and flashed his grin again. Jonathan felt as though heat was radiating from the other vampire, but he looked cold and dead. "Enjoying the party, mon ami? I am," he nodded in the direction down the corridor. "I prefer my blood from more vintage stocks, such as the wealthier families in Lordenshaw. But now and then I sample bouteilles de vin that are more recent.

"I just finished off one; ever tried a 1988?" Henri laughed aloud and glanced down the corridor.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Jonathan followed Henri's gaze down the corridor to the room he had occupied only a few hours earlier.

"What do you mean 'finished one off'? What did you do to her?"
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Henri laughed mockingly at Jonathan. "I did what so many of you neonates fail to do. I drained her completely dry, mon ami. Well, what little blood that was left. Please do not moralise with me, for you're just as much as a monster as I am, only I have the courage to live with it."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"What the fuck?!"

Jonathan raced down the corridor, past Henri, to the room where he'd left Lisa. Throwing open the door he saw her lying on the bed, one arm dangling down to the floor. Clearly dead.

He swung around in rage. "Listen asshole! This has nothing to do with morals, so don't kid yourself that you've proved yourself more of a monster than me. All you've done is made sure that I can never come back here to feed because half the people at the fucking party probably saw my face!"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Henri lightly walked into the room and placed a finger to his widely grinning mouth. He then sat down on the bed next to the pale body of Lisa. With a show of theatrics, he lay down next to her and starting stroking her hair.

"But it is all about morals, monsieur Belmont. Do you honestly think you can mingle with these people? You are a predatory beast . . . Do you think that a tiger walks amongst the sheep and says 'bonjour, dear sirs' before he eats them?"

Henri turned Lisa over and flicked a piece of fluff off her shoulders. "I cannot endure this anymore, my love. Jonathan is simply too tied to his mortal life. What ever did you see in him?"

Lisa coughed. "There you go!" Henri laughed mockingly. "The nasty vampire did not drink her dry. But you're lover here might . . . or he could finish off the young man.

"Take your pick," Henri said with a smile and a wink.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe I only 'mingle with these mortals' because I don't have leave to hunt anywhere else, and because I don't wanna feed off some filthy bum off the street?"

Shaking his head to clear it, Jonathan breathed a sigh of relief. The feeling on unease was still there, but he was definitely calmer now.

"So, do you welcome every new Kindred to the Requiem like this, or am I just special?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Henri started stroking Lisa's hair as he replied in a humourous tone of voice. "In time you will see that I am right. No sense arguing with the newly embraced, as they obviously know it all." He rolled his eyes with the last words. "Are you special? No. You are merely another prédateur in this area of the suburbs, mon ami. In fact, had you not turned up to this party I would probably not have had the luxury of greeting you so. But I would have the luxury of finishing this lovely vintage."

The vampire then stood up from the bed and adjusted his clothes. "The problem with the twenty-first century," he sighed and rolled his eyes again, "is that it does not allow much freedom to really be a hunter."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Well, I'm sure there are other parties. Where you can drain your food dry and not get me in trouble", Jonathan replied with a wry smile. "You may just be right about the twenty-first century though. Before my embrace, I never imagined any hunter having to follow so many rules."

His anger and fear receding, Jonathan studied Henri closely.

"I must admit, Monsieur Rôdeur, that I find you very intriguing. I'd like to see you again, somewhere more conducive to conversation. Will you be at Court tomorrow night?"

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”