Vampire: The Requiem - The Suburbs

Moderator: Goatkiller666

James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

"You did WHAT?????

Grabbing his collar, James pushed him back over the bar. When he spoke it was barely more than a menacing whisper between clenched teeth.

"You only got one chance here. This woman, what was her name, what did she look like, where did you meet. I want to know everything. Every and any little detail that you can pull out of your coke soaked brain.Tell me EVERYTHING."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The manager reacts in shock, whimpering for a second and his eyes roll in their sockets. "Jesus H Christ, man," he breathes. "I heard that you had let yourself get downhill really bad, but never this bad. What's so bad about some chick who wants the band to get back?

"She's fucking attractive. Mid twenties. Brunette, long hair. Doesn't speak much, but when she does her voice is hot. Must be Middle Eastern or Indian. Real metal head, too."

He looked at James in the eyes and sniffed. "Real metal head," he continued. "So much so she cut her tongue at the end. It's like a snake."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James unbeating heart sunk. He had been safe and now he wasn't. The cock head and said he had told her a few days earlier and yet she hadn't reacted but none the less, it was only a matter of time.

Leaving the manager at the bar, James slowly walked through the crowd. He had no idea who this snake woman was, but he knew it would have to be associated with this new world of horror he had come into.

Know your enemy...

He would need a mentor. Someone to teach him about this new world of darkness. He would go to the library and hopefully find something of use. He would also track down the crazed man from the opera house. He spotted Kaine.

"Kaine man, I gotta shoot for a night or two, keep your hands clean of me. Any luck with those things I asked you to look into?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Hey james," Kaine says with a concerned look. "I got a shottie. Not too great, but I think it works. What's up? Don't you start bringing any shit down in the club."
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Taking the gear James gave an assuring smile. " Na man Im leaving it. By the way that coke head is trying to steal your business and reunite Deathspeil. You may wanna sort him out. "

James left the club, and mounted his bike. Soon he was speeding off into the night.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

As James accelerated away from the club, its music blaring into the warm night, he witnessed three people march into the entrance. Three women wearing long overcoats, their raven hair tied back. The middle one, a tall sinuous figure, stops when his bike passes and glances at him.

She turns and runs to the carpark.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Seeing the woman, James guns the engine. He has no idea if they are friend or foe and isn't in a hurry to find out.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Chase
25 successes are needed
James: (Wits + Drive +4 [Handling rating of motorcycle] +3 [as James has a head start]): 6 successes

(Wits + Drive +2 [Handling] -3 [as James has a head start]): 2 successes.

James roars into the night, the warm evening air blowing against his face. Over his shoulder he can see a medium-sized car accelerate out of the club carpark and screech on to the road, headlights blazing.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Mind racing as fast as his machine, James brought the bike hard around a corner. he cursed as the car kept behind him.

As he brought the bike towards the next corner, he calmed himself, letting his dead heart force some blood to his brain to help him focus.

Time seemed to freeze as he turned the corner, snapping his head around and focussing on the driver of the vehicle, looking desperately for any identifiable features or anything of note.

(Continue to flee but expend 1 vitae on attempting to make out who is putting up chase. unsure which attribute that would be)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Focusing on driving the motorcycle like a stunt driver and less like someone being careful, James burns the vitae in his veins (-1 vitae). The mystical substance infuses his muscles and dead nerves. The vehicle becomes an extension of him, and the bike glides between and around cars, shoots across roads, and curves around corners with grace.

Chase
25 successes are needed
James (6 successes) (Dexterity + Drive +4 [Handling rating of motorcycle]): 2 successes

Opponent (2 successes) (Wits + Drive +2 [Handling]): 1 success.

Looking over his shoulder, he notices that the car is far behind him.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Fuck it James thought. He would give Kaine a call later to see who the woman who stayed behind were. For now he was intent on losing this bitch.

Ahead, Nobility bridge was coming up. He revved the motor and pushed hard ahead as fast as he could.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The towers of Nobility Bridge loomed up, above the congested traffic. Every vehicle had slowed down, and James was forced to decelerate to avoid an accident. However, he was able to drive around and between the cars and trucks, where the chasers would find it more difficult to do.

Chase
25 successes are needed
James (8 successes) (Wits + Drive +4 [Handling rating of motorcycle] -2 [Traffic conditions]): 2 successes

Opponent (3 successes) (Wits + Drive +2 [Handling] -3 [Traffic conditions]): 1 success.

Well over a hundred feet behind him, the enemy vehicle had mounted the side of the road and sped along the pedestrian pathway. People jumped to either side, although a third actually climbed over the railing. Horns blared and drivers shouted.

James sped along the bridge, rapidly gaining distance.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Having walked in to her apartment and sorted through her mail, both postal and voice, Khalida sat in front of her computer and launched her email. She sighed with relief as she made note that her clients did not grow agitated by her silence and she spent the next couple of hours contacting them to set appointments for her...services. At last the email she had been first drawn to but saved for last beckoned: the one from Robert the doorman at Leiman's condo.

Opening and scanning it quickly, she exhaled with a touch of frustration, but understood his answer. She replied, expressing her appreciation for his prompt response and apologizing for her delay. Then she sat back in her chair, softly tapping her chin; her eyes glancing on the crumpled scrap of paper next to her keyboard. "Postal Box 22. Duncan Street. Lordenshaw City."

Making up her mind, she again heads to her car. This time she is headed where the email from Robert suggested she start: "...the Duncan Street postal office is in Downtown. On Duncan St ;)" Driving towards the city center she feels her pulse quickening, not knowing if she was headed towards madness...

...or redemption.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Khalida slows down to a stop at an intersection. A motorcycle speeds by, followed by an expensive-looking car with three women passengers. Then the lights change to green and the cars ahead of her accelerate away.

Her mobile phone beeps, announcing that she has received a text message.

Refer to pm.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Swearing at the timing of the text, she pulls in to the nearest convenience store parking lot and retrieves her cell from her clutch. Her eyes grow rounder with each successive message back and forth. Perhaps two birds will be killed with one stone when I get to Duncan Street, she thinks to herself, pulling out into traffic with her senses on alert, as a second part of the puzzle she is pursuing beckons.

continued in Old Town
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

As the glow of dawn began to light the eastern skyline, James finally stopped riding. He had avoided this place too long and it was time to get a sleep. He had waited to the last possible moment of night to arrive, as the sky turned into twilight.

Parking his bike around the back, James walked up to the main door of Desecration. The door was unlocked and he entered, finding Kaine cashing up the nights take.

"Where you been man? Had all sorts of shit going on here, mother fuckers in here looking for you and shit. Everything ok?"

James took a seat at the bar. "Yeah man, for sure. Hey man you dont have any tidy clothes for me to wear tomorrow night do you? nice suit jacket or shirt or something. Need to look the part."

Kaine looked his old friend up and down. He wasn't sure what was up with James lately, but whatever it was it was weird. "Uh yeah man, Ill hook you up. Ill bring them in later. Look man is everything alright?"

James forced a smile. "Kaine, when the fuck is shit never alright for Jimmy Fucking Randel! Hey man, I gotta hit the sack. Could you wake me just be duck, as the sun drops out of the sky? Ill grab those clothes off you then."

James headed to the room he had arranged last time. It was his haven, his own space. Soon he was sleeping a sleep that can only be experienced by the dead.

Jumping awake, Jimmy heard the knocking at the door. Looking around he could see the slightest glow still coming in around the edges of the boarded up windows.

"Hey man, here's some stuff. Its not ideal but its tidier than what your wearing. Have a good sleep?" Kaine handed over the clothes. James started getting dressed.

"Slept like a corpse man. Hey, I'm sorry to keep asking for shit but I need some more favours. There's some guy, I dunno what his name is, high end business man, black guy, wears little glasses. You think you could try and find out who he is? discretely of course. The guy helped me out and I wanna make it up to him."

James did up the buttons to the deep red shirt his friend had given him.

"Also, Its time I got back in the limelight man. You know of anyone wanting a gat player? If you do, get in touch." Kaines face lit up.

"You serious bro? Jimmy that's good news... but you sure you wont fuck it up again?" Kaine sounded concerned, and noticed James wince.

"Man, I'm fucking serious. But I don't wanna do shit wrong. Lets come up with a alias and shit, I don't wanna do this as Jimmy Randel. I wanna do this shit for my music and for the fans man. Win over some hearts. I wanna feel that rush again bro. Time to leave the legacy of Jimmy Randel behind and craft a new one."

Kaine raised his eyebrows. This was new to him. James had always wanted the spotlight. Now this. Something wasn't right.

"OK dude... Look, I dunno how to say this nicely but... You ain't gone all god botherer on me have you bro? I mean, fuck dude, your not yourself lately."

James started to laugh. The first truly humoursome laugh he had had for weeks. It took him a minute to control himself enough to talk.

"Kaine, I wouldn't do that to you. Your my main man bro. I can't leave you to hold the fort of hedonism on your own. Na man, I'm feeling the best I have in ages. Just sorting my shit out that's all. Look I gotta boost. Give me a call if you have any luck on any of those things I asked for. "

James left his bewildered friend behind, chuckling to himself. Outside was just fading to black as he mounted his bike. He was pleased to know that his main pursuer was kindred like him. The sun was his guard. Sure, he had no doubt that he was being watched by some more mortal enemy but that was of little concern right now.

Riding into the night, James headed back to Layson street.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Sure Jimmy," Khaine said as he ran a hand through his thick hair. "Look, I don't know how much luck I will have finding this guy you want. Don't really have much to do with the well-to-do's, or they wont have anything with me. Tell you what, I kind of owe ya for the emergency concert you played a while back, and because I like you.

"As for moving on - think twice about this. Don't let no dicks run your life or make you leave the Randell act behind. I'll ask Colt - you know 'mister smooth' from Cock, Stock and Three Smokin Barrels? He is talkin' 'bout forming up a new metal band soon."

Khaine watched his friend leave. "Take it easy, bro."
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”