The Destruction of Zephyr

Moderator: Xar

Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

The Destruction of Zephyr

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Deities of Eiran, heed my words.

No doubt you are aware that Zephyr has launched a strike against my followers despite the peace between us. He claims I struck him deeply, for mutating his sister. I improved his sister and she now thanks me. Calais was never his child, so how can he chose to decide what is best? I do not claim the moral high ground, for I know now the crimes in the past that I have committed - I perfected a world before returning to Eiran, and it left me realising that there is a cost. But Zephyr is bound by petty philosophies . . . good and evil . . . black and white. So he wants to harm those who chose to serve me. This . . . is an outrage.

Note his transgressions. Time and again he is the aggressor. He destroyed a forest of Etzicoatl, because Zephyr was so childish that the forest had to belong to the him. That was an act of aggression. The Eclipse Alliance, according to a treaty, was obligated to strike at him. Facing years of prolonged warfare, I offered peace . . . which he has rejected. He strikes at me again.

What is to be done, my fellow gods?

The answer is simple. Destroy him. I am offering a great reward to every god who assists me in attacking him next season. I know I speak of my concerns for his aggressions, but sometimes one must put a maddened beast out of its misery. Annihilate Zephyr once and for all time.

Join me, gods. Let us launch a crusade that will shake the heavens.

It is time to end Zephyr.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Oh, come now. All you have to do is screw up the courage to meet me in single combat. Let us end this dance once and for all. One of us lives, one of us dies. Eiran will be a shattered, burned-out husk soon enough, anyway. The problem with a body like yours is it doesn't come with a set of stones.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I *do* have a set of stones, being the goddess of Earth.

Nor Yekith is forever wise and once again tells the truth. How dare you, Zephyr, assume you know what is best for me? I have been improved from the puny - bhakti - thing I was. I am freed from the constraints of your simpering goodness and can now act in the best interests of Eiran.

I will join you, Nor Yekith, in the destruction of Zephyr. But my payment will be Zephyr's death for I will eat his heart in the marketplace!
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

It seems everyone but you considers me to be on the side of evil. None but you see any goodness in me, simpering or otherwise. I am pleased you still see things through rose-colored glasses. Shall we join hands and sing? :D
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Oh, you will be singing. You will be singing the song of death. And I will be dancing on your grave.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Well, that song has a nice melody, but you really can't dance to it.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Ahhhh ... leafy one ... I will not miss your whining sarcasm when you are gone.

However, before you are destroyed, pray tell me. What do trees do to be decadent?! Decadent pollination?!! 8O

I also have several powerful temptresses I can send against your followers ... but I am not sure how to tempt trees!! [The Numen, maybe you help me here?!] With fertilizer?!! :?

So, Zephyr; before you fade, pray tell me the answers so that I will not neglect your followers or trees!! :biggrin:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

My apologies, Madadeva. We were in the middle of one of our weekly orgies, and I didn't notice you had asked a question.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Madadeva wrote:but I am not sure how to tempt trees!! [The Numen, maybe you help me here?!] With fertilizer?!! :?
You could offer him his original sister back?

Or did you mean only Zephyr's followers, the sentient trees? We are shamed to admit that we know little of this species, or what would tempt them. We imagine that beyond good moist soil, a good mix of rain and sunny days, and the lack of encroachment by other races... they might enjoy a hearty conversation, perhaps a subtle and nuanced philosophical debate?

We cannot imagine that the word "decadence" could apply to a species like this, however.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Hmmmm ... but they do come from the line of Bhakti ... I have heard it is written that while Zephyr's father was a timid whiner, the granddfather was a letcherous old man!! I think I might have liked him! :biggrin:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Hello, Numen. Thank you very much! The answer is in front of everyone's noses, yet you are the only one wise enough to see it. *bows*

And Yabba... *clears throat* Madadeva, I believe gramps is somewhat fond of you, too. But, please, forgive him his age. I informed him that you are not the Prince of Excrement. Eyesight is the first thing to go, they say.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I think there may be some use for Zephyr yet, Mox, are you in need of a jester in your court? Zephyr seems quite up to the task, and every time he annoys you, you can just kick him in the rear,
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Zephyr wrote:.. Madadeva, I believe gramps is somewhat fond of you, too. But, please, forgive him his age. I informed him that you are not the Prince of Excrement. Eyesight is the first thing to go, they say.
ahhh!! that explains how it is done! Zephyr and his line frolic in fertilizer with their trees!! I had thoght Zephyr was full of it! Now I know I am wrong, he plays in it!!

Return to “Pantheon”