Valley of Eden - The Valley Floor

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Cryak
Giantfriend

Valley of Eden - The Valley Floor

Post by Cryak »

(Any interactions between players must be IC, but not necessarily in first person or ANY person. You can be just as creative here in how you present your Plot. Let er rip!)
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

[I pick up my drum, and begin a rhythm. It is the Voice Rhythm. It will carry my voice throughout the Valley, so that it can be heard by those with ears to hear it.]

BOOM boom boom boom

Powers are rising in the Valley. The spirits tell me of some. Others I sense unaided.

BOOM boom boom boom

Powers. I greet you.

boom BOOM boom BOOM

I do not know your nature. I do not know your purpose.

boom boom boom boom

I greet you with the open arms of friendship.

BOOM
Melusina
Servant of the Land

Post by Melusina »

It is known rain is a sign of good luck.

A light sprinkling falls upon Tulayev in response to his greeting.

The Salmacians silently rejoice in this acknowledgment, no sound made other than the pitter-patter of their beings embracing the Valley floor. Their small pools pay homage to the shaman by pooling around his feet, then they seep in to the earth, and return to their ongoing circulation.
As he rushed to quench his thirst,
A fountain spring appeared before him
And as his heated breath brushed through the cool mist,
A liquid voice called, "Son of gods, drink from my spring".

The water tasted strangely sweet.
Behind him the voice called again.
He turned and saw her, in a cloak of mist alone
And as he gazed, her eyes were filled with the darkness of the lake.
Shalaylie
Servant of the Land

Post by Shalaylie »

A distance thumping disturbs Shalaylie's examination of a strange shiney object she had found lying among stones near the great Fall. Curious, she tilted her head from side to side. As the thumping sounded again, she grasped the shiney thing, rose up and glided toward the sound's general direction. She lighted on a tree branch and peered down at the strange man pounding on a drum.

She listened to his speech and when he had gone silent she spoke. Her voice that of music.

"Who are you?" She asked, blinking down at him.
Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

Ah. So I do know the nature of at least two of you. My thanks, Water Spirit. *bow* I was taught the significance of your gesture when I was a small boy. I am honored.

*looking up at the fairy*
I am Tulayev. I am shaman of the Mukuri people.
pixL
Servant of the Land

Post by pixL »

Gathering up my things I leave the bare hummock where I awoke to follow the distant sounds of a beating drum. Crossing a rain soaked plain I see a solitary figure with what looks like a tabor. Flourishing my bonnet, I approach the man.
'Greetings, friend,' I say to him. 'I was...'
But suddenly the words catch in my throat! I know this man! I saw him in my dream!
As I try to recall the garden where he stood, my mouth begins to water with a taste so sweet and the muddy ground beneath my feet feels strangely comforting: a drowsy sensation washes through me.
'My name is voxl,' I continue, 'I am...'
Adjusting my eye-patch, I smile wryly.
'I am the voice of pixL. I guess you could say that I vouch for him.'
'He...is waiting for me on the other side of this plain. At the Old Oak Tree.'
I start to chuckle. 'The frothiest ale in a hundred mile radius.'
Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

For many years, I have learned to speak with many beings. Beings of the Valley. Beings of other places. Beings of other realms. I have come to understand many languages, and many modes of speach. I believe I will come to understand you, voxl. Or pixL. Or both of you.
pixL
Servant of the Land

Post by pixL »

"All three, I hope." I acknowleged him, musingly.
Shalaylie
Servant of the Land

Post by Shalaylie »

*Blinks curiously at two below as they converse. Then in a trilling, musical voice asks:*

"You are three in one? Why do you wear a covering on your eye? What is a shaman? And who are the Mukuri? We have no knowledge of them in our Shee."

*Continues to blink, tilts head to the side.*
Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

*Looks at pixL for long moments.*
A good question about three in one, Fairy.

*Shifts attention to her.*
And what is your name?

A shaman is one who converses with spirits, and travels to various spirit realms. I do these things for my people, the Mukuri. We are but one of many peoples - as well as groups of other beings, such as yourself - who live in the Valley.
Shalaylie
Servant of the Land

Post by Shalaylie »

*flutters down from the tree and glides around the Shaman, dark eyes gazing and blinking.*

I am Shalaylie, first daughter of the Elder Queen Shanien, from Thripsie Shee, which lies beneath the Great Fall. We are Fairy Folk, I among us am also Mystic. This spirit world of which you speak, I go often. Tell me, why do your people wish to go there? Are they Mystic as well? Are you?

*turns to the three in one.*

Are you Mystic?
Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

*smilimg*
No, child. Few are "mystic" among the Mukuri. And only I go to the spirit realms. And there are many spirit realms. Perhaps I have been to the one of which you speak. However, the one I go to most often, and most easily, is that of our ancestors. I go to them for many reasons.
Gods_Favored_Hunter
Servant of the Land

Post by Gods_Favored_Hunter »

Slipping from concealment withh a silent grace bespeaking the unmistakable predator nature fo his kind, a large lizard approaches. It carries weapons reminiscent of the oldest ones known to Humanity...blades and points of knapped flint or obsidian. After a few snarls, hisses, and spits, it manages to render sounds comprehensible to all. "I am Khar-rris'Shrach, a Wayfinder among the Gods Chosen Hunters. The People are new to this part of That Which Is, it is my task to stalk the truths of the things which live here. To learn Prey, or Food, and which Blessings-of-the-Gods are in which Things-Which-Food-Eats so that The People can eat those Foods which eat those Blessings, and sicken not."
Melusina
Servant of the Land

Post by Melusina »

As the words of the large lizard's hissing is considered by all, the moisture in the mud of the ground suddenly withdraws from the ground beneath the feet of all. Pooling nearby, the moisture coalesces, and a figure, comprised of pure, clean water, rises to regard them all.

It's movements at first are difficult to distinguish; body parts flowing seamlessly one in to another. But within a few minutes, a feminine shape is apparent. Although mostly featureless, her countenance shines benevolently upon the others. Turning towards Khar-rris'Shrach, her voice bursts forth, effervescent and flowing.

"Welcome to the Valley, Khar-rris'Shrach. You speak of learning of nourishment. Our primary reason for being is to nourish: body, mind, and..." bowing towards the shaman..."spirit.

"We have circulated through the Valley since its creation, and know much about the fauna and flora here. We offer our guidance in your quest for the truth of the things which live here, should you desire our help."

The woman's cloak of mist billowed gently behind her as she then stood silently, awaiting the reaction of those about her...

pixL
Servant of the Land

Post by pixL »

"Spirit realms!" I exclaim. "Fairy?"
Looking in the same direction as the shaman I see only thin air. But before I can comment on this suddenly before me is a talking lizard. What the...!

I need answers. So I turn to the shaman and try to explain what I know as best I can.

"I have no idea how I got here. At first, I thought I had returned home." I pointed to what I imagined was the north. "Over there in the distance I can see a line of rugged hills, there tops hidden in heavy autumn mist. On their lower slopes I can hear the ice cold streams churckling into the glens thick with purple heather. I can even smell the pine trees, and hear a capercaillie's warning call as she codles her young."
"I think it is an illusion. Because over there." Pointing to what I believe is the west. "Makes no sense. A thick pall of brown haze lies over what seems to be a great sandy desert."
"I awoke this morning over there. I'm begining to think this world has only three directions. For me at least!"

"I have to find the Old Oak Tree: through the Tall Chee-wood, I think. Do any of you know the way?"
Melusina
Servant of the Land

Post by Melusina »

Turning towards the bewildered being, Melusina's countenance changes from one of benevolence to puzzlement. "The mists on the hills and the ice cold streams on their lower slopes are part of our circulation. And there are many old oak trees throughout the Valley. But one particular Old Oak Tree, within a Tall Chee-wood?" She slowly shakes her head. "It does not strike a chord within my being. Yet if you must find it, I would offer to search for it with you. It will be...interesting to find an area of the Valley potentially unknown to us."

Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

I am sorry, voxl. I do not know to which oak tree you refer. Can you tell me more about it?

*facing Khar-rris'Shrach*
Greetings, Khar-rris'Shrach. I do not know which Blessings-of-the-Gods sicken The People, and which do not. But I know much about That-Which-Food-Eats. Many types have properties that I use in my duties to my people. Perhaps I can help you learn which are appropriate for you.
pixL
Servant of the Land

Post by pixL »

"Ah, shaman. Forgive me if I appear cryptic. It is my only wish to provide clear and honest information. In truth, I am lost. I can't even remember my own name. And it boots nothing to decieve where aid, valuable or otherwise, may be found."

"But understand, that any memories I have of what transpired before I arrived in this place are, to say the least, shredded. What prior recollections I have I must for now keep to myself. All I can tell you is that they whorl through my mind confused and disjointed in...battles filled with horror and pain...loss and grief of loved ones and friends...victories, defeats...arrows...falling from the sky like rain..."
Involuntarily my fingers reach up to find my eyepatch, as if to make sure it hasn't slipped out of place. "Also, a vivid image of a mighty claymore sticks out most of all. I'm sure it belonged to my grandfather. But alas as yet, I know no more of these things."

"Of pixL, there's very little to tell. I think he brought me here, but for what reason, I do not know. He calls me voxL. He speaks to me in a language I don't understand. But some of his words are translated to me in the form of images that I see in my mind. I see these pictures in my dreams, or in moments of lassitude or....relaxation. He fills my heart with joy and laughter, with promises and truth. I therefore..." Once again that strange sensation washes over me. "I trust him."

Quite suddenly I'm pulled off balance by an immense weightlessness and the ground rushes up to knock me flat but as I anticipate the onset of the impact I plunge instead into a bubbling brook tumbling and skimming over the rocks and stones both rough and smooth and dart like the fish of the ocean faster and faster through quickening currents..untill...the calm langiud waters open wider and wider and draw me slowly in to drift silently toward the...

Once again I'm chuckling like a fool. Opening my eye I see that I am still standing on my feet. "To get back to your question, shaman. It is not a tree exactly. I'ts a travellers tavern, called 'Thee Auld Oak Inn'. It sells wholesome and delicious food and lots of refreshing ales." I cast a smile in the direction of the strange lizard. "I see it more clearly now. It is situated on the River Doon. It is there I wish to go. I may find some answers to my quandary. If your journey takes you that way then perhaps we can travel together for a while. But be warned, dark and dangerous woods lie between here and the Doon bridge."
Gods_Favored_Hunter
Servant of the Land

Post by Gods_Favored_Hunter »

"Tulayev, you misunderstand." as one foreclaw, capable of as fine manipulation as a human hand, albeit with retractable claws reflecting the savage saurian ancestry of his kind, gestures towards an orange tree nearby. "That sphere there, is a type of That-Which-Food-Eats. Without the Blessing-of-the-Gods within it, the People would sicken, teeth loosening, and other ailments. By ensuring we eat Food or Prey which consume it, we take in the essential Blessings. At the last, shameful recourse, one of the People might eat the thing itself, but such is a very great shame."
Melusina
Servant of the Land

Post by Melusina »

With dawning realization, the water elemental reaches out towards the strange chuckling creature and gently lays a hand upon his shoulder. In both voice and thought, she addresses the one to which she clings gently, "I know not if touch will enable you to perceive me. You seemed to respond to our touch within the mud at your feet earlier. I hope my intentional touch does not overwhelm, and merely opens a means of communication between us.

"I will repeat what I have previously said, in case you did not hear, instead of choosing not to listen. I have chosen to be known as Melusina, a Salmacian who circulates through the Valley in various forms. The tavern, woods, river and bridge you have mentioned are unknown to us, and we have circulated through the Valley since its creation. If you desire company in your search, my own curiosity would wish to seek out an area of the Valley potentially unknown to us."

Leaving her touch gently upon the creature, Melusina addresses the others present, "It will be frustrating indeed if none among you perceive or even hear this form. I ask you all to give some sign of comprehension, else I need try something else."

Return to “Valley of Eden”