Vampire: The Requiem - The Russian District

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Let me repeat: his friend owned the bars. I wish I could remember, but your friend hit me pretty damn hard." He sighed. "As for his friends, well they vanished a couple of years ago. Terry's been raking in the money ever since he's been left as one of the big shots here . . . I mean this part of town."
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Post by Tatiana Ivanova »

"Ah, my apologies....has he made any new friends to replace his departed ones? perhaps a silent partner? I mean, an accountant would notice the money such a person would bring slipping into the ledgers."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Reginald walked to a wall, keeping an eye on Ivan, placing his back against it and sliding down so that his knees were hugged against his chest. "I'd know," he said softly. "For Terry, surprisingly, the ledgers were . . . legit." He laughed to himself. "No money coming in from phantom investors and no money going into fake businesses or offshore accounts. Believe me, after my ex told me everything I would have thought of financial revenge had there been the option . . . but yeah, I'm pretty cut up so . . .

"He goes out of town every second week. Think he does business with some people. Though nothing odd happening there - I mean, money-wise."
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"Out of town? Where does he go? I'd think you'd see the receipts, the bills...."
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan puts his guns away, then looks around for something clean... clean-ish to sit on. Nothing presents itself, so he ends up squattig down, elbows resting against his knees.

"So, if your boss isn't Russian... why you so sick of us? You don't look like kind of guy to throw punches." he said, rubbing his jaw. "You musta been plenty pissed off at us for something. Your girl, she is Russian, then?"
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Still resenting having been shot by Ivan earlier, Khalida sidles next to Reginald and positions herself so she could intersperse herself between them if need be. Even she knew a boot knife was nothing against his pistols but she had no other option. It was obvious Tatiana wanted something from the accountant, but Khalida was oblivious to what it was.

Speaking quietly so as to not rattle Reginald further, Khalida softly addressed her sire. "Please take it easy on him, Tatiana. Do you not sense his fear of Ivan still? And perhaps you could try to restrain Ivan from frightening him further?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Frightening?" Ivan surges to his feet, and switches to Russian in his anger. "Stupid bitch, I put the guns away to calm him down. Then I sat lower, and presented a smaller profile, with my hands visible and everything. Any caged animal knows I was becoming less threatening..."

Seeing the accountants eyes open wider, he stops his rant. One deep breath in, then out again. In with the good, out with the bad. Turning to Tatiana, "You need to teach your pet about contradicting me, ESPECIALLY in front of an asset. Showing him a divided front only hurts our progress."

Ivan glares at Khalida for a moment, then grabs his bag up from the ground and stalks out of the alleyway. He rounds the corner so he's out of sight, then stops and drops his bag on the ground again. Hopefully he's still in hearing range of the conversation, but he can at least 'stand guard' on the alley's entrance, to prevent any interruptions.

He stands there for a moment, staring at his feet. Willing the rage to subside. His fists open and close slowly, and after a minute, the red mist creeps away from the edges of his vision. His head comes up, then he turns to look up and down the deserted street. Seeing nobody, he pivots and then leans back against the wall of the building.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

in RUssian : Comrade, I can handle this. Her ineptitude is an asset here. We have a sympathetic intercessor, a fearsome antagonist, and I am the magnanimous merciful authority.

"Khalida, I understand your feelings for this poor boy, but Ivan has a point, we don't really know anything much about him. We must ask these questions, and forcefully. It is a....regrettable necessity, but a demonstration of good faith will go far with me. And then I will keep Ivan away from the two of you."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Reginald watched Ivan's back as he walked away. When the Kindred rounded the corner, he sighed and looked away. "It was his car, and he payed for the gas himself. He doesn't come back with money, but says that he's simply discussing stuff with a couple of people who have money in the business - don't know their names. Mind you, I have never found out details about them, or even if they exist."

Reginald pauses for a moment as he starts to think about something. "Now that I come to think about it . . ." he says slowly. "Terry owns the business, he doesn't need investors, and he isn't the salesperson. So there's no need to leave town. I should check his car . . . it's still there; he may gone to another club."

Perception (Wits + Composure) roll: 1 success (Tatiana), 0 successes (Khalida), & 1 success (Ivan).

Ivan and Tatiana hear someone snigger.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Tatiana turns calmly towards the source of the sniggering, and flashes her most disarming smile, the fruit of long hours of practice under stern instruction. "Please, come out, I'd like to speak with you."

hitting laugher with Entrancement plus expending a Willpower
Last edited by Tatiana Ivanova on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Her senses letting her down this once, Khalida hopes such a lapse doesn't happen again. Fingers twitching for her knife in her hand, she refrains for now. Covering Reginald as best she can, she whispers, "Who are you speaking to, Tatiana? I heard nothing."
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan presses himself against the wall, keeping out of sight of the alleyway and the sound of the laughter. He glances up and down the street, since he's in plain view of anyone out at this time of the morning. Luckily, the evening was turning into morning, and the streets were pretty empty. He pulls out both guns, and holds them against his legs so they don't stand out, then focuses his attention on whatever the reaction is from the sniggerer.

... It's not an attack... calm down... Tatiana is still talking calmly... don't escalate yet... let her handle it... until she can't handle it anymore...

Ivan waits.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Entrancement (Manipulation + Empathy + Majesty +3 [Willpower]) roll: 6 successes (exceptional success).

Subject contests roll (Willpower point expended + Composure): 3 successes

Tatiana can see the silhouette of a thin figure on the roof high above them. The figure is standing right at the edge. She can just make out that it has thick, spiky hair, wearing a long jacket.

"Hi there," the figure says - a male voice. "Just watching what's been happening. Don't mind me."
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Khalida inwardly jumps at the sound of the voice, recalling words spoken in the past by one of her many tutors. "When faced with a new situation, never forget to also look up." She had forgotten and too late saw the value in such advice. Turning to Reginald she quietly asks, "Do you recognize the voice of the man above?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

... the roof? Shit... I can't get a good shot from down here...

... he doesn't seem like he's going to attack... Tatiana's probably got him under her spell...

... don't think he's a danger to us... but he's a witness... can't let him live... but if I go up there and he sees me... it'll break the spell... spook him...

... crazy fuckers standing around on rooftops... he probably thinks he's like the American comic book guy... SuperBat... whatever his name is... I don't know that I could take him down before he ran away over the rooftops...

In the end... Ivan stands where he is, unable to decide what to do.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

With an expansive gesture, Tatiana beckons to the newcomer. "Please, come down, and join us. I was truly hoping for this to be private, but come and join us....I can trust in your discretion, surely, as not to tell anyone my secrets?" said with an imploring expression.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Hmmm," the figure ponders. "I do want to speak with you, as I find you fascinating. However, how do I know that you and your psychopathic friend wont suck my blood? Oh yeah, I know what you are. Let's say I trust you and I . . . .uh . . . .walk down and you want to taste me, things will not work out your way. Anyway, I'll be down there in a second."

The figure turned with a high pitched laugh, almost a cackle, and vanished.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Khalida Mufarrij wrote:Khalida inwardly jumps at the sound of the voice, recalling words spoken in the past by one of her many tutors. "When faced with a new situation, never forget to also look up." She had forgotten and too late saw the value in such advice. Turning to Reginald she quietly asks, "Do you recognize the voice of the man above?"
"No," he says anxiously. "What the fuck is going on? Look, just let me go; this is ridiculous."
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

activating Entrancement on Reginald

Khalida shakes her head slowly. "I haven't the slightest idea. Look, my car is parked just outside on the street. Let's try to slip out of here and take refuge in there until this is settled, leaving the two Russians to deal with whoever that was up there, OK?"

Taking Reginald by the hand, Khalida helps him stand and they both move towards the street, keeping their backs to the wall. Once on the street, Khalida guides Reginald to her car, keying in the lock combination and opening the door for him. Seeing him settled, she closes the door and makes her way over to the drivers side.

Sitting next to him, she turns and flashes a seductive smile, feeling the heat Tatiana had built up in her before they spotted Ivan starting to return. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with, she thinks to herself. Reaching out to take Reginald's hand, she follows the example Tatiana had set earlier, and gently traces her finger between the point between thumb and index finger. "I am so sorry for your troubles with your ex, but there are others out there who surely would be an improvement. For instance...me. Is there a way I could comfort you?" she says, as she leans in to kiss him hungrily, forcing her tongue between his lips.

The heat of her own ardor building up, her tongue nicks itself clumsily on one of her fangs; her own newness to becoming Kindred manifesting itself. As her blood spurts into the accountant's mouth, she feels some of her own mystical Willpower slipping away from her. "Oh..." she moans in pleasure. "You need to find your own inner strength when shit like this happens, Reggie. Face everything with Vigor, and women will come running to you..."

Seduce Reginald Reginald, feeding him 1 Vitae while kissing him, spending 1 Willpower to invest him with Vigor and making him Khalida's ghoul.

While Tatiana conversed with the unknown observer, her Childe indulged her Vice while offering the accountant comfort and Hope in a new future, leading to the Mazda's windows steaming up and concealing her activities from any potential passerby.
Last edited by Khalida Mufarrij on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

As Khalida leads the accountant away from the alleyway, Ivan steps back around the corner. He looks to Tatiana, then says quietly in Russian, "Do you wish me to stay here and guard you, sister?" There is perhaps a hint of scorn as he says this. "Your new suitor seems to know about our kind without being one of us. He could be dangerous, even if he doesn't know much."

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”