Vampire: The Requiem - The Russian District

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Vampire: The Requiem - The Russian District

Post by Loredoctor »

Please post in here for Stories relating to the Russian District/New Moscow.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Leaving the bridge behind him, James speed down the unfamiliar streets of the Russian district. though Unfamiliar, he cared little, just opening the throttle in an effort to leave his pursuers behind.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Chase
25 successes are needed
James (11 successes) (Wits + Drive +4 [Handling rating of motorcycle]): 3 successes.

Opponent (4 successes) (Wits + Drive +2 [Handling]): 4 successes.

James turns out into the main road running south east through the Russian district, signs and posters in Russian and English rushing by him. The buildings were no more than two or three stories in height, and most had stores or bars at street level. To his left was the cemetery. Looking over his shoulder he witnessed the pursuing car screech out on the road, the driver deftly avoiding it from sliding out of control. It was accelerating hard and catching up to him.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

seeing the car still on his tail, James began to get desperate. then an idea struck him. Seeing an open gate to the cemetery, James turned off the road and screamed between tombstones, looking for narrow lanes to lose the car in.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Health: [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Blood: 1
------------------------------------------------
"Are you certain you won't join me, Mr. Karpenku?"

"Thank you, but no. I must get home and listen to my sister lecturing me about shooting her annoying friend."

Maxim chuckles at this, as his car pulls up to the street in front of his club. The line of young beautiful people, all dressed to impress, stretches around the corner. One of the bouncers recognizes the car and rushes forward to open the door for them. As soon as he does, the bass from the music can be heard loudly.

"One week, Mr. Karpenku." reminds Maxim, as he steps out of the car and strides into the club.

Ivan makes to follow him out the door, but the bouncer looks inside, sees him, and closes the door quickly before he can get out. The car starts forward, pushing Ivan back into his seat.

"You get out later, with me. Not in front of the club. Mr. Khripunov doesn't need to be seen in public with you yet."

The car drives around to the rear of the club, where the driver parks it in a reserved space and gets out. Ivan exits at the same time, and takes out a pack of cigarettes from his jacket pocket. He offers one to the driver, who takes one silently with a nod of thanks.

When he's done lighting the cigarettes, Ivan hefts his bag to his shoulder and turns to walk around to the front of the club.

"See you in a week, my friend."

When he gets to the street on the front side of the club, he ignores the glares from the beautiful people as he walks past them, and heads down the block and into the heart of the Russian district.

He has no place in mind right away. He knows where Tatiana's haven is, though not where this club is in relationship to that. He only memorized the streets and street names right around the haven. So, for now, he'll simply stroll around the district and get a feel for the layout.

Once he finds where the haven is, he'll continue to wander the area. Get a feel for what normal traffic is, and make sure that nobody is following him.

Maybe an hour before sunrise, he'll actually approach the haven and go inside.

[EDIT] - But first, he needs to feed. Best plan for now: find a drug dealer. Wait for someone to make a buy, then ambush the junky as he leaves (so the dealer doesn't see) and before the junky can actually use his drugs.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Feeding (Strength + Brawl) check: 1 success.

Ivan grabs the junky from behind just before the person pulls out a syringe. He almost manages to escape the vampire's strong grip, but Ivan places an arm around the chest, holding him tight to him. He then sinks his fangs into the junky's throat, and hot blood spurts out into his mouth. Because his heart is racing, the blood surges into Ivan's mouth and he is able to drink deeply.

The Junky has six health points, which means that Ivan can gain six points of vitae.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan takes three blood, then quickly closes the wound on the man's neck. He takes the syringe and injects it into the man's arm as he'd planned. With so much blood lost, a normal dose might kill him, so Ivan only injects half of it.

Then he looks around the alleyway, looking for something that would bring the authorities to help. Something he could make look like the junky himself had done it. (Back door with an alarm on it that he could kick in, window with an alarm on it he could break, working pay phone on which he could dial 911, etc.)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Perception (Wits + Larceny) roll: 1 success.

Ivan sees a door further down the alleyway, near a large dumpster filled with trash and old furniture. The door has a yellow, grimy sign on it, which states that it is alarmed.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan drags the junky over by the door, and leans him against the wall next to it. He then kicks the door in (or attempts to, at any rate). Once he hears the alarm going off, he'll get away quickly.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan kicks the door and immediately an alarm blasts into the night, strident and fierce as a clarion.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Health: [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Blood: 4

Ivan sprints through the alley to the next block, then slows down as he gets to the street again. He jogs across the street, looking like someone trying to quickly cross the street, then slows to a normal walking speed when he gets to the sidewalk on the other side.

Spend two blood on healing

Now spend some more time to stroll around the area and get acquainted. Keep an eye out for additional victims, though not necessarily the same junky tactic. It's less urgent now, so just anybody who seems away from protection. If nobody jumps out at him as being an easy target, no worries. Head back to where the haven is, and scope out that area.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan allows vitae to seep into his wounds, reinvigorating dead flesh and skin. The injuries he sustained whilst fighting the stranger in the Opera House were healed within minutes, without a sign that there had been any damage - not even a scar.

Two vitae expended removes four points of bashing injuries.

As he walks back to his haven he scans for victims, in much the same way as he did when he was a soldier, hunting for the enemy.

Hunting (Wits + Streetwise) roll: 2 successes.

As he crosses a street he sees a man walk down an alleyway between a clothing store and a bar, head down and shoulders hunched, sobbing. No one is around the entrance of the narrow corridor, and it is almost completely obscured in darkness. At the far end is a barbed-wire fence with several crates piled up against it. A pale yellow light illuminates the fence, and Ivan sees several rats rummaging through paper.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Post by Tatiana Ivanova »

As the Mazda cruises down the streets, heading to the haven, Tatiana mutters a few brief curses as the manual transmission keeps her hand occupied, rather than reaching out to Khalida. Stopped at a red light, she briefly takes the young woman's hand in her own, thumb soothingly rubbing circles on the back of the hand. "Before we arrive, I feel I should warn you. My Sire is also Ivan's Sire. We have been instructed to work together, thus we share a haven. I am in charge, but his areas of expertise are far from my own. I do intend to have words with him over his impulse control. Were you not Kindred, I would be far more irate." At this she lifts the hand to her lips to briefly kiss it, a smile spreading across her face as she looks up through her lashes at Khalida. "But a simple bullet wound is really trivial for our kind." As the light turns, of necessity she releases her childe's hand.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

The words from her own Sire soothing the young Saudi, as her hand is gently rubbed Khalida finds her apprehension melting away. But then the words Tatiana is saying sets off alarms. "Your friend that shot me...he lives with you? Where are we going? Will he be there?" Tatiana's kiss calms her again, as the smile is shot in her direction.

"I...fed...earlier this evening, so should be able to do what is needed to heal with some blood, if that is what it takes. If your friend is going to be wherever we are going, I would much rather be at full strength when I see him again. Is this healing difficult? Or time consuming? Can I attempt it here in the car on the way to wherever we are going?"
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Post by Tatiana Ivanova »

"He will probably be arriving later, not too long after us. For the healing...simply picture it, concentrate on it....In your mind's eye, SEE the flesh knitting together, filling in. Focus upon the image, will it to be so." A sidelong, smoky look accompanies the next statement, "Do not doubt the effectiveness of willing your desires into being" with a slow, seductive smile.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Health: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Blood: 2
Loremaster wrote:As he crosses a street he sees a man walk down an alleyway between a clothing store and a bar, head down and shoulders hunched, sobbing. No one is around the entrance of the narrow corridor, and it is almost completely obscured in darkness. At the far end is a barbed-wire fence with several crates piled up against it. A pale yellow light illuminates the fence, and Ivan sees several rats rummaging through paper.
Ivan scans the street, to be sure nobody sees him. Then, he follows the man into the alleyway.

... Why is this man crying? Men don't cry...

Suspecting a trap, but chiding himself for being so paranoid, Ivan moves quickly and quietly up behind the man. As he gets closer, he scans the ground for a place clean of puddles or other stain-causing material. He shucks his bag off his shoulder and tosses it in the clean-ish spot, so he can grapple with the man unencumbered.

He leaps upon the man from behind, hoping to sink his teeth in and incapacitate him with the Kiss before he can struggle much.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

The street lamps casting a mild strobe like effect within the coupe as the car continues to wend its way through the city, Khalida hikes her skirt up slightly and looks upon the wound in her thigh, searing it to memory. Again leaning her head back against the headrest, her eyes close while the image of the wound remains within her visualization. Concentrating fiercely, she pictures the flesh and blood crisscrossing, then solidifying and filling in the wound, the slug slowly being pushed back towards the surface.

Within minutes, an almost imperceptible thunk causes Khalida to open her eyes and look at the floor mat under her feet. There, flashing in the street lamp strobe, a grisly bullet rocked gently against her foot. Once again lifting her skirt slightly, the young Saudi's breath caught at the smooth, waxed sheen of her unmarred thigh. Letting her skirt fall, she turns a radiant smile upon her Sire, willing her own desires into making her even more appealing to Tatiana.

One vitae to heal the gunshot wound. Unintended Entrancement activated upon Tatiana.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan Karpenku wrote:Health: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Blood: 2
Loremaster wrote:As he crosses a street he sees a man walk down an alleyway between a clothing store and a bar, head down and shoulders hunched, sobbing. No one is around the entrance of the narrow corridor, and it is almost completely obscured in darkness. At the far end is a barbed-wire fence with several crates piled up against it. A pale yellow light illuminates the fence, and Ivan sees several rats rummaging through paper.
Ivan scans the street, to be sure nobody sees him. Then, he follows the man into the alleyway.

... Why is this man crying? Men don't cry...

Suspecting a trap, but chiding himself for being so paranoid, Ivan moves quickly and quietly up behind the man. As he gets closer, he scans the ground for a place clean of puddles or other stain-causing material. He shucks his bag off his shoulder and tosses it in the clean-ish spot, so he can grapple with the man unencumbered.

He leaps upon the man from behind, hoping to sink his teeth in and incapacitate him with the Kiss before he can struggle much.
Feeding (Strength + Subterfuge -1 [untrained] +1 [cover of darkness]) roll: 0 successes.

Ivan lunges at the man as soon as he steps aside and turns around. Even in the dark, he can see his prey's eyes wide with shock or terror.

"What the fuck?!" he says in an hysterical voice. "Help!"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Khalida Mufarrij wrote:One vitae to heal the gunshot wound. Unintended Entrancement activated upon Tatiana.
Khalida heals all of her wounds.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

... Shit! I'm blown...

Changing tactics, Ivan falls back on his hand to hand training, and tries to put the man in a face-down pin on the ground.

Str (2) + Brawl (3) + Kung Fu specialization (+1)

No dots in the Kung Fu fighting style, so no special moves

In badly accented English, he stage-whispers, "Keep silent if you wish to stay alive."

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”