Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Please!" he sobs. "Don't let him shoot me. Please please please please . . . "
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Post by Tatiana Ivanova »

Tatiana pauses, making sure her Discipline is thoroughly affecting this man's mind.....

"Well, we just need to know why you're here....who you are....and there'll be no gratuitous violence. Just cooperate...."
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

"Shhhh," Khalida whispers. "Calm yourself and answer the pretty blond lady's questions," said as she follows her Sire's example and also activates Awe in the hopes of getting some answers.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Discipline (-1 Vitae) (Manipulation + Persuasion + Discipline +1): 4 successes.

Subject's Composure roll: 2 successes.

Reginald Reginald turns his body around in Khalida's embrace and looks at each of them, dank sweat and grime covering his face. He takes a few seconds to compose himself, and then looks at Tatiana, as though she is the centre of his world.

"I'm an accountant. Just an accountant. I work up the road, in a medical supplies warehouse. All I do is make sure the numbers look right for management - balance the ledger, that sort of thing.

"Anyway, I went out for a drink tonight with my ex . . . with my girlfriend. She - she tells me she's keen on involving someone else in the relationship. My boss. I say 'no', and she says it's too late, because she loves the two of us. I make an ultimatum, and she ends the relationship. I came here looking for my boss, but he's not in his apartment or the bar.

"That's it."

He casts a desperate glance at Tatiana, and when Khalida uses her power he smiles sadly at her.
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

Your boss? Who would that be, exactly?" she asks in less-hostile tones.

"where do you work at? And who is this girlfriend...or rather, ex-girlfriend?" with the barest hint of sympathy in her tone at that last sentence.
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

"Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light," Khalida says quietly, almost to herself. Looking towards her sire for any hint on how they should proceed, she continues to make comforting sounding noises at Reginald to distract him, while silently re-sheathing her boot knife. "Ménage à trois can be fun and liberating, you may wish to consider it," she whispers to him. At his shocked expression in response, she grins wickedly, then shrugs. "Your girlfriend may regret what she said in the light of day.

"In any case, coming here to confront your boss while you are in such a state was unwise. Instead, you should forget all this," with a glance towards Ivan, thinking his need to feed is what instigated the current situation. "At least until tomorrow when you can talk to your girlfriend in a more reasonable manner. We can help you rest deeply tonight, if you will trust us. The man here with the guns who you initially met must have felt your distress and meant to distract you from it. Obviously, he went about it all wrong," with a feral grin tossed at Ivan. "But let him come closer without panicking, and you will see he can help you to forget. In the meantime, continue to tell us about yourself by answering the questions asked."

Continue to apply Awe, trying to convince Reginald to allow Ivan to at least feed and answer Tatiana's questions, if not more depending on what Tatiana and Ivan decide must be done with him.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Your boss... he is Russian too? Tell me more about him."

Speaking lower, and in Russian: "Tatiana. There are, of course, many Russians in this district. But hearing of a devoted woman who suddenly expresses love for another man, a Russian man, and such love that she would leave her accountant lover for him. To me, that smells of Majesty. I've cuckolded enough men to know... the women no longer love them when they start to wander. None of them have ever invited me back to visit the husband when we were done. Except to start a fight, I guess. Anyway, this seems unnatural."
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

in Russian: I agree. Something is definitely going on here. However, we need to worry if we are verging on irritating one of the elders. Should we need to remove the boss, this one should be useful. Wither his mind with Majesty, Blood Bond him, and have him kill the boss. Should he be a risk of exposing us, make the girl leave him, and have him suicide so our tracks are covered.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"If the girl loves the boss, chances are he's Kindred. And I think the girl's already left this one. Or he left her."

"Is your honey pot ready to manage this asset? In this town, a blonde Russian woman and a gun-toting Russian man would stand out very well. If one or both of us are involved as his handlers, and he's compromised... they'll have no problems identifying us. But your new toy is an unknown to almost everybody here."

Ivan turns to the cowering man. "I'm sorry. You were saying, about your Russian boss?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Let me stand, and then I'll talk; I'm in pain lying on the wet concrete."
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Catching the eye of her sire, the young Saudi drops her embrace of Reginald's shoulders while rising. She leaves her boot knife sheathed, and stands back to give him room to get up, ready to offer a hand in support, should he need it after the beating he took from Ivan.
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

He slowly climbs to his feet, sighing in pain as he straightens. With one hand he wipes dirt and grime from his face, smearing blood across a cheek. Adjusting his clothes, he looks at each of the vampires. He steps closer to Khalida, seeking the person who defended him.

"As I said," he says tiredly, "I work for a medical supplier - J.T and Sons. My boss is not really the best person to work for - abuse and won't push for a pay rise for anyone. But it's a job, and work is hard to find these days. At the Christmas party he meets my girlfr- my ex, and hits on her. I think from that night on he started screwing her. Now that I look back on it, it kinda sheds new light on his comments; asking after her, et cetera.

"His name's . . . uh . . . why are you interested in my boss? You know him?"
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

A careless shrug, and "The Russian emigre community is rather...clique-ish, is your term. Muscovites don't like Tartars, and the Great Russians think they are superior, the Baltics hate all ethnic Russians, and the White Russians hate anyone who was communist. And everyone still resents Georgians for giving us Stalin."
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Smiling gently, Khalida reinforces her sire's questioning. "Whether we do or not know him does not matter," she encouraged the accountant. "What does matter is you releasing all of your pent up sadness and frustration. Trust us and let us help you work it out by answering our questions."
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

For a moment Reginald looks confused after Tatiana finishes speaking. Then the light of comprehension enters his eyes. "My boss isn't Russian or Musovite or whatever, if you're interested. He's Greek, as far as I know. Terry Konostopoulus, or 'Red Ted' as he's known to his friends and enemies."
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"Red Ted? Why such a name? I recall the COMINTERN was very active in Greece, was he a communist?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Because he beats the shit out of people," Reginald laughed weakly.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"Red for blood, eh? But such a man must have some connections, some friends in noteworthy places, else someone would have arrested him for assault...." Tatiana continues in a gentle, warm, soothing tone.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"In this part of the city," he replied as he rubbed his palms into his eyes and down his face, "the police don't give a damn. Sure he has friends . . . . or used to. Some Russian drinking buddies . . . Andre and Svgeny Mikhailov, and some wealthy man. Forgot his name. But he owned some bars around town . . . . same places the police would come to get drunk and meet women."
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen

"You say he owned some bars? He no longer owns them? And what happened to his friends?"

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”