Fantasy Premier League

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

ussusimiel wrote:Seems to have been a poor weekend all round. My defenders garnered me the grand total of 1 point :?
I havent had a look yet but no doubt will do poorly defence and goalie poor were as my wifes team are doing quiet well with van Persie as captain . (Maggies Bears) :roll:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Woo hoo! 2nd in the league, I'd never have believed it.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Cleburne wrote:
ussusimiel wrote:Seems to have been a poor weekend all round. My defenders garnered me the grand total of 1 point :?
I havent had a look yet but no doubt will do poorly defence and goalie poor were as my wifes team are doing quiet well with van Persie as captain . (Maggies Bears) :roll:
yeah, mine's has van p as captain too!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Cle just nipped past me as I used an extra transfer to weed out some of the deadwood in my team. Come on Bale, earn your corn!
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

A decent week for a change! Too late, I suspect

stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

A, um, challenging group for Ireland in Euro 12.

*shrug* it'll be that much sweeter when we get through!

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Stonemaybe wrote:A, um, challenging group for Ireland in Euro 12.

*shrug* it'll be that much sweeter when we get through!
Yeah, not much of a chance against Spain. Italy aren't that good and they didn't do that well in the last World Cup. And Croatia are Croatia, they'll be tough to get a result against especially if we give them the ball.

A bit of a yoyo week for me in the Fantasy Football, I passed Cle out and Stevie G (he has Van Persie as his capt. :-x ) passed me out so I gained a place and stayed where I was. Doh!
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Stonemaybe wrote:A decent week for a change! Too late, I suspect
A long way to go yet Stone ;)

Ireland draw is cool , a good challenge what we need is our forwards to step up to the mark and find the net which is our biggest problem .
I have few close spanish friends so it will be good banter when we play them next year :biggrin:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

I hope Trapattoni plays Walters more. He's a strong front man and he gives us a much better structure when he's playing, even more than Doyle. He doesn't expend as much energy tracking back though and I know that the Trap doesn't go for that :?

Walters is also very steady in my Fantasy team, a striker masquerading as a midfielder, unlike Rooney, who's now a striker playing as a midfielder!
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Rooney did alright today! But so did my team who played - best day in a long time :D

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

I had a strange Fantasy Football weekend. Most of the players I've recently drafted in did well: Adebayor, Jose Enrique, Klasnic(sub) but because my captain, Silva, didn't score highly my usually good score of 47 didn't even beat the average (a huge 50) 8O I make good decisions and go down in the league :rant:

As for how I did in relation to other Watchers, I am far to refined to use such language. ****!!!!!xxxxxxxXXXXX%%%%&&&&&&££$$$$$
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I beat my previous highest weekly score by 8 points :D .

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Way hey! Back on top of the 2nd division again. I must have a really defensive team 'cos I only seem to do well when there's not so many goals scored.

It could be a four-way race for second place with the Britney Spears fan making big gains this week.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Oi! Uss's bloody Mush - what's the big idea knocking me off 2nd place with bloody Silva scoring as captain?? Eh? You should have more respect! :P

I have no cash for transfers, and half my team is injured - what is a boy to do?
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Live with it- you're doing alright!

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

StevieG wrote:Oi! Uss's bloody Mush - what's the big idea knocking me off 2nd place with bloody Silva scoring as captain?? Eh? You should have more respect! :P
It was no less than I deserved :biggrin: But you're back now, I hope you're happy :-x

I didn't do anything with my team over the Xmas. 4 games in 12 days was a bit too much like work 8O , so I just wound them up and let 'em go. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would, seems like most people did the same.
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

ussusimiel wrote:
StevieG wrote:Oi! Uss's bloody Mush - what's the big idea knocking me off 2nd place with bloody Silva scoring as captain?? Eh? You should have more respect! :P
It was no less than I deserved :biggrin: But you're back now, I hope you're happy :-x

I didn't do anything with my team over the Xmas. 4 games in 12 days was a bit too much like work 8O , so I just wound them up and let 'em go. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would, seems like most people did the same.
O
I ;lost touch over the xmas looked today i havent had a goalie for the last 3 weeks lol time to make a comeback , but cant really afford any upgrades inmy team unless i sell ronney :?:
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

OOOOOOOhhhh! It's gonna be close! Watch out Stevie G I'm right back on your tail :twisted:
Cleburne wrote:but cant really afford any upgrades inmy team unless i sell ronney
Don't forget your wild card, it's valid until 4th Feb, I think.

[Update 22 Jan]

Me and my big mouth! I got the grand total of 3 points yesterday from seven player who all played full games. 3 points *%!&!**!!&% :-x

Walters missed a penalty and my two Newcastle defenders leaked 5 goals (and one got a yellow card). My best player on the day was Sturridge and all he did was turn up and not foul anyone :crazy: .

The race is over unless Silva, Aguero and Bale come in with big scores :cry:
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I have Walter too. It's gonna be a close one for 2nd, but I think 1st is all stitched up!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

I was saved from a total embarrassment by Silva and Bale but then Van Persie went and ruined it all by scoring (I have Evra and Stevie G has Van P as captain) and to make it even worse Man U won anyway :-x

Return to “Sports”