Fantasy Premier League

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cleburne
Bloodguard

Fantasy Premier League

Post by Cleburne »

Its that time of the year again and the start of the new premiership season is just around the corner and fantasy leagues are open to test your knowledge of premiership footie.
I have a Kevinswatch league set up for any one interested in joining , we had 4 last year as I left it late to promote but this year I,m hoping for a few more .
This is the link to the web site Fantasy Premier league fantasy.premierleague.com/
Have a look around and get a team created and join up our league, when you enter a team you also can get into head to head leagues , its agood website and very well run (more fun than Yahoo) , so give it ago :biggrin:
Link to Kevinswatch league 298726-72978.And its free aswell .
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I'd be interested in joining the Kevinswatch league. I'm not sure what to do and my knowledge is a bit limited - um, how does it work?
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

StevieG wrote:I'd be interested in joining the Kevinswatch league. I'm not sure what to do and my knowledge is a bit limited - um, how does it work?
Cool Stevie G ,
Squad selection
A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Squads must consist of:

2 Goalkeepers
5 Defenders
5 Midfielders
3 Forwards
You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed £100 million.
Thats the general rules youll have to tinker about with your team selection to keep under the £100 million but u have till the 15th of August to fine tune it , sometims if you pick the best valued players you end picking up some lower valued players to keep under the requred amount. :biggrin:
If you need more details let me know .
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Hopefully I'll be in this year, Cleburne, but I don't come in here too often so you might have to PM me at the start of August to give me a kick up the arse.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Stonemaybe wrote:Hopefully I'll be in this year, Cleburne, but I don't come in here too often so you might have to PM me at the start of August to give me a kick up the arse.
ok Stone it be great to have you in and Ill do that or email you ;) You can create your team now but hey no pressure :biggrin:
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Too lazy to do it right now, but I'm in.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Could have just put this in the sticky fantasy football.

I probably will join if i can remember my login(might as well just make new one) but i won't until more transfers have been done. Want to see who Chelsea n Man U bring in...
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Queeaqueg wrote:Could have just put this in the sticky fantasy football.

I probably will join if i can remember my login(might as well just make new one) but i won't until more transfers have been done. Want to see who Chelsea n Man U bring in...
Ok Queeaqueg sounds wise but it be grand to have yourself and Warmark on board :biggrin:

I gave it a seperate thread so it would be seen.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Ok, I'm in the Kevinswatch league now - Andelain FC :) hmmm, better go do some homework - find out about some of these players!
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

StevieG wrote:Ok, I'm in the Kevinswatch league now - Andelain FC :) hmmm, better go do some homework - find out about some of these players!
Welcome aboard StevieG :biggrin: there is information on each club and their players it will also tell you if a player is injured or suspended. Look around the website.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Stonemighty have joined the Kevinswatch league!

:lol: I was picking the team, not paying any attention to money, and I got everyone I wanted with 2.5million spare.

Then I realised I hadn't picked any goalkeepers! oops!

Thought this might be handy to have on page one of thread.....

For playing in a game 1
For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders 6
For each goal scored by your midfielders 5
For each goal scored by your forwards 4
For each goal assist 3
For your goalkeeper / defender conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your midfielder conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
For every 3 shot saves made by your goalkeeper 1
For every penalty save 5
For every penalty miss -2
Bonus points for the best players in a match 1-3
For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
For every yellow card -1
For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Ummm think I have joined and joined the league though I am unsure because of my crap internet and the site not loading properly.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Current teams in kevinswatch....

Stonemighty
Cleburne Rovers
Warriors F.C.
Andelain FC
Carwash Crusaders
Queeaqueg

any of those look familiar?

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

OK I've picked a team (mostly through ignorance...) - so you can change it up until the deadline, and then you need to stick with it until transfers in Jan, right?

And the deadline is the 15th?
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

That Queeaqueg fellow looks familiar :P

Yea you can change your team up to 15th, I am changing my team if new players come in. Its annoying that I can't select Alberto Aquilanin yet.

My Team

Given - Manchester City
Johnson - Liverpool
Upson - West Ham
Hangeland - Fulham
Clichy - Arsenal
Young - Aston Villa
Fabregas(Captain) - Arsenal
Mascherano - Liverpool
Essien - Chelsea
van Persie - Arsenal
Agbonlahor - Aston Villa

Subs -
Forster - Manchester United
De Jong - Manchester City
Di Santo - Blackburn
Taylor - Birmingham
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Thats a strong team you have there Q ;)
Good to see more participants this year and Stone thanks for posting the scoring breakdown.
Anyone else you think be interested :?:
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Excuse double post but I created a kevinswatch Head to head league today if you are interested in that , you dont have much to do apart from sign in the following code 298726-242596 .
In a head to head league you play a game each gameweek against another team in the league. Your score versus your opponent's score. 3 points for a win and 1 points for a draw.
its more interesting and more fun , give it a try.

Stevie G you can transfer a maximum of 1 player every week if example 1 of your players gets injured or you notice a better player so there is always something to keep and eye on every week.
If you transfer more than 1 player a week you lose 4pts for each player. :biggrin:
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I want to put Alberto Aquilani in my team but he is too much for a player unproven in the Premiership but I also wanted Torres but I couldn't afford a keeper when I brought him.
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

I know the feeling I spent a good few quid on getting terry and Lampard and had buy some rubbish at the end.

My Team at present :biggrin:
Reina Liverpool
Carragher Liverpool
Terry Chelsea
O,shea Man utd ?
Lampard (C)
Ireland Man city
Cahill Everton
Fletcher Man UTD
Cole West Ham
Davies Bolton

Subs
Jasskelainen Bolton
Kilbane Hull
Diao Stoke
Diouf Blackburn
But still open to change
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Your team(apart from strikers) looks better than mine though I have an advantage because team contains 11 players while yours only has 10...

Return to “Sports”