Vampire: The Requiem - Layson Street (Papillon)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Jonathan Belmont »

Turning to one of the security guards, Jonathan gestured up at the cable. "Looks like that might be your problem. Once it's fixed you should have light and sound back in no time. I'll let Eric know."

Walking back inside, he noticed his friend standing by the bar giving orders to his staff. He still looked flush with power, as if the crisis only intensified his rush.

"I think I've found the problem, and it wasn't what I thought it might be", he announced casually as he approached the bar. "There's a cable outside that looks like it over-heated."
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Eric breathes a sigh of relief. "I could have sworn someone hacked into the network here. Oh well, nothing to worry about. Still, the music is not on."

People were filing out of the club, disappointment on their faces. The red light was focused on the group milling out, and when almost everyone had left, it drifted across the dance floor.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

As he watched the cone of blood-red light settle on the dance floor, Jonathan grabbed Eric's arm and gently pulled him just far enough away from the bar to avoid being overheard.

"Maybe they did. Just not in the way either of us first thought."

"What do you mean?"

Jonathan turned to face Eric. "You told me that you're a sceptic. That I don't seem natural. Does that scare you?"

Eric looked puzzled. "No. Not at all. You're you, Johnny. No matter what else happens, you're still you."

"What if I told you that you were right - that I'm not natural. What then?"

"You're not what? What do you mean?"

Jonathan didn't answer straight away, seemingly lost in thought. "No matter what else happens?" he murmured. "No matter what else I become?"

"Johnny, stop it! You're starting to scare me."

Snapping out of his revere, Jonathan replied, "Good. You should be scared. These are scary nights we live in." Carrying on before Eric could ask any more questions, he continued, "Just remember what I said. Forget about Bachman, for now at least. When we have some more time I'll explain just why I'm not natural. Ok?" Eric nodded.

Jonathan smiled. "Good", he repeated, both to himself and his friend. "And in the meantime, I'm going to see if I can't get some answers. It may just be the stupidest thing I've ever done. Wish me luck!"

Before Eric could respond, Jonathan walked out on to the dance floor and into the cone of red light.
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Loremaster wrote:The door flies open and Maddoc and James step out into a very narrow and tall alley. Trash and excrement cover almost all of the surface, and piles of wooden crates lean precariously against graffiti-covered walls and windows. The stench of urine and vomit is strong here. Ahead, a door is open and a female is down on her knees making a nodding motion. Maddoc can see that she is facing a man standing with his arms against the door frame, head back and moaning.
Maddoc hurtles out the door, casting a furtive glance behind to see if the two bouncers are still in pursuit, then starts running for the end of the alley, leap-frogging the woman on her knees.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James, lacking the class and foresight of Maddoc, bowled straight through the woman his colleague had just leap frogged. He continued running at speed, leaving a stream of curses and yells behind him.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan Belmont wrote:Before Eric could respond, Jonathan walked out on to the dance floor and into the cone of red light.
The red beam of light washed over Jonathan, casting his skin and clothes in a crimson glow. The light felt electric, and there was a slight smell of ozone. It pulsed briefly, and he felt a shudder pass through his body. Then, a moment later it swept away, across the dance floor and to the door to Eric's office. It illuminated that area for a minute, and then turned off. A second later the music and lights returned, and there was a palpable sigh of relief from those who remained in the club.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

James Randel wrote:James, lacking the class and foresight of Maddoc, bowled straight through the woman his colleague had just leap frogged. He continued running at speed, leaving a stream of curses and yells behind him.
The female is knocked over, and she releases a storm of curses at Maddoc and James. The man standing near her, zips up his trousers and likewise curses.

They hear movement behind them - figures running out of the rear exit into the foul, constricted alley.

"Get them!" Someone roars.

Chase Sequence(15 successes required to escape or catch the pair):
Maddoc (Dexterity + Athletics -1 [untrained]): 2 successes.
James (Dexterity + Athletics -1 [untrained]): 1 success.

Bouncers (Dexterity + Athletics): 3 successes.

Racing down the alley, running past piles of trash and empty syringes, Maddoc and James reach a T-junction. To the left, the alley leads to an open door. To the right, a lengthy lane filled with trash.

The bouncers sprint along the alley, gaining ground.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Loremaster wrote:The red beam of light washed over Jonathan, casting his skin and clothes in a crimson glow. The light felt electric, and there was a slight smell of ozone. It pulsed briefly, and he felt a shudder pass through his body. Then, a moment later it swept away, across the dance floor and to the door to Eric's office. It illuminated that area for a minute, and then turned off. A second later the music and lights returned, and there was a palpable sigh of relief from those who remained in the club.
His gaze resting on the door where the red cone of light had vanished, Jonathan gave Eric a sideways look and then darted into the office, his friend hot on his heels. As they entered the small room Jonathan looked around almost frantically, but there was nothing out of place.

"I hate to say this man, but I don't think that had anything to do with the cable outside."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Eric's full lips were pale, and his eyes were wide open. He sat down on the desk chair and scratched his head. "What the hell? I mean, what the fuck happened if it wasn't the cable?"
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"You want the for-real answer? I don't have a fucking clue, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the Bachman family like their privacy. A lot."

"You think someone did this just to maintain their family's privacy? That's fucked up!"

"I dunno. Depends on how many skeletons they've got in the closet. And how big they are."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"You know of the Bachman family? Is that what this about, Johnny?" Eric leaned forward, placing both of his hands on the table. "You owe me. Tell me about the Bachmans."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Owe you? I've already given you more than I can afford. You just don't know it yet."

Jonathan sat on the edge of the desk and drummed his fingers on the dark wood. "But if you must know, James Bachman's father is the CEO of a company that is of interest to some friends of mine. A very secretive company. I thought I'd gotten lucky when I found out about James and his less than stellar grades. I figured him for a spoiled rich kid who partied hard with daddy's money, and judging from what we found out before someone turned off the power, I wasn't far wrong. The problem now is that he's pretty much a useless lead - he'll be watched, even closer that he's being watched now. So I'll just have to find another way in."

"That enough for you?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Sorry, Johnny," Eric said with a sad smile. "This - this attack on the server has me spooked, in addition to the power going out. Plus, I don't know what happened between us - the blood and with me feeling different. I've been with heaps of guys, just none so damn great as you. Stay over my place tonight - I'll kick my house mate out."
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Loremaster wrote:Racing down the alley, running past piles of trash and empty syringes, Maddoc and James reach a T-junction. To the left, the alley leads to an open door. To the right, a lengthy lane filled with trash.

The bouncers sprint along the alley, gaining ground.
"Luck, Jimmy!" Maddoc calls, veering to the right and throwing himself into the trash-filled lane.

He leaps, dodges, ducks - a lifetime spent in back alleys just like this one colouring his actions as he sprints along the lane, scanning the way ahead.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Sorry babe, but no can do" Johnny laughed. "If I'm not home in time, my car turns into a pumpkin."

"So it was all just a game then?" Eric sighed, looking despondent.

Jonathan leaned over the desk, grabbed the front of Eric's shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. "Of course it was. Everything's a game, you should know that. Doesn't mean it's not important."

He chuckled gently at Eric's look of confusion and continued. "Let's just say that the blood you drank means that I have to be home before it gets light."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Chase Sequence(15 successes required to escape or catch the pair):
Maddoc (Dexterity + Athletics -1 [untrained]): 1 success (3 total).
James (Dexterity + Athletics -1 [untrained]): 0 successes (1 total).

Bouncers (Dexterity + Athletics): 0 successes (3 total).

Maddoc leads the way, sprinting down the alley - a flash of bright colour, with James starting to lag behind. The bouncers had moved too quickly upon exiting the club, and so were unable to turn around the corner sharply. They were forced to slow down, allowing the pair to make headway.

Ahead, the alley connected to Layson Street.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan Belmont wrote:"Sorry babe, but no can do" Johnny laughed. "If I'm not home in time, my car turns into a pumpkin."

"So it was all just a game then?" Eric sighed, looking despondent.

Jonathan leaned over the desk, grabbed the front of Eric's shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. "Of course it was. Everything's a game, you should know that. Doesn't mean it's not important."

He chuckled gently at Eric's look of confusion and continued. "Let's just say that the blood you drank means that I have to be home before it gets light."
Eric winked and sat back. "You come back here, okay? Free entry and drinks. Maybe we can talk about this blood thing."

He stood up, and for a moment looked away into space as though considering something. "Before the system went down, I saw something about that kid. Only saw it for a second, so I'm not sure how accurate the information is. But his activities at night are being covered up - someone's deleting data, or wanting to. Something about meeting some chick outside the campus. Lisa, her name is."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Thanks man. I'll make sure to check it out." Jonathan turned towards the door. "I'll see you soon", he called over his shoulder as he disappeared into the club.

Out on the street, Jonathan made his way towards the taxi stand, dodging through a maze of prostitutes, pimps, and drug-peddlars. He checked his watch and noted it was well after midnight.

This is really the only place open at this time, and I've got what I came here for. Might as well head home.
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Reaching the end of the alley, Maddoc turns sharply back onto Layton Street, heading away from the front entrance of the Review.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Seeing his brightly lit friend slowly making distance between them, James cursed at his bad luck and pushed his body hard to make ground between himself and the doormen.

But deep in the back of his mind, part of him was sick of running...

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”