Vampire: The Requiem - Layson Street (Papillon)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Calming (Presence + Expression) roll: 4 successes.

The female - high heels and fake breasts - relaxed immediately. However, she could not take her eyes off the blood on the woman's arms and the floor. "W-why is she bleeding? Why won't someone help her? I'll get help."

Rupert laughed and kicked the victim towards Maddoc again. "Oh, come now everyone. It's just a juicebag." He said the last term with a sneer in his expression and one of the vampires laughed. "Maddoc, you keen to play my game?"
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

An unstrung puppet, the unconscious woman does not react as the archaically dressed vampire kicks her. The force of the blow propels her into Maddoc’s shin, and still she shows no reaction. But Maddoc does.

He squats, lifting the woman’s head with one hand, like a chalise. He brushes the hair from her face, revealing features swollen and slack. Her skin is very pale beneath the layers of make-up. If there is concern in Maddoc’s stare, it vanishes instantly as his hunger drives him to examine her injured forearm.

The flow of blood at her wrist had all but stopped while the predators around her conversed. But the violence of Rupert’s kick has re-opened the wound, and a smear of blood now lies across the floor, like the tail of a crimson comet. Maddoc sees it, and an unhinged smile lights his face.

“You like games?’ he asks with a wink. “Me too.”

His tongue flashes across the woman’s wound, sending a shudder through Maddoc’s frame. Then he lowers her to the floor and, kneeling as if in prayer, he begins to lap up the trail of blood from the sticky nightclub floor.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James grew oblivious to his surroundings. He was floored by the power he had over mortals, first the waitress and now this girl here. He had always had a gift with people, but now that he was a kindred it seemed so easy. He felt like a puppet master, pulling on the strings of emotion.

In a daze, he turned his head, as if in a slow motion push through a tide. He looked upon the laughing kindred, drunk with power and self importance. Arrogant and lowly, they looked poorly upon the mortal world. But James saw them, saw himself, for what they really were. Parasites upon civilisation.

Yet they were right. He was a wanted man, his head would be the ultimate prize to the prince and he would never be able to rise to power amongst the kindred. Turning back to the woman he saw another way. Amongst her kind there would be salvation. Why settle for being the wolf amongst the flock, constantly hunted, when one could be the wolf leading it...

Awash with this growing sense of awareness and direction, James turned and looked upon the event unfolding in front of him, with truly open eyes.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The stripper stands still and watches Maddoc, at first curiously and then with a look of rapid growing horror and revulsion. Her face becomes whiter than the skin of the Kindred in the club, and she faints. Two men near her get up off the stools and stoop to pick her up, but when they see Maddoc they swear aloud. Suddenly, a third of the club becomes silent as everyone turns to look at activity, shock or a strange curiosity on their faces.

Rupert steps back with fury in his gaze, and he turns to his companions as if for advice. None is forthcoming. "This vampire belongs in Riverview Asylum," he says. "Henrietta will see to that. Get the bouncers here, now and show this madman what we do to those that have no manners."

A vampire - a hairy-looking man with a cigar in his mouth and wearing expensive clothes - walks off towards the entrance.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James quickly stepped forward.

"Hey guys, that's completely unnecessary. Let me take care of him, I'll get him out of your hair, alright?" He bent down to pick Maddoc up off the floor.
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Maddoc snuffles at the blood like a pig, smearing vermilion across his cheeks, forehead and nose in his eagerness. With surprising speed, he follows the trail back to it's point of origin near Rupert's feet.
There are droplets of ruby on Rupert's shoes and the cuffs of his pants; no doubt they fell there during the vampire's assault on the girl. Maddoc pauses, flashing white teeth smeared with blood, then makes to grab at the Invictus heavyweight's shoes, as if he intends to lave them clean with his tongue.
Loremaster wrote:Rupert steps back with fury in his gaze, and he turns to his companions as if for advice. None is forthcoming. "This vampire belongs in Riverview Asylum," he says. "Henrietta will see to that. Get the bouncers here, now and show this madman what we do to those that have no manners."

James Randell wrote:"Hey guys, that's completely unnecessary. Let me take care of him, I'll get him out of your hair, alright?" He bent down to pick Maddoc up off the floor.
Maddoc rises compliantly in Jimmy's arms, his smile huge now, cracked laughter bubbling away at the back of his throat. He still holds his jacket in one hand, but his shirt and pants are stained from his crawl across the floor, a mixture of filth and blood.

He raises one arm and points at Rupert. "Don't you wanna play, my Lord?" he sneers through laughter he is no longer able to contain. "I thought you liked games?"

A circle of space has opened up around Maddoc and Jimmy as people distance themselves from the scene. Some stare openly at Maddoc with revulsion or fear or anger, but most duck and dodge to avoid his gaze as he looks about the room, arms thrown wide.

"Who else wants to play? Huh?" he yells, "Can't you all see? It's just a game!"

There is no response except awkward silence, and Maddoc backs away, the pressure of so much attention finally breaking through his mania. He staggers, reaching out a steadying hand to Randell. "Jimmy," he says, his voice suddenly small and frightened, "time to go. Rear exit, I think."
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

Nodding, James looked around, taking in the situation.

"Yeah man, that's a good idea.."

James began making his way to the back of the bar, looking for a way out.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rupert watches Maddoc and James walk away through the bar, with a serious look on his face - an expression of anger and curiosity. He makes a motion with his right hand, pointing to the main entrance and his vampire friends immediately leave, although casting glances over their shoulders at the pair. Rupert then walks to the entrance, leaving a growing crowd around the unconscious female.

"Call an ambulance!" someone cries. Another: "And the police!"

Two bouncers then enter the club, sight James and Maddoc, and begin pushing their way through the crowd to follow them.
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Maddoc stumbles along in Jimmy's wake, pressing through the club in search of an exit.

Musty alcoves, private rooms and secluded booths are scattered throughout the club; spaces designed for private enjoyment of the experiences on offer at the Review. These semi-lit areas make a maze of the club to the uninitiated, and Maddoc balks numerous times, eyes wide, at doorways that lead through to small rooms and cul-de-sacs.

Frantic now, he spies a dimly glowing fire exit sign above a heavy, one-way security door. "There!" he says, indicating the door to Jimmy with a trembling hand.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Maddoc and James swiftly move down the hall, turning at corners and passing by sealed doors from which the muffled sounds of moans emanate. A pool of blood spreads from under one door, and they can hear laughter from within that room. Behind them, they hear heavy-footed running, and raised curses.

"Get outta the way, dick!" Shouts one.

"Fuckin' stop them weirdos!" Yells another.

Ahead of them they see a fire exit door.
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

Crashing into the door, Maddoc pushes at the quick release bar, fear lending strength to his arm.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The door flies open and Maddoc and James step out into a very narrow and tall alley. Trash and excrement cover almost all of the surface, and piles of wooden crates lean precariously against graffiti-covered walls and windows. The stench of urine and vomit is strong here. Ahead, a door is open and a female is down on her knees making a nodding motion. Maddoc can see that she is facing a man standing with his arms against the door frame, head back and moaning.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Jonathan Belmont »

Loremaster wrote:Awe Roll: 3 successes.

Eric succumbs to Jonathan, suddenly drawn to the young man's incredible presence and attractive looks. He grins and places his hands on Jonathan's chest, running them down to his abdomen and further. As though his will is melting into the vampire opposite him, Eric's eyes glaze over with lust and a hungry grin erupts on his face.

"The door's locked," Eric breathes. "I'm not."
Jonathan's answering smile was cold and predatory as he shrugged his jacket to the floor. "Oh Eric. It wouldn't matter if you were."

Roughly grabbing the thin fabric of Eric's shirt with one hand, Jonathan pulled him into a passionate kiss. Eric resisted for a moment, surprised by his old friend's ferocity, before surrendering himself to the moment. As he felt the body pressed up against his start to melt into him, Jonathan snaked his free hand into Eric's hair, where he grabbed a handful of white-tipped spikes and pulled his back, breaking the seal their lips had formed.

"You like that, don't you?"

Eric nodded, struggling to catch his breath. "Sure do", he replied with a nervous grin.

"Thought you might."

Keeping a tight hold on Eric's hair, Jonathan slowly moved his face towards his potential lover's until their lips were almost touching. As he stopped, Eric whimpered softly and stuck out his tongue to lick the young man's lips. Pulling them just out of reach, Jonathan laughed, a laugh as cold as his earlier smile had been, and suddenly pushed Eric backwards where he fell splay-legged on to the sofa.

"What the...?"

"Shut up!" barked Jonathan as he straddled Eric's thighs and started grinding against him. "This is hardly the time for talk."

Knotting both hands in the shirt this time, Jonathan tore it open, sending buttons flying as he took Eric's nipples in his fingers and squeezed them tightly. Eric gasped in pain, but rather that let go, Jonathan kept grinding his pelvis into the man beneath him, and as he did so he dragged his tongue against his fangs. Then, as he felt the blood slowly fill his mouth, he leaned forward for another kiss, forcing his tongue past Eric's lips.

Feed Eric one vitae and expend one willpower point to imbue him with Vigor and make him a Ghoul.
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rich, crimson vitae spills into Eric's mouth, like the warm ambrosia from some hungry god. It runs down the side of his mouth, but a tongue and hand movement later his chin and lips are clean. His body shakes with pleasure and he moans softly. Jonathan notices that Eric's dark, Negro skin takes on a deep bronze colour, becoming healthier and smoother. His veins surge with blood, becoming more prominent.

"Oh god," he breathes. "What the hell . . . what are you?"
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Questions, questions, questions", Jonathan chuckled as he stood up and picked up his jacket. "Let's just say that I'm a purveyor of pleasure."

"Pleasure?"

"That's right. The kind you won't find in a bottle, or a pill, or a pair of tight jeans."

"I'll say!" exclaimed Eric, his eyes wide and bright. "Purveyor of pleasure doesn't really tell me much though."

"No it doesn't, but it'll do for now. I'll come visit you again one night next week when I'm not so busy and explain it all in more detail."

Eric nodded, his gaze losing focus as he sat and felt the power of Jonathan's vampiric vitae flow through him. Jonathan sighed and shook his head. "And maybe I'll give you a top-up."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Eric looked away as he tried to button up his shirt. As the buttons had popped off, it was futile. So he got up off the couch and walked to his desk, scrubbing his spiky hair.

"About that kid you're interested in," he said softly. "I'll check the wireless network to see if his name has come up using it. You never know; he may have used the net while his friends danced the night away. Or he may not have."

Eric collapsed into the desk chair and winked at Jonathan. "This - I mean you. It doesn't seem natural. It's something in your blood. I'm a skeptic, but I feel so alive and indomitable. Fuck that banker's son; well, I'll tell him to leave me." He reached over and pulled the keyboard closer and started typing in commands. A minute or two later he raised his bleached eyebrows and leaned forward.

"He was here," he continued. "Three weeks ago. Surfed the net alright - trying to download an assignment. Naughty boy. That's odd. Someone named Grandfather sent him a message through the system and told him to stop. IP address is weird - came from White Road, The Union Towers."

Eric suddenly sat bolt upright, eyes wide and mouth dropping. "Shit! Someone just took the system down! My system!"

The music stopped outside.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

In the sudden silence Jonathan was instantly alert, listening intently for sounds of trouble.

What the fuck?! Was someone expecting that search, or is Identity Corp. just run by the most paranoid fuckers alive?

"You need to find another shirt to put on and go rally security!" he instructed Eric.

"Why? What's going on?"

"I'm not sure. Probably nothing, but better to be safe than sorry."

"Nothing? Nothing?! Someone just took the whole fucking system down! You call that nothing?"

"They could do a hell of a lot worse I'm sure, but I don't think they will. Just calm down and get ready to do some damage control. And forget about the Bachman kid - don't talk about him, don't Google him, don't check for drinks bought using a credit card in his name. Just pretend he doesn't exist. Then hopefully this'll all blow over." Slipping his jacket on, he made his way to the door. "And if you still have problems with your system tomorrow, I'll see if I can't get someone to help you fix them."

"And what are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna get the fuck outta here."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan stepped out of the office into the night club. People were walking about looking confused or angry. The disc jockey stood behind his equipment scratching his head, while the people on the dance floor were leaving for the bar or the exit. Most were at the bar.

There was no music playing, and the strobe lights were still and dark.

Suddenly, the lights shifted in unison and pointed at the door to Eric's office. A cone of red light lit up the area and then slid across the club as the lights swiveled slowly. Eventually the computers on the far side were illuminated. A moment later, they shut down.

The cone of light then slowly slid towards the exit.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Something was in there with us!

Acting on instinct, Jonathan ran out the door. In the street outside he ignored the security guards, and the long line of patrons who stood gaping at the now dark and silent club, and looked left and right, up and down the street, trying to catch some glimpse of whatever it was that had left Blitzkrieg mere moments before him.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Perception (Wits + Composure) roll: 1 success.

Outside people walked by laughing or crying. The street was lit up in neon reds, greens and blues. Cars sped by and now and then someone yelled at from a vehicle to a person in the crowds. A group of prostitutes take up position near Blitzkrieg, one of them admiring his good looks.

Jonathan notices intermittent blue flashes to his left and above. Looking up he sees one of the cables leading into the metal-clad club emitting sparks. The smell of ozone and hot plastic drifted in the air.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”