Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

All moved. We are now in Business!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

When can we create characters?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

im hoping to have it ready for character creation in the next few days
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

sweet.
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;
participants in the Power that remains.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I think most of have at least the broad strokes of character done. Now it's just a matter of tweeking that to match how much free stuff the GM gives us. (If any)

to help me when I go google baby names of some country, what language group will we be from? Am I a Liam, or a Lars?
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Most of my NPCs on the venture will have germanic names as the nearest nations to Svalsing are germanic. how the continent I have made has room for anything. If you wish to play a certain culture let me know and ill tell you which country suits best.

The way Im gonna open the game up to players to choose characters is with a recruitment post, from the expedition head, advertising for certain roles to be filled. I will then list appropriate career choices from the Warhammer book next to each. Of course you arent limited to these choices, but if you have a choice not on the list you will need to come up with a reason to explain why they would be on the expedition. Also, I will roll up peoples characters for them and alot equipment etc.

Im still not entirely sure what format Ill use to keep track of characters stats. Sadly GW doesnt provide editable PDF sheets like Vampire does.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Guess I kinda jumped the gun on that one haha.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Sadly GW doesnt provide editable PDF sheets like Vampire does.
www.mad-irishman.net/pub_wfrp.html
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Chur bro. Foxedit pro didnt like the layering on that one, but I found a nice sheet with a bit of searching. so all is well.

Ill dedicate all of sunday night to this game, so expect alot on monday morning.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

OK heres a question.

So as some of you know i have put a bit of work into background material related to teh Continent of Alinia, such as a timeline etc, more to explain why everyone speaks a certain language, and why such and such a religion is practised here but not there and so on and so forth. I figured this would mean you could all roleplay your characters a bit better as you would have an understanding on the world.

But I notice alot of you want this game to start as soon as possible. So how important is all this sort of information to you all? Would you like it all available before you put your characters together or have it all fille din as the game progresses. Just curious to hear your own takes on it all
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

have now entered a post describing the primary religions of Alinia.
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Post by Louis de la Forêt »

I'm of the opinion that a more detailed and nuanced backstory can really build a character, and honestly... I enjoy this part almost as much as I enjoy the actual role-playing in-game. So I'm just spiffy with letting you flush out stuff.

But really... it's your game... you're the one committing to the heavy work load of managing all this stuff. If you feel you need the backstory of the world, to help explain the actions of people in game... do what you gotta do.

(Since I knew at least what culture my name would be, I spun up a new ID for this game. This is goatkiller666.)
Raphaelus the Younger
Woodhelvennin

Post by Raphaelus the Younger »

Take your time bro. This character was created awhile ago, before the scene was properly set, so some background needs updating anyway. Check your P.Ms Dorian.

Stone Magnet
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I would be in favour of waiting for a little more information. For instance, I would need to know what kinds of drugs are common, which have medicinal purposes, and what the legal status of grave robbery is.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

you dont ask for much do ya mate :P

Im no expert on medicine, especially of back then, so i honestly cant really help you there, perhaps you would like to discuss it in pm or some such so we can work something out

as for grave robbery, as most cemeteries are considered sacred sites of Lunarion, then desecration of a grave is serious offence, depending on how much religion effects local law. Of course, as noone has been to Svalsing to investigate law for some time, then noone on the trip really knows how its perceived over there :P
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Actually scrape that, im reading a bunch of source material from the WFRP companion and that has a whole article on medicine. So I can filter that down to usable content.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote:Actually scrape that, im reading a bunch of source material from the WFRP companion and that has a whole article on medicine. So I can filter that down to usable content.
Opium is always a safe bet. I've written a fair bit on the opium trade, so I could work some ideas from that.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rubbish; you're an opium addict and cannot admit it. I've seen you at the Yellow Dragon den in Toowong several times.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

OK guys, I have posted up some info on languages as well as writing up the history of Alinia, in one of the place holders. Sorry for the length :P
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

If by "sorry" you mean "you're welcome", then my response is "Thank you."

Return to “Valley of Blood”