VoB - Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Post by Louis de la Forêt »

Dorian wrote:Then in that case wouldn't your mum be the sick one and not me? :P
Yeah, you'd think so, but after you gave her the clap that one time, she's been really good about using protection.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Nice to know that I'm teaching people lessons. It warms my heart to know I'm having a lasting effect on people in a non viral way for a change
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Yup. The viral effect didn't last, but the memory of it did.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Good to see the situation in the brothel is err...climaxing. Nice description of the drugs effects!
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Not bad for someone with no previous experience with drugs eh. none at all. not a shred of experience. never ever. *Cough* yeah....

I must admit, writing about the opium was hard, having never been exposed to it before. I spent alot of time searching stuff online to get an idea of what it looks like, smells like etc. Wont be surprised if all my searches attract some heat and the cops come knocking on my door.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote:Not
I must admit, writing about the opium was hard, having never been exposed to it before. I spent alot of time searching stuff online to get an idea of what it looks like, smells like etc. Wont be surprised if all my searches attract some heat and the cops come knocking on my door.
It worked. Never used it myself, though I've written a fair bit on the social/historical dimensiomns of it. De Quincy's Confessions of an English Opium Eateris also one of my three favourite books of all time. I'll probably have to write up an Opium nightmare for Ingmann just to get into the spirit of things.
Last edited by Montresor on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Okay, mad props to Stone Magnet for writing that in German. I'm glad I'm not so rusty that I couldn't understand it.

(Yes, I'm a geek for foreign languages. Very un-American of me, I know.)
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

^ Very cool, glad someone could make sense of my stilted grammar.

Cheers man. My flatmates a swiss kiwi who speaks Deutsche, so I've been slowly learning. Unfortunately he wasn't awake to proofread that one, but I just checked and apparently my grammar is passable. Theres a big nod to Derleth's famous mis-translation I'm sure Montresor picked up.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Lesson for today kiddies.

Dont post when hung over
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Ooh ho! Looks like the situation in le brothel is heating up. Maybe Louis gets the first fracas of the game...

Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

I was hoping for simple intimidation.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Updated.

Due to my being occupied the last few days, I have deicded to bring Raphaelus back into the game earlier than planed, so Mike doesn't sit around aimless any longer.
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Ah-HA! We know your name is Stone "Mike" Magnet. And you're a kiwi. Now I should be able to find you with relative ease. How many Mikes can there be in New Zealand? It's such a small country, after all.

Creepy Stalker Vibe: check!
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Dorian, just as an FYI, this whole thing is demonstrating the need to learn the local lingo. Once we're done with the bar scene, Louis will keep an eye out for opportunities to do so, either people within the camp who speak it, or helpful locals who are willing to teach it for something in trade. (For various definitions of "helpful" of course.) So if you can think of situations to slip that in, that'd be great.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Well, in theory, you should be able to speak with most locals, depending on their level of vocab. You ARE dealing with pretty scum levels of people here, only really knowing broken local dialects. Raphaelus, earlier at the book store, had no issues dealing with those people. And the little man Ingmann spoke to earlier spoke a different language entirely. Also, the bouncer type is completely silent

I have no idea why i decided to make this encounter a mostly non speaking one. Just did. Rest assured that this shall not be a common occurrence.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Louis de la Forêt wrote:Ah-HA! We know your name is Stone "Mike" Magnet. And you're a kiwi. Now I should be able to find you with relative ease. How many Mikes can there be in New Zealand? It's such a small country, after all.

Creepy Stalker Vibe: check!
For sure. Anytime. In fact I'm playing a gig at Dorian's work next Wednesday. And I've already linked to my bands myspace on this site. Let the stalking begin.

Except then... I read your next post wrong.
Louis de la Forêt wrote:Dorian, just as an FYI, this whole thing is demonstrating the need to learn the local lingo.
Indeed, your stalking would be helped by learning the local Kiwi slang. Particularly, try to roll your R's in a particular southern NZ style. De la Forrrrrrrret. Frrrrom Gorrrrre. But really...why would that be useful...unless...
Louis de la Forêt wrote: So if you can think of situations to slip that in, that'd be great.
Hrm. I'll take your Stalker Vibe, and raise you an Inappropriate Sexual Innuendo. Ah the French. :lol:

Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

What do you mean "inappropriate"? I asked nicely, and I wanted him to slip it in gently. It's not like I said "Hey, go ahead and shove that down my throat! Yeah. Surprise me. I'll close my eyes... <herk>" or anything.

Your Myspace is safe from me, though. I'm a Gravin Threndor purist, after all. The rest of the site is off-limits.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

A couple of replies up. My apologies for the lack of replies of late. life kinda got on top of me for a bit there. I should be able to reply frequently over the rest of the week.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

On the discussion of rolls...

I use an online Dice roller. I was just doing Louis rolls for his response and as usual his luck struck...
Roll(1d100)+0:
99,+0
Total:99
Case in point.

EDIT: After this post I rolled another 99 then a 97 for Louis. At that moment I felt sorry for him, discarded the two rolls, and purchased a die roller for my phone. Louis is still failing badly, but at least not critically.

You cant say I am not a caring GM now.
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Sorry about leaving your unconscious kidnapped ass back there alone in a bar filled with cutthroats, Ingmann. I seem to have flubbed multiple perception rolls, one of them critically. As far as I know, you're just fine.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Return to “Valley of Blood”