Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker casts Dismissal upon one of the newly-summoned Barbazu! With a cry of outrage it disappears, returning to the Nine Hells!

Led charges back in, and again his claws score! (6 points and 6 points) He manages to avoid half of the caustic spatter! (6 points)

The Protector unleashes his Eldritch Blast! Some manner of theurgy makes it jump to strike multiple targets! First struck is CrushSpike, who falls lifeless! (46 points)! It jumps to Skyseeker! (31 points), who barely remains on her feet! She also manages to resist the energy draining effect! It Jumps now to Spirit Stalker's Earth Elemental! (40 points) The mighty elemental shrugs off the energy drain! It fizzles on Spirit Stalker's Spell Resistance!

Visty'ai takes another 5' step back, and turns his target to the warlock/rogue who severed CrushSpike's arm! Four arrows fly forth, all striking true! (8, 4, 7, 11 points) He is struck down, three of the arrows pierced through and through!

Skyseeker cuts back west 40', and hurls an ax at The Protector! His powers give some resistance, but the blade penetrates his hide! (6 points)

The babau matches Visty'ai, and attacks again! This time, only it's claws strike, he avoids the fanged maw! (6 points and 9 points)
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I use my wand to cast Sonic Blast at the elf that just appeared.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Muttering dark words, Kalindriel casts Doom upon one of the Barbazu from across the chaos of the battlefield.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

The stab from the trident only making her angrier, Anna unleashes another full attack with a quickened Ray of Enfeeblement thrown in for good measure.

[ooc: also, my Shield effect should still be active, right? I think I have two more turns after this with it.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Sigrid's wand sends a screaming blast at the rogue! He avoids the blast!

The elf throws some kind of powder in the air...as it falls upon him he disappears!

The entangled archer fires again at HammerHand! He bats away one, the second strikes, and the third sails off! (10 points) The much-battered unentangled archer throws down his bow and throws himself down IN the Web to indicate surrender.

Annelysei sends a fast streak of mystic power at the mezzoloth...but it resists her spell! However, as the Wraith-Slayer screams it's sirens song of slaughter, the crash of metal on carapace thunders an irresistable counterpoint melody! (9 points, CRITICAL HIT FOR 16 points, and CRITICAL HIT for 22 points)

StarStriker fires at the swordsman (22 points and 18 points, dead), before turning to fire at the last archer! (20 points)

The mezzoloth seeks to escape from Annelysei, and goes after Sigrid! Annelysei seizes the opportunity to swing at it again, but misses! It moves further south, giving Sigrid an opportunity! Her mace hits, but is unable to cause any harm...The fiend manages to overcome her Sanctuary, and impales her! (12 points)

Vynarkus fires again at the profoundly mentally challenged mezzoloth! His blast pierces it's protections this time! (9 points)

Hammerhand moves into the Web just enough to engage the archer with a Stunning Fist! (11 points, and he is STUNNED!)
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Having lost site of the elven rogue, but hoping he also can not see her, Laurel moves towards the rest of the party until she is just northwest of Star Striker. Certain that the volume of her song informs the Arcane Archer of who is next to him, she reaches out and lightly grabs his shoulder. A golden glow flows from her touch over the elf as the combination of her spell and her song helps cure some of his wounds.

[ooc]third round Inspire Courage lingers
swift action Perform check to keep up volume so all allies benefit from both songs
full round action to move one square northwest of Star Striker
free action cast CLW upon Star Striker while Healing Hymn is sung per home ruled replacement of Suggestion on Fascinated creatures for Healing Hymn[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Determined to finish off the mezzoloth, Anna steps 10' south, channels touch of fatigue into the Screaming Wraith Slayer, and strikes.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I back up and charge the monster again.
  • Fifth turn shifted
    Dodge vs. the Babau
    1 space east, 2 spaces west
    Charge / claw / claw
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Fast Healing 6 is still active.]

[Making the opportunity attack would cancel Sanctuary. I wouldn't do that.

But firing your wand at the rogue already canceled Sanctuary.
]

I take a 5' step away, then cast Sonic Blast at the mezzoloth from my wand.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker casts another Dismissal, and another barbazu disappears to from whence it came! He curses, shouting, "I can send no more away!"

Led charges in again! His claws once more score deeply (5 points and 4 points, and again one comes away seared by the caustic slime! (7 points) The Tanar'ri collapses into a puddle of rapidly evaporating noisome goo!

The Protector unleashes his blast again, this time it's a cone-shape! he sends this spray of abyssal power at Spirit Stalker and the Earth Elemental! Spirit Stalker's spell resistance in unequal to this blast! (36 points) He does resist the energy drain! The Elemental is struck! (36 points It is immune to energy draining!

Visty'ai unleashes his full attack upon the Protector! Only one arrow actually strikes home! (4 points)

Kalindriel casts Doom upon the last barbazu!

SKyseeker drinks a potion! (heal 22 points She runs to the East, to the fallen WarForged.

The newly-summoned barbazu enters a battle frenzy and charges Sksyeeker! It's vicious glaive connects! (8 points) Blood begins to pour from the horrific wound!

The Earth Elemental charges the barbazu! It's powerful arm slams down! (16 points)
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Sigrid steps away, and sends a sonic bolt at the mezzoloth! It's Spell Resistance shrugs off the attack!

Annelysei casts her spell as she moves forward and pounds the mezzoloth again! The spell is superfluous, as with this final impact, the insectoid menace is SHATTERED! (10 points)

StarStriker screams in agony as a horrific rent suddenly appears across his stomach from the invisible rogue! He collapses atop a pile of his own viscera! (36 points)

Vynarkus sends his blast at the stunned archer! (7 points)

Hammerhand focuses his energy upon his wounds! (heal 22)
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks down at the vanishing demon, and spits. He glances at his burned fingers, and burned feet, then checks out Visty'ai to see if he's badly hurt. Then he looks back to where the rest are fighting, and tries to see a way to get there quickly. Between the dragon and that acid field, it'll take me a while to run back over there.

"You're hidden from the Protector's view by the bulk of yon lizard. If you can hit the other enemies, here's a good place to do it from. I'm going to move around the wyrm to the north and try to tackle someone from there."

With that, he pulls out his other healing potion and quaffs it before trotting to the northeast, hiding behind the dragon's monsterous bulk so that he can surprise his enemies.
  • [29HP remaining]
    Sixth turn shifted
    Dodge vs. the Protector
    3 squares northeast, 4 squares north
    Cure Serious Wounds (3d8 +6)
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[I was wrong. Sacred Healing ran out before I got hit.]

I activate Sacred Healing again.

"Who can see the invisible? We're in trouble!"
  • [16hp remaining]
    First round of Sacred Healing. (Fast Healing 6)
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Somewhat miffed at Spirit Stalker ruining her forthcoming bluff by telling the enemy he is out of banishment spells, she surveys the two battles surrounding her. The Barbazu will likely be dead or critically wounded before she could reach it to turn to their side anyways.

Deciding she has the proper counter to the Rogue, she leaps into the air. Her arcing flight has her land in Sigrid's shadow while an evil grin of pointy teeth cuts her face from ear to ear only to disappear.

[Fly from off the map adjacent to Sigrid. Hide in Plain Sight.

Have the Dust of Appearance in-hand and ready. If possible, use it as an Attack of Opportunity, otherwise will want to be ready to douse the area on her following action. Willing to use multiple applications to ensure success.
]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Watching Kali fly around, Anna decides that the best course of action is to activate her Gargoyle Boots and hope that the invisible rogue becomes visible soon. The archer is too far away for any of her spells to be of use, and she doesn't want to waste a spell trying to fire on the rogue that might not be there.

[31 HP, Activate Gargolye Boots, Shield effect still active]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker casts Searing Light at The Protector! (Critical hit! 39 points!)

Led's wounds close! (heal 18 points) he moves behind the sheltering bulk of the rampaging dragon.....narrowly evading the Cone of Cold cast by one of Khaurum's infernal foes!

The Protector takes flight! he sends his Utterdark Blast at Spirit Stalker! His shot strikes home (29 points! He is unable to resist the level drain!

Visty'ai sends another quartet of arrows at the Protector! (3 points and 6 points) His third arrow goes tragically astray, slamming into Led! (10 points). His fourth sails harmlessly away!

Skyseeker pours her last healing potion into CrushSpike! (heal 9 points) Her wound continues to bleed! (2 points)

The barbazu tries to teleport! The Earth Elemental seizes the opportunity! It maintains it's concentration, and reappears behind Spirit Stalker!
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[ooc] - That's over half the HP I just got from that potion![/ooc]

Led cries out in pain, and glances back to where the enemy was. Seeing only Visty'ai, bow in hand, he gestures rudely, then sees the demon appearing next to the archer. Cursing soundly in three different languages, he turns and sprints back to once again save the one who just shot him. Oh, the unfairness of the world.
  • [37HP remaining]
    Seventh turn shifted
    Dodge vs. the barbazu
    Move whatever it is (I don't feel like counting)
    Charge / claw / claw
Last edited by Led Pighp on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Worried about the invisible rogue going for Sigrid next, and concerned Sigrid's Sacred Healing will not heal her rapidly enough should he do so, Laurel remains invisible and moves until she is just north of the volk cleric; then lightly touching her, casts Cure Light Wounds upon her.

[ooc]fourth round Inspire Courage lingers
heal check on Sigrid
swift action Perform check to keep up volume so all allies benefit from Healing Hymn
remain invisible
move 20' to one square directly north of Sigrid before Dust of Appearance is tossed
standard action but not use of bardic music nor spell slot to cast CLW at 1d8+caster level (max 5) plus 8 for ranks in Perform upon Sigrid while Healing Hymn is sung per home ruled replacement of Suggestion on Fascinated creatures for Healing Hymn[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Sigrid activates her power!

The invisible elf stabs Annelysei! Blood frothes from her mouth, but she survives the vicious sneak attack! (25 points)

Laurel heals Sigrid! (heal 19 points)

DM edit in----forgot to POST it, but it happened...

Kali throws her Dust of Appearance into the air! The rogue is suddenly visible, Annelysei's blood dripping from his blade!

Annelysei exacts punishing retribution! Twice, of the three swings, the crackling chains of the Wraith-Slayer crunch into flesh and shatter bone! (18 points and 14 points)

The remaining archer throws himself down and surrenders, enmeshed in the web.

Vynarkus blasts the newly revealed and rapidly battered enemy! (10 points) The rogue falls, a smoking mass of near-jelly!
Last edited by Seven Words on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker casts Doom on The Protector! His flight becomes momentarily erratic!

Khaurum finishes rending the last of his foes, and takes wing in pursuit of the Protector!

A swarm of abishai stoop from the skies to intercept Khaurum!

Led charges the barbazu! His claws both strike deep, despite it's otherworldly resilience, it falls before him! (7 points and 10 points!) its' body rapidly turns to smoke, leaving behind only it's glaive and a faint stench to mark its passing.

The Protector flies off as fast as he can to the northwest!

Visty'ai sends another quartet of arrows at the Protector! Only two strike home, and his protections ablate those by half! (5 points and 6 points)

Sksyeeker hurls curses and dire threats after the vanishing Protector!

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”