Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna bends over, panting, and spits a mouthful of blood on the ground. She leans on her flail and weakly reaches into her pouch and pulls out a cure critical wounds and quickly swallows it. Grimacing at the taste, she straightens at it takes effect. Feeling stronger, she decides to take one last whack at the fallen rogue with her flail. Noticing the curious glances from the other members of the party, she shrugs and says, "Just in case he was only mostly dead."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

With the immediate danger past, and glancing around the battlefield as the Protector attempts to fly away with the dragon in pursuit, the bard falls out of invisibility and continues to sing her Healing Hymn to enhance any Cure or other healing spells cast which it will affect. Going to each member of her party (including Led's, Skyseeker's, and Spirit Stalker's group), she quickly assesses their wounds before casting Cure Light Wounds as a part of the hymn upon five more party members one at a time, working from the ally in the most dire need of healing to the ally in least need that she can assist.

If any ally needs more than one enhanced Cure Light Wounds cast upon them to bring them out of any dire straits due to lack of potions, lack of self-healing ability, or lack of other healers nearby, Laurel will stay with them and recast her spell until she has done all she can for them.

[ooc]Out of battle mode, heal check of all party members and allies, please.
Perform check for Healing Hymn to be heard by all who would benefit from it among Laurel's allies.
Cast Cure Light Wounds 3+Charisma modifier -1 use per Healing Hymn usage on those who would benefit from it most.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kalindriel laughs at the elf as her dust reveals it, allowing Annalysei to strike him down.

With nothing left as an immediate threat, she flits over to where the third Barbazu fell. She picks up the glaive it dropped before disincorporating to examine it closer. Giggling to it's wispy remains she teases, "You forgot something!"
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Still feeling antsy and full of energy from the battle, Anna strides over to Laurel, "I don't have any healing abilities, or I'd help you, so I'm going to check the area and probe the fallen foes for anything interesting. Call if you need me."

She scans using Detect Magic and her own senses.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker heads voer, gesturing to Led to follow...he quickly casts Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, then Bless, adn bids you "Hunt well!"

Everyone heal 29 points

4 available enemies are close....

A group of 7 elves in The Protector's Guard livery....

A huge shambling undead of some kind.....

Two gaunt, winged demons, wreathed in sickly flames, with tattered skeletal wings...

Two Frost Giants....

All of them bear marks of battle already.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus grimaces as he watches the Protector zoom away, beyond range of his blast. However, he soon realizes that his manuvering during the earlier fighting put him above the level of the Protector, and that he is able to dive towards him, thus catching up. He does so, hoping that he will manage to get within range to hurt him.

[ooc]I'm making a few assumptions here. I'll try to explain them.

First, I was told earlier that the Protector was just within reach of my Eldritch Spear. Now that he is flying away, this is no longer the case. If it still is the case, Vynarkus simply flys 30' closer and blasts him.

Secondly, as the Protector just took off, I'm assuming he does not have enough height to dive. At the same time, I'm assuming that I do. This means that he is moving at (30X4=120 feet per round), while I am moving at (30X4X2=240 feet per round). This will put me within striking distance next round. If this is not the case, Vynarkus heads over to the guards of the Protector, and makes a rushed Diplomacy check, hoping to convince them this time, as they are dealing with their injuries.[/ooc]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Vynarksu sends a final blast after the fleeing protector! It flies wide!

Skyseeker voices her opinion, "I say we engage yon Guards, or the Frost Giants. Led and I's mobility and aim will avail naught against undead, and I fear the demons would resist most attacks" she says as she regathers her javelins of flame.

Visty'ai sees Bitch-Kissed and DarkRock, and heads over to work with them, apparently going after a trio of huge Ice Para-Elementals.....HammerHand follows.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna stretches, feeling better after the potion and healing and says "I have no particular preference, but Precious and I aren't going to work very well against things that fly. I can cast magic, but I work better if I can use magic and flail together. Wherever you need me most is where I'll go. Although, I probably need to stay near someone with healing abilities, because I'm pretty much out of potions." And adds with a muttered eyeroll to the heavens, "...since I just wasted my last good one."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali does an odd skip-fly over to the group due to the unwieldiness of holding a glaive in each hand. "I think the giants. Have you ever tried to smack a bunch of little brats swarming around you? It is tough, let me tell you..."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led stands up straighter from the lost damage, and surveys his possible playthings. For a brief moment, he considers the tactical value of each group, and the assumed difficulty. But in the end, he just runs full-out towards the giants. They look bigger, and probably stronger, and it seems like it would be fun to kill them.
  • [60hp remaining]
    Eighth turn shifted
    Dodge vs. Skyseeker
    32 spaces towards wherever the giants are (stop around 10' squares from them)
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"I suppose that answers the question..."

Kalindriel thrusts her old glaive into the ground then takes to the air in pursuit of Led and the giants.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Hefting a javelin, with an elvish curse on excessive haste, Skyseeker follows after Led.

"At least the fires of my weapons shall be more puissant against these" she mutters sizing them up...."The left-hand one looks to be a cleric!" she calls out as drawing near makes clear the sigil of Kergan, Lord of Waters upon his armor and the torc about his throat.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]Knowledge (arcana/planes/bard) checks plus Identify Monsters on the type of Undead, weaknesses of the Frost Giants (would they be susceptible to "Dust of Dryness?"), and winged demons, please.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus considers pursuing the Protector furthur, but seeing the creatures preventing Khaurum from doing just that, he realizes that such a course would result in his sure death.

He then looks around for where he would be most useful, and, although he sees the party heading after the Frost Giants, he notices that the elven guards are being left alone for the moment, and decides to convince them to surrender peacefully before they are killed.

[ooc]He flys close enough for them to hear him, makes a rushed Diplomacy check, trying to convince them to put their weapons on the ground and stop fighting, os they can survive to help the city, and then heads off towards the Frost Giants as well.

I know this will take several turns, but it should all be said at once.[/ooc]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Shield on myself.
I start to move towards the frost giants.
  • [22hp remaining]
    Second turn of Sacred Healing (all allies gain 6hp)
    Shield of Faith active on Annalysei
    Shield active on Sigrid
  • Cleric 0 -
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Cleric 1 -
    * Sanctuary
    * Shield of Faith (+3 deflection bonus)
    * Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus)
    Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus)
    Cleric 1 - (ring)
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cleric 2 -
    Bear's Endurance
    Bear's Endurance
    Bear's Endurance
    Sorceress 0 - (six)
    Acid Splash
    Arcane Mark
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation
    Ray of Frost
    Sorceress 1 - (six)
    Mage Armor (+4 armor bonus)
    Magic Missile
    * Shield (+4 shield bonus)
    Sorceress 3 - (wand)
    ** Sonic Blast

Turn Undead - (six)
    ** Sacred Healing
[How many Sonic Blasts are in my wand? I've used it three or four times, I think.]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna calls to Sigrid, "I guess that answers that, then. I'll follow you and your healing abilities." and moves towards the Frost Giants.

[41 HP]
Shield still active
Gargoyle boots should still be active (right?)

Ooc: I don't know exactly how to do this, but if Laurel's Knowledge check on the giants fails, can I have a Knowledge check?
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Once Led charges, Kalindriel will dive at the cleric. Will try to get flanking if possible.

[36 hp - full]
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Laurel looks at her comrades heading towards the Frost Giants. Then looks at the group of Undead. Setting her Healing Hymn to linger she muses aloud for her companions to hear, "Hulking Corpses are particularly susceptible to bludgeoning and magic. The Wraith-Slayer should be especially effective against them, should Annalysei decide to take them on."

Turning her attention towards the winged-demons, she continues, "The palrethee are vulnerable to cold, but immune to fire..." as she pulls a vial out and pours it over her quiver of arrows. "They are tough to hurt, unless something very magical is used against them.

"But the Frost Giants are the opposite; vulnerable to fire yet immune to cold. Vynarkus' fire blast, Skyseeker's javelins, and now my arrows should be somewhat helpful against them."

Having informed the group of what she knows, she again starts singing an inspirational tune of courage loud enough for all allies to hear. Then working the L-rd of Shadows name in to her song, she once again winks out of sight as she prepares to make her way towards the party attacking the Frost Giants.

[ooc]First round Healing Hymn lingers
Move action pour Flame Arrow Oil over arrows in quiver
Swift action to insure all allies hear her songs
Standard action 4th use of Bardic Music to launch Inspire Courage again
Free action to activate Earring of Invisibility[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Mage Armor on myself.

I walk another six spaces towards the giants.

EDIT (to add counters) I was using my iPhone before.
  • [22hp remaining]
    Third turn of Sacred Healing (all allies gain 6hp)
    Shield of Faith active on Annalysei
    Shield active on Sigrid
    Mage Armor active on Sigrid
  • Cleric 0 -
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Cleric 1 -
    * Sanctuary
    * Shield of Faith (+3 deflection bonus)
    * Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus)
    Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus)
    Cleric 1 - (ring)
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cleric 2 -
    Bear's Endurance
    Bear's Endurance
    Bear's Endurance
    Sorceress 0 - (six)
    Acid Splash
    Arcane Mark
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation
    Ray of Frost
    Sorceress 1 - (six) **
    Mage Armor (+4 armor bonus)
    Magic Missile
    Shield (+4 shield bonus)
    Sorceress 3 - (wand)
    ** Sonic Blast

Turn Undead - (six)
    ** Sacred Healing
Last edited by Sigrid on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I continue at a run toward the giants. (ooc: I don't know what direction, but let's assume I'm following the herd, Triple move please.)

[41 HP]
Shield still active
Gargoyle boots should still be active

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”