Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[I heartily endorse obtaining one of the monocles. And a top hat. I'll contribute my entire net worth towards this goal, which unfortunately consists of someone else's pocket lint.

We might be owed a few favors though when the elves realize the difference having the fiends turned on themselves made to their survival.

I can assist any haggling (yay for automatic aid another rolls).

Also agree with Led on fast forwarding through any ID'ing or shelving for later if possible.
]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led Pighp wrote:[Instead of spending weeks debating which ones we might want, depending on what they are, let's just wait until they've been identified, and decide from there. Seven, what kind of time frame do we have before we go to the next bit? Enough that we can ID everything, and then refresh spells again? If so, I'd like to just fast-forward through that.]

Led brings out the items he'd found on the bodies. One is elaborate, bizarrely shaped key, and the other is an amulet with a symbol he does not recognize. To Laurel, he says "Have your travels shown you anything like these? I don't recognize this symbol."
OOC---couple of days, can all be identified....I'll just post here and now what all the new stuff is..anything NOT from this engagement you want ID'd, post it and I'll ID it.

7 potions--CMWx2, CSWx2, Bear Strength, Bless, Aid
2 rings--Prot +2, Wizardry Level 2
1-bracers--Armor 5
2--leather armor--+3, +5
1--breastplate--+1, Moderate Fortification
1--staff--one heel is silver, the other cold iron--+3
2--Short Sword--Sharpness, +2
1--dagger--+1 Caustic Lesser Chausible
3--scrolls--#1-----3xMaximized Magic Missile(CL9), Empowered Scorching Ray (CL 9)
Scroll #2--2xEmpowered Ray of Enfeeblement (CL 9)
Scroll #3--Max Burning Hands, max Shocking Grasp (both CL 9)

Kali's dagger--+2, Kali's newfound glaive--+2 Keen
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[ooc - I need some healing potions, at least a CMW, and a CSW if possible since i'm near the things doing the poking and squishing.]

Looking over the loot with interest, Anna says "Because of Precious, here, any touch spell scrolls would work very well, so that Shocking Grasp would be good for me. Also, I think I could wear that breastplate without it interfering with my spellcasting." She then calls to Sigrid, "If you like, we can share the Ring of Wizardry, because your healing spells have kept me from being a smear on the ground more than once. If I'm close enough to you, I could probably hand or toss it to you in battle."

Then, lowering her voice so that only her companions (and not the elves) can hear her, "I have some gems I can donate to the cause. They were given to me by my father." Her expression hardens as she continues "I believe he was paying me to leave. Either way, I will donate what I can."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[ooc - If we're getting a top had and a monocle, we need to get a cane. Preferably ivory-tipped. Oh, and one of those cigarette extender holder thingies so that we can look like the monopoly man.]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[Most interested in the Leather Armor +5 since I'm melee.

Lesser interest in Bracers AC5 (probably benefits Sigrid the most), then Leather +3. Can use the Ring of Protection +2.

I wouldn't mind swapping the Short Sword +2 with the Dagger +2 for a back-up, but I doubt I'll use either very often, if ever.

I think there's a lot of us that can only use Light Armor though (Kali, Led, Laurel, Vyn. Maybe Anna?) Led, Anna, and myself seem to be in melee the most, but we don't want to neglect anyone due to ranged attacks.
]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I vote that we give to Sigrid:
  • Ring of Protection +2
    Bracers of Armor 5
    Leather Armor +3 (did anybody know she has NO ARMOR right now?)
    All the scrolls (she has no UMD roll to use them)
I vote that we give to Annalysei:
  • Breastplate (hehe, I'm talking about her breasts)
    Potions: CMWx1, CSWx1, Bear's Strength
I vote that we give to Led:
  • Potions: CMWx1, CSWx1, Aid
    Giant's Axe (Seven, is it even magical or anything?)
    Leather Armor: +5
    Dagger +2 (it almost killed him with that horrid fungus stuff)
I vote that we give to Vynarkus:
  • +1 Caustic Lesser Chausible (with an acid dagger, he can give me back my double-sword, too)
    Potion: Bless
I vote that we give to Kalindriel:
  • Short Sword of Sharpness +2
    Glaive +2
I vote that we give to Laurel:
  • Ring of Wizardry (this was a hard choice between her and Anna, but since nothing else seemed [to me, at least] very useful to her, AND since this ring would give Laurel more healing spells, it seemed like a good choice)
The rest of those are melee weapons. Kali and Anna could use them. Even Led could use the staff (and it can go through damage reduction), but I just don't think any of us are likely to use these things very often, so we're probably better off selling them off.

Also, for realz, Led needs some way of lugging around all of these trophy weapons he's been collecting. The double-sword, the elfs-bane axe, that non-magical halberd, now the giant's axe and the dagger. He can't USE any of them, but he feels especially attached to them. Or, you know, he could get over this mild obsession of his, and just sell them all and we keep the cash.
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Led Pighp wrote:I vote that we give to Sigrid:
  • Ring of Protection +2
    Bracers of Armor 5
    Leather Armor +3 (did anybody know she has NO ARMOR right now?)
    All the scrolls (she has no UMD roll to use them)
[The bracers and leather armor do not stack. Either adds +5 AC. Sigrid would have arcane penalties for wearing leather, wouldn't she?

As a side note, Kali will be ditching the studded leather she scavenged for the elf disguise when she can change back into her normal outfit. It's too restrictive. Thus her interest in the bracers.
]
I vote that we give to Kalindriel:

Short Sword of Sharpness +2
Glaive +2
[There is a Short Sword of Sharpness and a Short Sword +2.

While it shouldn't be completely ignored as something she is getting, I believe the glaive exists because we've been fighting things Kali couldn't do anything against with her non-magical one and it's her "weapon of choice". In that sense, it was the GM throwing her a bone.
]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker for the bracers and either a short sword or a dagger.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

The leather armor has a 10% spell failure. I'd like the bracers and the ring, though.

I agree that Laurel or Annalysei can use the ring of Wizardry more than me.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali thinks a bit. "The bracers would most benefit Sigrid. Led can have the really nice armor and Skyseeker the other suit we recovered."

"However, since my outfit offers no protection," she sticks her fingers through various slits and wiggles them, "I would like the ring. I would also like to see if I could barter that lesser leather suit for something protective but less movement imparing."

[Vyn's list had an un-ID'd suit of Leather +1, which is where that came from.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I wave my hand. "That's fine."

I put on the bracers.

"Let's go get the Protector."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

She slips the ring victoriously onto her left hand. "Someone's impatient." She smirks, "I suppose that temperament fits the mistress of Aednat."

"I am ready if everyone else is."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

As the bard finishes up her own searching and returns to the group, she asks the party, "Have any of you heard of a small college for bards known as the Arcane Chord? I overheard some of the others here talking about it, and their training in combining song and magic intrigues me."

As she looks over the pile of loot, the Ring of Wizardry draws her eye. Doubling her ability to cast Sonic Weapon or Cure Moderate Wounds would be welcome indeed...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"I'm not impatient. He's going to get away."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--assuming this is the 2nd day after the big fight.....

Spirit Stalker comes over, in the company of a very elderly elf, who he introduces as "Moonwalker Sec'Ilshaaki", as well as the newly-raised Marrik.

Moonwalker's voice, though reedy, is strong, "Your coming has revealed a great deal that was hidden, cast Light across much Darkness. Clearly, we have labored for millenia under the yoke of the very ones who Brought the Doom. However, we cannot enter the Vile One's demesne. He has warded it, such that anyone who tries to enter without the passphrase, or being recognized by the magics, is horribly burned, even killed. A Volk River-Ward communed with the Lord of Waters....and found that the Vile One put some compound into all the water sources around here.....it is the presence of this which triggers the magic. You are not from here, and have not been here long enough to have ingested enough...we who live here have taken this in our whole lives. We know he entered his lair, and then teleported away within seconds. What spellcasters we have gathered have blocked many attempts to mystically enter, or to mystically remove anything from there. There may well be information about our enemy within. There are clearly at least SOME things of value to them, else they'd not have made such efforts to pierce our barriers."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks up, at first happy to see Marrik up and alive again. But on hearing the news, he throws up his hands in disgust. "You want us to storm his castle, knowing that he's already teleported away from it? And none of you can help." He paces a few circles, seeming to channel an inner caged animal. "And what of the <sarcasm> Great and Powerful Dragon </sarcasm>? I suppose the centuries it was sleeping, it did so in the same water, and it also will be useless?"

Pace. Pace.

"And, of course, you can't just dispell the ward."

Pace. Pace.

"If he's not there, why do we even want to go in? Can we track him from there?"

Pace. Pace.

Led looks at the rest of his party, none of whom seem nearly as upset by this as he is. "Fine. I guess we'll do it." he caves. "But you guys will be augmenting us in return."
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna shrugs and polishes the links of her flail, even though the bits of gore in them had been cleaned away long before, "As long as I get to hurt as many of the Protector's people as I can, I'm happy. My spells and Precious here are ready when you are."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kalindriel shrugs at Led's fuming. "There must be something of value if they try to come back."

Directed towards the elf, "Why not let them in, but prevent them from leaving?"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker smiles bemusedly, "These wards were laid down over many many thousands of years. We're stripping them away as we can, but it will be months before we can take them all down. We don't know what they left behind in their haste to flee, letting even one back in could be disastrous....what if they have a grimoire containing the Name of a Greater Demon Lord? Once called forth, it and its minions would whelm us. As for Khaurum....once the enemy forces abandoned this place, he said he was needed elsewhere, at the Great Crater Lake."

Moonwalker has a look of mild distaste on his face, but says, "Unless something is clearly the property of a living person, then it's dispensation shall be up to you."

Skyseeker takes him to task, "He has lived his whole life free, but with old stories of how WE, yes WE elves created, used, and abandoned his people. Now he comes here, and finds not merely use but abuse, enslavement of his people. Of course he's not willing to do you any favors. " She waves her arm to encompass everyone not of your party, "Everyone here is complicit, to a greater or lesser degree, in near-genocide upon his people. It shames YOU that he even needs to speak of compensation." She finishes, all the hauteur of a noble scion in every line of her bearing.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"Their record with summonings is not very good. They don't know enough to stop themselves from summoning metaphysically incompatible fiends. Thinking they could call upon anything with actual power is amusing, especially after a few dozen of their lessers were sent back to the lower planes with likely nothing good to say about their prowess."

"Whatever you want though. How are we sure these wards won't burn us, and who can we rely upon to dismantle any traps that might be laid out if none of you can accompany us?"

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”