Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led charges! As he crosses it's reach, it snaps at him, but misses! Both of his claw strikes connect! But an undead lacks vulnerable areas for precision damage! (4 points and 6 points)

Skyseeker runs towards the statue, staying out of the considerable reach of the undead, before hurling a javelin! The thing has no vital area for her to aim for! She manages to hit it in the head but barely breaks it's mystically toughened skin, the flames doing far more than the actual projectile! (1 point physical, 4 points of fire damage)

Kalindriel flies in, and casts her spell! The Hulking Corpse is shrouded in darkness!

The monstrosity charges at Annelysei! It bites her savagely, massive jaws tearing at her! Her protections abate not even a quarter of the power in this dire assault. (20 points)

As the loathsome thing lurches past, Kalindriel seizes the opportunity! The skin resists her strike stubbornly, but does finally part...( 4 points)

Led also sees an opportunity, but lacking the force a charge behind them, his claws cannot hurt it...

Annelysei, face contorted in either pain from the bite or nausea from it's grave-reeking breath, whirls the fabled weapon of her ancestor, the hammering force and enchantments unimpeded by the eldritch hide! A hit, a miss, and a final hit! (18 points and 16 points)

Sigrid casts her enhanced spell, and again brilliant missiles streak across the grass to blast the monster! (12 points)

Laurel casts Call Lightning, flashing into visibility...but she misspeaks! The first bolt descends upon HER! She manages to avoid the worst of the strike...AND maintains concentration enough to keep her song going! (6 points)
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks at his claws, and realizes that against an undead, he will be much less effective. Muttering to himself that being a Blood Hunter isn't very useful against something with no blood, he takes out his silk rope.

He does something fancy to get it around one leg of the giant corpse, Hulking Corpse in fact, and then runs in circles around it, so as to tangle up its legs and trip it.
  • [60hp]
    Second turn shifted
    Dodge vs. Hulking Corpse
    Use Rope to attach the rope
    Run around it until the rope is used up
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Now engulfed in her own darkness, Kalindriel thinks she is at a tactical disadvantage. As such, she drops to the ground, ten feet behind the behemoth.

[36/36 hp]
[Move 5' back and to the ground; should place her 10' behind the Undead, opposite Anna, and just outside the Darkness. Strike at its feet and legs, which should be where the globe of darkness touches the ground.]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna groans in pain as she repositions her flail for the next strike. Calling out to Sigrid and Laurel, she says "Could one of you please heal me in case this thing decides to get creative?" She plants her feet and prepares to hit the undead with a full attack.

[21 HP]
Shield Active
Gargoyle Boots Active
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I step 5' to the northwest.

I cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Annalysei.

I draw my wand of Sonic Blast.
  • [22hp remaining]
    Sacred Healing is finished
    Shield of Faith active on Annalysei
    Shield active on Sigrid
    Mage Armor active on Sigrid
    Protection from Evil active on Sigrid
  • Cleric 0 -
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Create Water
    * Cleric 1 -
    * Sanctuary
    * Shield of Faith (+3 deflection bonus)
    * Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus)
    * Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus)
    Cleric 1 - (ring)
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    * Cleric 2 -
    * Bear's Endurance
    * Bear's Endurance
    * Bear's Endurance
    Cleric 2 - (wand)
    Find Traps (24)
    Sorceress 0 - (six)
    Acid Splash
    Arcane Mark
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation
    Ray of Frost
    * Sorceress 1 - (six) ******
    Mage Armor (+4 armor bonus)
    Magic Missile
    Shield (+4 shield bonus)
    Sorceress 2 - (wand)
    Acid Arrow (16)
    Sorceress 3 - (wand)
    Sonic Blast (26)

Turn Undead - (six) **
    Sacred Burst (+50% to healing until end of next turn)
    Sacred Healing (Fast Healing 6 for five turns)

* Empower Spell - (rod) ***
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Wincing as her own spell strikes her, the bard works a warning into her inspiring tune, "Guard against stray lightening bolts!" Switching her tunes back to her hymn to heal and setting her inspiring tune to linger, she activates her earring by inserting the name of the L-rd of Shadows in to her hymn with intent, then moves 30' to the northwest towards Annalysei, with the purpose of healing her once she gets near.

[ooc]First round Healing Hymn lingers
Standard action to set Inspire Courage with the Inspirational Boost buff to linger and pick up Healing Hymn
Swift action to activate earring of invisibility
Move 30' feet northwest to just behind Annalysei with inten to cast CLW on her next round[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

As Led runs around it's feet, it uses this opportunity to bite at him! (21 points) However, he manages to tangle it's feet thoroughly! It falls down! (failed Reflex save) Led and Annelysei need to move lest it fall atop them! Led dodges! Anne dodges!

Skyseeker hurls another javelin after cutting towards the statue! Though the flames once again consume a span of its noisome flesh, the javelin itself is merely embedded in its hide. (3 points fire damage)

Kalindriel attacks, her glaive missing in the darkness she conjured upon the monster!

The Hulking Corpse is at a loss finding itself unexpectedly on the ground....

Annelysei giggles delightedly, finding her foe prone before her! Wraith-Slayer whistling and crackling, she pounds on the enemy! (15 points 15 points, and 18 points) The abhorrent thing loses all animation now, returned to it's eternal rest.

Sigrid heals Annelysei for 22 points!

A lightning bolt descends from the sky! Kalindriel is unable to avoid it....in fact, she moves herself squarely into it's path! Her protections absorb nearly half of the errant energy strike. (critical fumble on Reflex save...12 points)
Last edited by Seven Words on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

A glance about the field reveals no more foes, the elves have routed the Protector's forces...

Another lightning bolt splits the sky...Led easily avoids it completely (Successful Reflex save, Evasion)

And yet another strikes Laurel! (11 points) Dark Rock runs over and dispels the errant enchantment.

OOC--everyone, level up...twice. yes, level 8. have fun.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I activate Sacred Healing. Everyone gets 30hp.

If anyone is still hurt, I do it again.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kalindriel picks herself up from the dive she took, snow coating her face and clothes. Dusting herself off, she notices one of the fake horns has become loose. She walks into the globe of darkness still enveloping the undead behemoth and lets out a curse at it as she kicks its obscured form.

Emerging from the darkness a bit later she has both of the horns in her right hand and the wings she sported during the fight have receded. Her silver tiara is once again resting upon her brow. Slinging the glaive she picked up from the Barbazu over he shoulder, she ambles over to her old one and plucks it from the ground before returning to the victorious group.

"That went well. What now?"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker gathers her javelins, and suggests "I say we lay claim to what we can from the bodies of those we killed. Given the nature of the...disagreement, I doubt they'll be Resurrected, even if their families would try. This is dark day....necessary, but black as Barxonas own closet. Elf killing elf, when we are so few is utterly reprehensible. For every dead elf here, for every innocent Volk punished, for every Shifter kept, for every WarForged taught their place, he MUST be killed. No other answer suffices to evil such as this."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]Did Sigrid's Sacred Healing heal everyone fully?[/ooc]

DM edit---whatever didn't, various NPCs will. Fights over, don't worry about it. :)

The bard nods in agreement to Skyseeker's words and begins searching the fallen.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[Only damage was some lightning bolt coming out of nowhere :P, so Sigrid's healing took care of it.]

Kali joins in the searching, but half-heartedly. Most of their trinkets don't interest her and she figures the ones with detect magic will find anything of note. She puts more effort into anything left near where the fiends were tricked into fighting. Should they have dropped anything before dismissal then it is worth close examination.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus heads around looking for magic items with Detect Magic. He focuses on the dead Warlocks, as he is probably the only one who will survive who can use their specialized items.

[ooc]I'll take whatever I can get, but...
Warlock's Scepter and Greater Chausible of Fell Power...
Even if I don't find them personally, I hope they'd be offered to me.[/ooc]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna wanders around, using detect magic to see if anything interesting was left behind.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led wanders around the field of the fallen. He makes a point of picking up the axe used by the giant fighter, the one that nearly killed him. "I'll add this to the collection."

When he picks the thing up, and grunts with effort, he mutters, "Gawds, I'm going to need a wagon to carry all of the weapons that almost killed me." In the end, he drags it around with him, using the axe-head as a sled across the surface of the snow.

Other than that, he tends to pick up whatever looks valuable from the bodies. Especially things that seem like they might be useful from a bluffing point of view. (e.g. - the pin of the Unknowable that marked them as allies of the Protector)
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

this is what you folks have, to divvy amongst yourselves, then you can go play let's make a deal with NPCs....

7 potions
2 rings
1-bracers
2--leather armor
1--breastplate
1--staff--one heel is silver, the other cold iron
2--Short Sword
1--dagger
3--scrolls
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali has potential interest in, depending upon what they actually are:

2 rings
1 - bracers
2 -- leather armor
2 -- short swords
1 -- dagger

[Do the dashes denote anything?
DM Edit-- they denote nothing whatsoever, I just tend to put a separator between numbers and items, and sometimes I hit it twice, sometimes once with no logic whatsoever behind it.

She is still holding onto the tainted dagger from the assassin which was never ID'd. Mainly she wants a secondary weapon of some sort in case her glaive cannot be used.]
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus combines Detect Magic and Spellcraft in order to tell as much as possible about what we have.

[ooc]Two things I want to mention. Firstly, everyone tell me what you want, and give me the necessary items. I now have a high enough Diplomacy to get garaunteed success on Haggle, making everything I buy 75% cost. That should apply to barter as well.

Secondly, there is a magic item we need to get. I'd probably be using it, but Anna could to. The Artificier
s Monocle
. It costs only 1,500 gold, and allows the wearer to use Detect Magic to power an Identify spell. We recover the cost in 15 uses. More importantly, however, is the fact that it takes only a minute to activate, compared to an hour for the official spell.

Also, Seven. Is the breastplate made of mithril?[/ooc]

During the conversation about the new items, Vynarkus goes over to Sigrid, and asks for her Minor Ring of Spell Storing. [ooc]Remember our PM conversation, Sigrid?[/ooc] He then experiments on it, to see if he can put invocations into it, and if others can then cast them.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Instead of spending weeks debating which ones we might want, depending on what they are, let's just wait until they've been identified, and decide from there. Seven, what kind of time frame do we have before we go to the next bit? Enough that we can ID everything, and then refresh spells again? If so, I'd like to just fast-forward through that.]

Led brings out the items he'd found on the bodies. One is elaborate, bizarrely shaped key, and the other is an amulet with a symbol he does not recognize. To Laurel, he says "Have your travels shown you anything like these? I don't recognize this symbol."
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”