The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Post by Menolly »

A First Look

My whole family is looking forward to this, and it is only two hours away. May just make getting Florida Resident Passes worthwhile again. :grinlove:

(I could have sworn I posted this yesterday, but I see no sign of it today)
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Menolly wrote:(I could have sworn I posted this yesterday, but I see no sign of it today)
:lol: :lol:

Look in the Tolkien Forum
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

StevieG wrote:
Menolly wrote:(I could have sworn I posted this yesterday, but I see no sign of it today)
:lol: :lol:

Look in the Tolkien Forum
8O 8O 8O

How did that happen?
I never even go in the Tolkien Forum...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well, the first anniversary of WWoHP is rapidly approaching. Back in June, Universal Orlando had a contest where the grand prize was two "premiere package" tickets to the celebration this coming weekend. They announced I was a winner of one of the trips in their Facebook photo album in August. I received this email the other day; I must admit I am looking forward to the trip!
Hello –

We hope you’re as excited as we are for your upcoming visit to Universal Orlando® Resort. This message outlines the steps you will take upon arrival to obtain your Share Your Story Prize components.

Theme Park Tickets

When you arrive at the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel, your theme park tickets will be waiting for you at the front desk upon check-in. The tickets are good for park-to-park admission, November 10 – 13.

Additional Prize Components

When you first arrive at Universal’s Islands of Adventure® please proceed to the Islands of Adventure® Guest Services window with your ID to retrieve your additional package components. The Guest Services window will be open starting at 5:45am November 11th through the 13th. On November 9th and 10th the Guest Services window will open at 8:00am.

Early Park Admission starting at 6:00am

As a special benefit for winning the Share Your Story contest, you will receive Early Park Admission to Islands of Adventure® beginning at 6:00am on 11/11 – 11/13. Normal park opening is at 9:00am. To obtain early admission, please present your event credential at the turnstile along with your theme park ticket.

Nighttime Gala Event on Sunday, November 13th – Begins at 8:00pm

Your event credential, in the package components you pickup, will provide you admission to the Nighttime Gala Event on November 13th. Please arrive with the credential at the front gates of Islands of Adventure at 8:00pm.

Cast Member Autograph Session on Saturday, November 12th - Begins at 11:15am

Redeem your ticket at the Jurassic Park Discovery Center® in Islands of Adventure®. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.

**Please note, all times & dates are subject to change – please check your tickets upon claiming**

Question & Answer Session on Saturday, November 12th - Begins at 4:00pm

Redeem your ticket at the Toon Lagoon® Amphitheater within Islands of Adventure®. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.

**Please note, all times & dates are subject to change – please check your tickets upon claiming**

VIP Tour of Islands of Adventure, the home of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Sunday, November 13th – Begins at 10:00am

Your VIP Tour of Islands of Adventure, the home of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, will begin at 10:00am, please arrive at the VIP Tour Lobby at Islands of Adventure, located next to Guest Services near the entrance to IOA, by 9:45am. Your tour confirmation number is: xxxxxxx

Transportation

Your hotel will provide scheduled transportation to and from Universal Orlando® during normal theme park hours (9:00am opening.) There should also be special transportation for early park admission - please check with your hotel upon arrival for schedules and policies.

For additional information about the November weekend event and for Frequently Asked Questions, please Click Here

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you to Universal Orlando® in November. Again if you have any questions/concerns please feel free to contact me at xxxx@UniversalOrlando.com or xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Thanks,
:biggrin:
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I expect a full report on this. It looks to me like a very decorated shopping mall with one ride. I am sure it must be better than that, so I want to here details.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Which cast members are gonna be around?
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

They haven't "officially" announced, as far as I know, but according to the FAQ on the link in the email...
Celebrities

Q: Who will be there from the Harry Potter films and will I be able to meet them?
A: During the event, there will be scheduled appearances by some of the cast members from the Harry Potter film series. Your opportunity to participate in events featuring various cast members depends on the scheduled activities included in your vacation package. Please check your vacation package entitlements for full details of what's included in your specific package.

Q: When will I know the celebrities that will be attending?
A: Celebrities including James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick, Griphook), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), David Bradley (Argus Filch), Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown) and more are expected to be in attendance. Additional celebrities may not be announced until closer to the event. Please continue to check www.universalorlando.com/celebration for updates about the event.

Q: Will J.K. Rowling be there?
A: No, J.K. Rowling will not be in attendance.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Cool, Luna! She's got an otherworldly sexiness about her :lol:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Dude...she's a child.

But I agree.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

This just in from Universal Orlando Resort's Facebook page...
Mark your calendars! Warner Bros. is celebrating the release of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - PART 2 at the Harry Potter Home Entertainment Celebration here this weekend! Tune in this Saturday at 8:30pm EST to E! Online or the Harry Potter Facebook page to see Rupert Grint, James and Oliver Phelps, Evanna Lynch, Director David Yates, and more of your favorite Harry Potter stars arrive on the red carpet for this special celebration!
Woo-hoo!
I didn't know Rupert was going to be there.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

hmm...
So far my prize package doesn't mention an event Saturday night; the "Nighttime Gala Event" is on Sunday night. Still, maybe Beorn and I will be at the edge of this red carpet somewhere, and perhaps the cameras will pick us up.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Cagliostro wrote:Dude...she's a child.

But I agree.
*splutter* She's only a year younger than I am!

You know what's creepy, though? Emma Watson is exactly my age, and the first Harry Potter film were coming out just as I was hitting puberty. Which means I've basically gone through my whole adolescent and teenage years thinking how hot she was and it all being completely age appropriate.

But now I can't watch any of the earlier films without feeling like a pervert. :oops:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

She's legal so it's all good. What's creepy is my 42 (until tomorrow when it gets even worse because I turn 43...) year old self having a naughty crush on Taylor Lautner who is only 19. He was born SIX years after I graduated high school. I am a very filthy woman. As for the Harry Potter kids, Matthew Lewis aka Neville and yes, he's 22. I'm a seriously dirty old woman.

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hey i am in love with ellen page and she is only 24 (to my 43)

and to keep thi son track - julie and i loved the movies and are looking for the books cheap at half price now.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

There;s an adult nude model who is a dead ringer for Luna.
Needless to say she's posted all the time whenever Luna is mentioned.

In other forums.....bad forums......forums that I don't go to but my friends tell me about.....I don't even know where those forums are....... :oops:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I don't even know where those forums are....... :oops:
"I hold in my hand the envelopes. As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. They've been kept in a #2 mayonnaise jar under Funk and Wagnall's porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes, but you, in your borderline divine and mystical way, will ascertain the answers having never before seen the questions."

"Complete silence, please."

"The answer is....the internet!"
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Beorn had class today until 5:00, and the parks closed at 7:00 pm. So that was one day of free passes to the parks unused. We actually arrived at the resort around 10:00 pm, as we stopped for dinner first.

The resort is beautiful, but why they originally reserved a room with a king size bed for a mother and son, I'll never know. No two bed rooms available for tonight, so we have a queen size bed and a full size convertible couch. Beorn is not pleased; the couch mattress is thin and every spring is easily felt. The front desk sent up a rollaway which seems to have a thicker, if narrower, mattress along with the promise to get us in to a two bed room tomorrow for the rest of the stay.

On top of that, there is a charge to print things in the business center, and wireless is only accessible in the lobby, unless you wish to pay.

Now that Beorn is settled, I'm headed back to the room and am going to settle for the night. Early admission to the parks is at 6:00 am. I doubt I'll make that, but we'll get there as early as we can.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, totally inappropriate naughty comment under the spoiler tags....
Spoiler
Now if I could just win a trip to the twilight park and get awarded a special private ride on Taylor Lautner.....

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

twilight is the glitter wampyre thang right? and taylor is the doggish misanthrope?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

zackly!

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”