Acropolis 1.0 - Rules, Comments, and Q&A

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*smothers grin*

My thought exactly when I saw that...
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

A question on multiple domains, once we earn a reputation for them, Autarch.

If we somehow manage to use all domains we acquire equally, do they all have equal strength? Or will primary and lesser come in to play, such as in the current Age of Pantheon?

I understand playing the domains equally is going to be a real challenge, but if one can manages to do so, how will that affect each domains strength?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Montresor wrote:
Surya wrote:Eztli...

Oops. Sorry.

Surya, God of the Sun
:lol:

Oh, the heresy!
And if you didn't like the way I used forests, wait'll you see this!! :LOLS:

Syl wrote:*shakes Fist menacingly*
Where's that neckbrace we used to have lying around? And get the number for the lawyer!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

There's a lot of ways I could answer that question, a few of which I won't choose to, as it would give away more than I would care to.

I'll just say that it will not cost you anything more to be effective in the use of one of your lesser domains as it does your primary domain.

<edit>

Ok, and I will add this small... truism. The primary domain makes the god, but the god makes the other ones.

Was wondering when you were going to catch that one, Fist. ;)
Last edited by [Syl] on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

My thanks again, Autarch.

*bows*
The Autarch wrote:Was wondering when you were going to catch that one, Fist. ;)
heh.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Syl wrote:Was wondering when you were going to catch that one, Fist. ;)
I saw it right off. Figured I'd comment on it, since Pam texted me about it.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Syl wrote:Was wondering when you were going to catch that one, Fist. ;)
I saw it right off. Figured I'd comment on it, since Pam texted me about it.
Image ... :shifty:
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Fist and Faith wrote:Where's that neckbrace we used to have lying around?
Why do I not doubt that you already have this, Fist?

(Nobody should click on that link. It's bad. It's not okay for children. It's not even okay for adults. It's just sick. You were warned.)
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

Is the reveal incorporated into turn 1? And if not, what is the deadline for it?
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Antaka wrote:Is the reveal incorporated into turn 1? And if not, what is the deadline for it?
(Only answering because I remembered where he posted it off the top of my head)

Autarch wrote:It'd be nice to have one (or several) before Revelations, but the prize will be rewarded with turn 1 results. So I'll say up until Turn 1 Deadline, which will probably be Oct. 31st.
I'm all for it being earlier, though. I could put my reveal together from my dispersed thoughts tonight. :biggrin:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

balon! wrote:
Antaka wrote:Is the reveal incorporated into turn 1? And if not, what is the deadline for it?
(Only answering because I remembered where he posted it off the top of my head)

Autarch wrote:It'd be nice to have one (or several) before Revelations, but the prize will be rewarded with turn 1 results. So I'll say up until Turn 1 Deadline, which will probably be Oct. 31st.
I'm all for it being earlier, though. I could put my reveal together from my dispersed thoughts tonight. :biggrin:
ah, see.
I interpreted that to mean that the map entries were due then, but that Revelations will be earlier, so it would be nice to have them before Revelations were posted, if possible. I await The Autarch's reply to clear this up...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The reveal will basically be Turn 0. I'll open a thread for it specifically once registration is over. If there are aspects of your reveal you do not want to be public, you can send it to me in email, otherwise I'll consider what's in the thread to be the whole story.

You can submit your moves for Turn 1 any time after your reveal up to Oct. 31st.

A question for you guys - do you want the moves you submit to take place during the 10th month or the 11th month (October or November)?

The bad news is that I'm not going to try to get the results out early. The good news is that you guys will always know when the deadline is - the last day of the month.

And yes, for the map contest entries, the deadline still coincides with Turn 1 submission - Oct. 31st.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

How liberal can we be with detail in the reveal and subsequent stories? I wouldn't include anything like divine powers or blessings, but what about buildings? Say I wanted my Prophet to be a proprietor of a bathhouse. Could I give him that to start? The scale of Acropolis is much smaller, so I'm trying to get a feel for where DRP can be used in areas other than classically.
Last edited by balon! on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Syl wrote:A question for you guys - do you want the moves you submit to take place during the 10th month or the 11th month (October or November)?
hmm...
Will season and months follow Earth's then?
Northern or southern hemisphere?

My preferred style is predicting what will happen, rather than recouping what I hope will have happened. So I vote for the moves to take place in the 11th month for Turn 1. Then the Turn 2 deadline on November 30th would be reaction to Turn 1 results and predictions for the 12th month.

I'm open to either though.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I have no preference.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Good question. Just as I ask that you don't make your prophet someone hugely important (no, the king cannot be your prophet. some lesser noble would be acceptable, but I will say that the ruling class mainly just pays lip service to the gods), I also ask that you keep your shrine simple for now. The more modest the better, and nothing larger than a small, middle-class home.
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Oh, and the seasons will generally follow that of, say... North Carolina or the central eastern seaboard of the US.
-George Steiner
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

I also ask that you keep your shrine simple for now. The more modest the better, and nothing larger than a small, middle-class home.
uh oh.

would a section of a bath house be acceptable then?

on the subjest of moves, I vote we submit for moves the following month. That way, stories posted after deadline but before results, can be 'current'.
Allód
Servant of the Land

Post by Allód »

Chime wrote:on the subjest of moves, I vote we submit for moves the following month. That way, stories posted after deadline but before results, can be 'current'.
The symmetry of this suggestion is pleasing.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Agreed.

Return to “Acropolis 1.0”