Acropolis 1.0 - Forum of the Gods

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

I witnessed the same thing from the barbarians who had escaped originally, as they headed north. Every time it seemed like they would be captured, they sang and managed to get away.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

Virelai, you have been making arrangements for the deliveries of the barbarian seed without my input or leave. I take offense at my domain being so carelesly used. I suggest you cease your plans for those deliveries .
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

Virelai, perhaps we should concern ourselves less with what shall be done with your domain than with what has been done with it.

The prisoners sang to make their escape? It does make you wonder. Perhaps the true reason for our sister's knowledge of this foreign god is one she would conceal.
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Not that I mean to accuse anybody, but... perhaps it should be pointed out that the Barbarian horde had been to the north of our city for several months, not doing anything, until Virelai sent her dancers up there, and then sent her own priest to talk to them.

Now they're using song to escape us.

And during the battle, all I know that she did was to meddle with the prophet of another god.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Yes, yes. This is all very amusing.

I know nothing about Diana's specific claim. If it is all as Diana claims, however, I suspect Virelai simply hadn't considered that she was treading on another's domain. Now she knows, and she might want to stop, or discuss things with Diana. And I had never considered the question of the children of these rapes. What will be done with them? Are they all welcome in the homes of the rape victims?

As for Nyx's implications... It could be that Virelai accidentally caused things to happen as they did. I first saw the barbarians along the northern border some months ago. The next month, they were approaching Aditya, and they were met by Virelai's priest. Is this before the dancers? After? Were they approaching because of the dancers? I can't say, because I don't usually pay enough attention to the rest of you to know exactly what happened in what order. However, I have had enough dealings with Virelai to trust that her intentions, at least, are innocent.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Thank you, Surya.

Our sister Diana said, "Virelai, you have been making arrangements for the deliveries of the barbarian seed without my input or leave. I take offense at my domain being so carelesly used. I suggest you cease your plans for those deliveries ."

Sister, it seems your source of information is mistaken. I have done nothing with the dancers, but since they presented themselves to the Harper Hall upon their arrival the Artisans Guild has seen they are trained in careers so they can support themselves and their forthcoming arrivals.

All this means is that they are well on their way to learn a trade and are beginning to show signs of nesting. In other words, they are arranging their accommodations for their pending additions. Their forthcoming deliveries I gladly leave in your hands, Sister. The Artisans Guild is striving to make these refugees feel at home and safe within the City.

Our sister Kai said, "Virelai, perhaps we should concern ourselves less with what shall be done with your domain than with what has been done with it.

"The prisoners sang to make their escape? It does make you wonder. Perhaps the true reason for our sister's knowledge of this foreign god is one she would conceal."

Sister Kai, I have shared all I know and all my priests have learned.
Feel free to attempt to cause ill will towards me. I will continue to hope those who have worked with me will look past your attempts to sow seeds of dissension among those working for unity within the City and will judge me on my willingness to work in harmony with them.

Our sister Nyx then chimes in with, "Not that I mean to accuse anybody, but... perhaps it should be pointed out that the Barbarian horde had been to the north of our city for several months, not doing anything, until Virelai sent her dancers up there, and then sent her own priest to talk to them."

Strange how things are either purposely misremembered, or never understood to begin with...

The dancers were not of the Harper Hall originally. They are some of the refugees who came to my traveling caravan of entertainers making a tour of the sea coast in dire straits. These people lived throughout the territory of the Acropolis, but away from the known villages and the city. The barbarians crested the mountain range from the north to ransack and plunder their villages. My followers guided all of the refugees to the City; the dancers, being artisans themselves, chose to make their way to the Harper Hall, and again, the Artisans Guild has seen to their accommodations and career training since their arrival.

Marziale was sent to treat with the barbarians, the King's Army being available unknown to me at that time. As was already shared, his own attempts to Influence them by Song backfired badly. I may slowly be coming to an understanding of this, but it is still very vague to me right now.

Nyx then continued, "Now they're using song to escape us."

Which disturbs me very much, as I have no idea how such was done. It is my hope Marziale may learn more of it upon further questioning of the prisoners.

Nyx ended by saying, "And during the battle, all I know that she did was to meddle with the prophet of another god."

Again, I did nothing to the prophet of another deity. My High Priestess merely spoke to the Conflicted One while I played upon my Harp, making a suggestion for a course of action prior to the battle. Orden was free to make his own choice whether to follow up on that or not.

You all may twist my words and actions as you will. It matters not in the long run, as it is the mortals of the City and its lands who determine who to believe.

But as I said once before, I will share what I can and present Truth as I can, as I know it. It is my hope better judgment over pride will guide us all.
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

I'm afraid I have little to report from The Facetor's interrogation of the barbarian prisoners, above what we already know.

Those that crossed the range from the north are part (a small part) of a large unorganised tribal state. They follow Damos, a god of war. The reason for the attack was Damos testing our strength.

One small interesting titbit that Surya and Nix's gifts allowed The Facetor to find out - while they openly boasted that Acropolis had no hope of standing against the tribe's combined strength, in their hearts they were not so sure.

I suggest we discuss this - there may be a way to forestall further attacks by dealing with these prisoners in the correct manner, and releasing (some of) them back to their homeland with a message of Acropolis' might!

I suggest in the meantime, those prisoners who still remain, are gagged!
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

If the guards were not smart enough to gag them, knowing that their songs allowed them to escape in the first place, then the people are in big trouble.

However, it does not sound good that the prisoners think it is possible that Aditya will fall to the tribe's combined strength. I had hoped we just defeated its combined strength. Just how big is this tribe? How many other powers do they have to throw at our city? It would now seem they can cause beasts to panic; sing to evade detection; some form of protection that made my burning of them less effective...
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

How dare you question my integrity. I suppose I can only take comfort in knowing that you are correct on one thing: it is the people who will decide - and the people heard those men sing.

Chime, at least you speak sense. A release of prisoners to the barbarian god could be just what is called for.

What better way to face a God of War than with bravado? Send them home with a smile and a wave, and see what he makes of that.
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

Surya, why would the prisoners think that you'd hit me???

Kai - 'with a smile and a wave' would certainly be one option. Another would be to send their shrivelled dismembered members back, without the rest of their bodies, or perhaps as Virelai suggested, send them back after being defeated in unarmed combat by one of our heroes.

It is a fine line between intimidation and provocation, when dealing with a god of war, I would say.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Chime... I'm... I have no idea what you mean about anybody thinking I had hit you.
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

Ah! Your pardon then! I thought you were imitating the barbarian's thick accent, I'm sure I heard Ah'd 'it ya.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

I could be mistaken, as I am not an authority on such matters, but I believe that resembles a joke in some way, does it not?

Surya issues a deep, rich laugh.

All know what I have long called this city, regardless of what anyone else calls it.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

My source of information comes from what I experienced personally. I recall vividly the moment I sensed your hand shaping the destiny of those bearing the barbarians' seed. Do you question it? But, more importantly, how do you answer to this? Is your Artisan Guild not under your direct guidance? Do they act without your leave?

I am happy that you want to be open and honest, but, in this instance, you failed to share information with me or ask for my thoughts or blessings until after I have called you on your oversight and not even then.

You then request a boon from me, and rather than offer any kind of apology for trespassing on my domain, you insult me as if I have done something wrong by naming me prideful.

I am deeply hurt.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Sister Fertility, the Artisans Guild is under their own Guidance; members are not required to acknowledge me in anyway. My High Priestess holds an honorary seat on their governing board, and I am happy to say she is given due respect and an equal vote on all matters. But no, they are not under my direct guidance.

As for what you say you experienced, I do question it. No where has any preparations for the actual delivery of these coming children been addressed by the Guild or my Master Harpers. Guild and Hall are preparing these refugees by giving them opportunities for careers and safe accommodations. That is all.

I will be more than happy to share what I have been doing regarding the dancers over the past few months privately, if you wish. You will see that I did not offer an apology for "trespassing on your domain" as I had no idea I, the Artisans Guild, or the Harper Hall had done so in any way.

Whatever you choose, please know that as far as I am aware, no one in the Guild or the Hall is preventing you from preparing the dancers for their upcoming deliveries. If such is occurring, it is my hope the Hall will become aware of it and such will be addressed. Should that occur, I will gladly offer an apology for those wayward guild members who interfered with your own work.

I will admit the thought of consulting with you regarding securing careers, livelihood, and accommodations for the refugees who turned to the Harper Hall for aid never occurred to me, even though said refugees are bearing children. I assumed you and yours were overseeing the progress of their pregnancies and never called the care in to question. If assuming such was being done and not seeing a need to consult you regarding the other was an oversight, than I offer my apologies for such. Again, arranging livelihoods and accommodations for these refugees who turned to the Harper Hall when they arrived just never triggered the need to consult with others regarding them in my mind.

As far as calling you prideful, if I worded what I said badly, for that I do apologize. I meant to call none of us prideful. I am merely hoping we all are willing to work together without allowing pride to cloud our judgment.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

After reviewing what I have been doing the past few months, I can now see how what has been done may have been interpreted as it was to Diana. I have shared all with her privately, and have offered my apologies. But I do so again publicly.

Sister Birth.

I do apologize for what has been seen as trespass on your domain. It was not my intent, nor did I realize I had done so. As mortals who earn their livelihood within my domains, I felt it only right my people see to their overall health and well being, as well as comfort and security. Again, I had no intent of interfering in anyway regarding the actual deliveries of the forthcoming children. It is my hope you will review the care the Artisans Guild and the Harper Hall has provided the pregnant dancers since their arrival nearly four months ago, and will work together with me in seeing them well cared for and situated comfortably.

Working with others is always welcome on my part, but I will admit I myself am quite poor at initiating such things. I will make the effort to do so better in future.
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Virelai, it seems awfully convenient that you claim no control over a group almost entirely filled with those who prefer you over all others. That they may act against the interest of other gods of this city, without oversight by you, simply because they are not officially your church.

You make many claims of wishing honesty, and of telling the truth, and of wishing to work together. You have not shown evidence to support these claims. (And simply repeating your claim doesn't count as supporting it.) I invite you to act on your claims, and to convince me that your claims are nothing more than misdirections, meant to hide your real intents.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

I accept your apology, Virelai.

Perhaps my priestesses can come and attend to the pregnant women and minister to their comfort.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Thank you, Sister.

Your priestesses are not only welcome, but needed.
None of mine shall hinder them from their duties.

When the guild arranged to oversee the health and well being of the dancers, I assumed they turned to the appropriate care givers, and will admit surprise that your priestesses were not contacted to be involved in their care. I shall be certain to insure Melody oversees such efforts more intensely in the future.

Nyx, as I have already told Surya privately, the guild has been drawing plans and collecting supplies for a Unity temple, once a site and/or building has been decided upon. They have met with followers of both yours and Surya's the past few months to locate a site so construction or renovation can begin. Surya tells me a site has been secured in the most recent location discussed, but other than that I have no details. If we are ready to build or renovate, the artisans of the guild are more than prepared to begin. They merely await word to begin, as Surya has been told. Shall I tell Melody to inform them to start this next month?
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Brothers and Sisters.

It is my pleasure and honor to welcome you all to Irshirel.

May her Song resonate with unison, and may harmony and counterpoint always find resolution.

Return to “Acropolis 1.0”