Acropolis 1.0 - Forum of the Gods

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Given by whom? Expected by whom?

Once again, I reject your assertion. In fact, I reject the entire framework of your position. You hand out obligations as if we were all part of an accord. Some King god has given us our abilities in echange for our agreement to follow a code of morals, and presumably to shepherd all of the mortals through life.

Sheer foolishness.

If there is any intent to the creation of the world, then that intent may be discovered simply by looking at what the world does. What the world can do. I see no evidence that your children's book world is anything more than lies we tell children so they'll go to sleep. There is no higher power, there is no purpose. There is only the people of the world, including us.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

I apologize for my ineptitude in making my point clear.

We are given our power through the sacrifices of the mortals. There is no other reason for our power on this world. Should one of us cause them harm, why would they choose to sacrifice to that deity, instead of to one who has done them no harm and may yet benefit them?

Our power is given to us by the mortals. It is to them that we in turn answer to. No other higher power.

Feel free to reject it.
Again, time will tell which of us has the correct approach.
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

How quaint. My dear, sweet muse, afraid to take responsibility of your own potential?

Listen closely to your own heart.

Somewhere inside you there must be a voice that sings for freedom, for you to embrace your power as your own and not place it in the hands of others. To shrug off responsibility, and instead embrace your own desires.

These mortals, do they know you? Do they care what you desire?

You are the Mistress of Song: why must you dance to their tune?
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Virelai, you are correct. You did not make your point clear. Yes, of course, we are beholden to the particular mortals who sacrifice to us. And yes, of course, we'll want to do what we can to keep them sacrificing to us.

It's all the other mortals, the ones you were saying we should be nice to anyway, in spite of the fact that they weren't sacrificing anything to us.

As you say, time will tell. If you can somehow convice the masses to take up sacrifice in your name, when they have never done so before, all because you weren't mean to them, we'll know the answer.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Nyx, perhaps you are beginning to see the light.

I still hold you will gain more flies with honey than with vinegar. I am not advocating being nice to those who do not choose to sacrifice to us, but to cause no harm to those who do nothing in particular to draw our ire. In so doing, I expect when they see in what way sacrificing to us would benefit them by seeing how we respond to the sacrifice given to us from others, than we shall grow stronger when they do choose to sacrifice to us as well.

Whereas should we cause harm to them with no justification, other than their lack of offering sacrifice to us, I predict they would turn to another who did not harm them when they require our aid to them.

Sister Kai...
I but can expect no different from you. Your purpose is to cause conflict, chaos, and discord within others.

But even the music of the spheres generates from physical sources.. My own desire is for music and the arts to grow and flourish to the betterment of culture and society. For these mortals. All of them, whether they sacrifice to me or not. By doing so, I hope these mortals are influenced to find inspiration both from me and within themselves to find the passion and fire music and the arts will generate. For all moods. For all settings.

This is my desire, my dance.
There is no conflict between their tune and The Dance.
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

You're no fun.
Libidinal
Servant of the Land

Post by Libidinal »

Nyx wrote:Even those who don't deserve forgiveness? This is how those men continue to bring the same abused women back to them... because they think the passion of the moment is the same as Good. Done right, Love can be a great and wonderful thing, Libidinal. But the way you paint it on, it seems more like a great distraction at best, or a way of manipulating and abusing people at worst.

Perhaps you are more a god of Lust?
My dear Nyxie, who doesn't deserve forgiveness? Who doesn't deserve Love's support? Are you one to choose the unforgiven? Love is impartial and all embracing - it redeems both victim and perpetrator. Where's the manipulation or abuse in that?

Love is not done right, sister, it is right.

To answer your second question, of course I'm involved with Lust! You say that as if it's a bad thing. I've never claimed the passion of the moment to be some capitalized Good - but it is a whole lot of fun.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

I hear many reasons for ways of existence being spoken for and against. To support and enhance those who sacrifice for us, to simply exist in ones element, to spread ones belief. All are worthy pursuits for each of, we, the Gods. But I wonder if there are not more sinister and shrouded presences in this world. There is more to be seen in Acropolis' shadows than the light. I may be Luck, and fickle by nature, but I would caution each of us; we may find that necessity creates strange bedfellows.

Eh Libidinal?
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

Strange bedfellows?

What a way with words you have, Aeon! But I do like the sentiment!
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Libidinal, I cannot consider forgiveness before redemption; before repentance. I could forgive a man for having been evil, but only once he is no longer so.

So, to answer your question, the one who decides who is worthy of forgiveness... is the person himself.
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

Light or Dark Aeon, it makes no difference in the end.
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

True. All things in this universe are subject to entropy, and the ending that it entails. In death, all things are Grey. But before we arrive in the clearing, we each walk the pathway. Some bring creation, others bring destruction. I wonder what you will choose, Antaka. I wonder what I will choose.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Libidinal, I very much appreciate your positive attitude!! Let us bring Love and Sunlight to all who seek it! Although, many wish their Love in the Dark, I'm told. Perhaps you can work with Nyx, too. *chuckle*

Nyx, I will be glad to help you prevent the kinds of abuses you are speaking of. As well as those perpetrated by women, and, for that matter, by children.
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Do you perhaps mean pereptrated ON women, and ON children?

Though, I suppose that women and children commit crimes as well. It seems to be exceptions to the rule, more than the norm.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Nyx, I don't know what horrors were inflicted upon you to make you feel as you do toward my gender. But I will always oppose such things. I will not approach you to work together for even this kind of thing. Frankly, the pain behind your words causes me pain, and I don't want to expose myself to you if I can avoid it. But, I will do what I can to lessen the pain of the world, and, perhaps, yours will be lessened in the process.
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Surya, I think...

I think I am the sum of the feelings that spawned me. All of the belief and emotion that arises as a result of darkness and night... it's all fear and anxiety. "What was that noise? Is he home from the alehouse? Will he be too drunk to beat me, tonight?" "I'm all alone, walking home. Who is that following me?" "Mommy, there's a monster under my bed."

I'm trying to become the cure for these... to change the world away from this state. And yet I fear, sometimes I am simply a voice to them; all the fear and pain and rage, lashing out at anything that seems similar to the imagined enemy.

To these mortals, Darkness isn't something to fear. It's nothing so concrete. Nothing to put a face to, or a name. It's just fear.

I wonder... perhaps a light shining into the darknes... if it exposes the monster that's there... does putting a face to the fear somehow rob it of its power, even if the monster is frightening on its own?
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

I need neither create nor destroy Aeon. I need only be patient. All things come to me at the last.
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

We shall see, Nyx. We shall see. If exposing a monster makes it easier to avoid, then it is robbed of some of its power.

If, however, seeing the monster more clearly makes the observer freeze in terror, or turn to stone?, then you may be better suited to deal with it. Or we could hire Krinn. Or Libidinal could turn it into a Loving monstrosity. The methods for being rid of fears are too numerous to count!
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

I thought you would appreciate that particular turn of words, Chime. After all, Gold has no caste. I'm sure we will be doing many profitable dealings in the future.

For you, I would think of creation and destruction as one, Antaka. As you say, life begins at touch of death. Fallen leaves decay and lay the ground for new flowers. And when the buds open for the first time, their death is already written in the petals. But their ending is another beginning. And so on until the end of all creation.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

Surya, all fears are calmed in the arms of the Mother for none can protect as diligently as She and none can give greater sacrifice.

Return to “Acropolis 1.0”