Acropolis 1.0 - Forum of the Gods

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Ah. Cycles is something I have some experience with.

Autarch edit
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

I see what you're saying, Virelai. Perhaps the term 'chain gang' has negative connotations.

Those so employed are learning trades and getting paid a fair wage. The work is perhaps harder than the individuals would wish, but this is a lesson in itself, is it not?

Though I have not heard of any specific details of the musically gifted, I have no doubt that such exists amongst the workers.

Autarch edit
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

(moved)
Last edited by Chime on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

It you thought it worth mentioning, I guess it's worth asking... What is The Trio of Bumblers? And why is it troubling?
Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

The latest theatrical hit? Have you not heard the rumours of "divine inspiration"?
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Ah, yes, I seem to remember hearing about it. What is troubling about it?
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

I wish you had announced the occasion - I love to crash parties.

But I think I will see enough of the happy couple in time - after all, what marriage is without strife?
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Indeed, Kai! That's half the fun or marriage, is it not?
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Ah... make-up sex.

Good times.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

You should be careful of make-up sex. It tends to bring on fertile results. :wink: :biggrin:
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

I should hope so!

I would like to thank Chime, Virelai, and Diana for allowing your people to take part in the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding!

And Libidinäl. An unprecedented blessing, to be sure! I hope we get to see you again, from time to time.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Well, as you all know, there was a fire in the Gardens. Unfortunate that such beauty was destroyed. However, they're only plants. The important thing is that nobody was hurt. In fact, the people banded together very effectively, making bucket brigade to keep the fire under control. A good example for all, in case mysterious fires break out elsewhere in the City.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Virelai bows whilst trilling lyrically.

"Sister Death, the melodies of your priests hymns are pleasing to my ear. Is there any way I or my Harpers may help your priests with their forays into psalms and hymns? It would be our harmonic pleasure to do so."

Autarch edit
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

The Great Song needs no accompaniment.

The notes of your followers plays the same part as the sound of pine boughs breaking under the snow.

The sparrow under the claws of the cat. The green shoot growing.

The sound is unimportant.

All contribute to the funeral dirge of life's struggle.
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

I have no argument with most of what you claim, Sister.

Except for the statement that "the sound is unimportant."

The sound, and hence Song, is the original manifestation of All.

Aum.

Your Great Song is but a piece of the originating sound.
But a welcome one.
My offer to assist remains.

Perhaps I shall begin by divining a symbol to represent the originating sound...
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

In a flier, spread around town, Theresa wrote:LARGE JOBS WANTED

We are a group of many organized, trustworthy laborers, seeking large jobs. We work together, with little supervision, and we guarantee our honor. No job is too big, no job is too small, and no job is too menial.

To make arrangements, contact any priest of Nyx.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

The dark of the moon absorbing her shape, Praheya winged through the night, a dark shadow beneath a darker sky.

Neither wholly of this world, nor of the next, no mortal that saw could hope to guess what passed behind those preternaturally keen eyes. But no mortal saw.

The scent of her goal filling her nostrils, she glided on.
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

The military priest of Song and the accompanying Scouts consisting of members drawn from Virelai's Corps set out for the northern coastline. As they traveled Marziale could not help but reflect upon some words he once read in his studies long ago with his twin, now known as Melody:

"Music has charms to soothe the savage breast. To soften rocks, or bend the knotted oak."
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

The Sunset Sermons are going very nicely, I think.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Yes... Well... It seems nobody has anything to say about the Sunset Sermons. Be that as it may, Nyx and I have an idea to propose.

Instead of just the two of us having our High Priests giving Sunset Sermons, we would like to invite all to join us! How does anyone feel about something along the lines of a Unification Church? Or The First Church of the Acropolis! We could have a large building. Perhaps one big open space, each of us having an area around the sides. In my area, my priests can give sermons about me, and sacrifices can be made to me. Same for all of you.

In the center is the unified alter. No sermons about, or sacrifices to, individual deities will be made here. All of our priests would speak from here at times, talking about how their deity fits into the scheme of unity. And this is where we would keep Libidinal's mead. As Szabad has been saying in the Sunset Sermons, any who share our ideals of mutual help and mutual benefit for a stronger, safer city can drink!

Return to “Acropolis 1.0”