Acropolis 1.0 - Forum of the Gods

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Music is the universal language, and love is the key
To peace hope and understanding, and living in harmony
So take your brother by the hand and come along with me
Lift your voices to the sky, tell me what you see.

Song
will gladly join in this effort, Sun.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Excellent, Virelai! Let's discuss plans...
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Ah, my condolences, Virelai.

I've been watching this horde for a couple months. They had not given any sign of their intentions until now.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Listen to the tales of the refugees who have come to the city in the wake of the traveling artisan troupe, brother:
Several days after the caravan arrives, flocks of people come to the town where it is camped. At first, the caravan's leaders are ecstatic that they're drawing crowds from outside of town, but soon it becomes apparent that they're not there for the music or festivities. Their clothes are threadbare, their faces haggard, and what few items they own are either carried on their backs or pulled in small carts. They claim a group of barbarians are raiding the northern coastline, just at the edge of the Acropolis' lands.
and...
The refugees make for sanctuary behind the Acropolis' walls. The women express their grief in dance. Many of them, feeling the violation done to them, move their stomachs in a way that presages and bemoans the rise of forced life within them. This enhances the sense of dread descending upon the city. Only a light perfume in the air and the sense of security provided by the sunset sermons keep the town from descending into utter panic.
Your prophet and his wife, the prophetess of Night, are a great resource to the city. Their sunset sermons are helping to hold our followers together. If only I knew the source of this light perfume that is lingering. Melody tells me it brings comfort to the distraught dancers as they become more obviously gravid. Perhaps our sister Fertility could help counsel them in the joy of the lives they bear, and enable them to let go of the pain of their conception...

hehehe...
While not all that funny, it only just now dawned on me what the mention of a "growing labor movement" possibly means. I had at first assumed Chime to be the source of that.
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Perhaps this growing labor movement refers to the collective bargaining actions the poor are taking up, with leadership from my priesthood? I'm sure I'd mentioned something about it, before.

As with all the downtrodden, these refugees are welcome in my temples and with my people. It will be hard, but we are all used to hardship. They shall be provided for, somehow. We will provide them with a place stay, in our dormatories. We will provide them with some chance to earn their keep. We will eventually help to organize them together so that all of the new children can be cared for.

Virelai and Diana, we should work out ways in which we can mutually assist each other on their behalf.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

The perfume is mine. :wink:

These women shall know comfort in the arms of The Mother.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Sister Night, Sister Birth, the dancers take solace from your efforts on their behalf. Melody has seen to their safety and comfort in the Harper Hall. Your people are welcome to come at any time to counsel and advise them. They have been grievously violated by the barbarian horde the artisan troupe and other refugees have brought word about. Any and all means of guidance, respect, and hope will be embraced.

In other matters, I must turn to my brethren with a request for aid; whether mundane or Divine I leave to you. I had word of this horde last month, and I asked Melody to send the military priest of Song forth to treat peacefully with them, in the hope of finding new allies at the best or turning them back for home at the least.

Things went far worse than that. The scouts who accompanied my priest were all slaughtered. My priest himself has been tortured, and though now is finding a place of merit within the horde, is still prisoner and longs for his freedom. I can not commune directly with him the way I can his twin here in the City, but his prayers for deliverance from his confinement still reach my ears.

The horde force him to keep records for them, the reason they have so far kept him alive. But they also hope to gain information from him to use in an attack against us; something he has so far resisted indulging.

Brethren, we need to stop this horde, before they get near the City. I have already heard of one means which may be effective, but if more of us work together perhaps there would be an even greater chance of victory against them then if one attacked them alone.

It is my hope that none among us will wish to enhance the invaders chance of overrunning the City, and so I am taking the initiative and broaching this subject in the open. May we find a way to deal with these invaders to the benefit of the City and Us All.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

As I said, I've had my eye on the barbarians. I would certainly have advised against sending a band of scouts and a priest to treat with them. Very sad.

At any rate, I am going to take care of the horde immediately. I've been preparing, in case this kind of thing happened, so I'll act now. My apologies, but I cannot say how. Some may not be as eager to see the horde return to their homes as I am, so I cannot give any hint of how I intend to accomplish the task. Others who wish to attempt something may or may not want to bother. I'm not concerned with whether or not you do, however.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Brother, while the scouting party is mostly gone, my priest is still among them. And while all signs I have seen indicate this is a normal mortal party of barbarians, my instinct is telling me that we need to join together to do this, and not rely on one of us alone.

Will you please reconsider your choice to not coordinate your effort with others?
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

Please do continue to quibble and quarrel while northern raiders sow strifeful seed within our belly.

Ah, you misapprehend me. Though it tickles me so to see such sorrowful situation befall our great settlement, it would not do to see said settlment sacked, no, not at all.

Meet the raiders as you see fit, and may your myriad methods prove meddlesome to them and to one another. The seed is sown, and I shall watch the belly swell with what war and panic planted within, and with each and every event so sorrowful, the settlement sways more to my own merry dance.

I trust my words have made more muddy and unclear; please, do not withhold your thanks.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Ah, Kai. Good to have you with us.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Brethren, while some of us organize and plan for a possible siege, I would like to make the abilities of some of my new priests available to all. With the discovery of Writing new to the city, The Harper Hall is willing to lend out these scribes to facilitate the sending of precise messages between locales. They will also be willing to teach this new skill to any who wish to learn.

Please speak to any of the artisans in the Arts District if you wish the help of my scribes. Although not all are members of the Artisans Guild, most know how to get in touch with the Guild. That is all it will take to have a scribe sent to offer his services to you.

May we come through this troubling season safely and intact.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Is there any among us or the citizens of the city who is willing to risk everything of their own to serve the city and the King? Is there a hero who will drop everything to take on this horde, if they are still a threat in the next month? Is there a strategist who will leave their home and family to recruit and organize a Legio for the city?

It is My hope such will not be needed; but this threatening horde may be the precursor of others. Or other threats may become known. Should my own priest safely weather his captivity among the horde, perhaps he will be guided to organize a Legio. But if there is any among us who can do so now, let it begin.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

My apologies if the stench of burning flesh and hair is too much. I hope the winds are blowing to the north.

Antaka, we have had no contact at all. In addition to keeping Aditya safe, I would like to consider my sending this horde to you something of a greeting.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

May your efforts prove successful, Brother Sun.

But, what is this Aditya of which you speak? I must admit, I find the name a bit pretentious and arrogant.

Nothing is official yet, and other name suggestions may yet come in over the next couple of weeks, or after.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

My thanks for your efforts in spreading the uplifting words of the sunset sermons, Chime.
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

Death turns no soul away, Surya.
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Virelai, you speak in riddles. The city's name is what it is. Aditya. As it has been for many decades. It grew to sufficient size to warrant my special notice, at which point I named it. I don't know what you expect to happen in the next couple of weeks, but, short of going back in time, and giving it a different name before I name it Aditya, I don't know what could change it.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

Alright,
I accept that as truth.
For you.

Call the city what you will. Although the city has been in existence for centuries, so a few decades of your name means little.
I shall call it by that which the majority of citizens call it.
And I have yet to hear one utter the word "Aditya."
Nor any other name.

Perhaps the King shall make proclamation in a few weeks regarding it. I am not Fate, but we shall see.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Again, you speak in riddles. The king does call the city Aditya. Why would he call it anything other than its name? My dear, have you fallen on your head recently?

Nevertheless, you have my thanks for the work your people are doing with the Sunset Sermons! Aditya will be a paradise for its inhabitants, and for us!

My thanks to you, as well, Chime. I am very pleased to see so many of us coming together on this!

Return to “Acropolis 1.0”