Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Oh. That's not quite as bold and decisive as I'd hoped. Probably more reasonable, though.
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

How much food do we have left at this point? It's 13 days since the last big post, and I didn't see any counts in either big summary of exactly how much we had. Or even approximately. I'd guess we have 2-3 weeks left, at best. Taking 5 days in, then 5 days out (if there's no food in there) would be a lot.

Three of the planets are lifeless, though one of those three has a moon with some kind of base on it. No comms chatter. No ships actually moving around. What about the fourth planet?

It's probably not reasonable to expect anything edible in an abandoned moon base. Any group who could survive there would need to maintain the machinery, and we'd detect something. If that fourth world has a low-tech society on it, we might be able to land and get food from them. If not... we just wasted 10 days. So, what can we tell about the fourth world? Is it in the right place to support life? Can we see if it's got water on it, at least? Atmostphere?
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I think I mentioned that there was fifteen days left, roughly.

No comms chatter could mean a few things - it might mean that the base is abandoned; or their vox systems are faulty; they could be deliberately avoiding contact; or there may be intereference from something else, like astral bodies, pirates, warp anomalies etc.

If the base is abandoned than it's unlikely that there's still food there, unless there is still some power and supplies were left behind for whatever reason.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Montresor wrote:No comms chatter could mean a few things - it might mean that the base is abandoned; or their vox systems are faulty; they could be deliberately avoiding contact; or there may be intereference from something else, like astral bodies, pirates, warp anomalies etc.
One would assume that the bridge monkey reading the scanners would have looked for stuff like interference, and mentioned them in his report about the lack of comms chatter.

Also, if the base is active, it would probably be reasonable that it would give off heat, or have some kind of illuminations (even just signal lights, etc.). Maybe we're too far away to discern nuances, but if the base is the temperature of the Void on a dead moon... that's a clue.

And what about the fourth planet, if anything, do we know?
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I wrote a reply to that which got swallowed in the Immaterium, so I'll just make a defacto reply later today when I do it IC. Your logic is sound, though keep in mind that rolls may have come into it.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

Will post up tonight.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

There's a really obvious solution (if you think about the Port Wander segment) to the whole crisis. It's not so much a hard solution, but I'm surprised no-one has thought of it. I'm tempted to do Int tests, but that would spoil the fun.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

The Albinus colonies food supplies? I am dubious about ripping into those unless I really need to cause it will no doubt piss off the consortium. They have been at the back of my mind for some time though.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Garrius Amphael wrote:The Albinus colonies food supplies? I am dubious about ripping into those unless I really need to cause it will no doubt piss off the consortium. They have been at the back of my mind for some time though.
Yeah, that's it. They would need to be replaced if you did, and it would probably not so simple as that either.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

I am currently considering them to be "Break in case of emergency" supplies. My back up plan if you will.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

This is a case where the players would have benefitted by interacting with minor NPCs more. Remember those brash young nobles at the Masquareade who claimed to be on an galactic hunting safari?

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I remember them. I didn't want to interact with them much further while we were there, though. Galen was getting all bitchy about her dishonorable plans involving their deaths, and then we were just doing "wrap up" after the ceiling collapsed.

But what would they have told us? The location of a death world with some cool xenos monsters on it we could hunt?
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Goatkiller666 wrote:I remember them. I didn't want to interact with them much further while we were there, though. Galen was getting all bitchy about her dishonorable plans involving their deaths, and then we were just doing "wrap up" after the ceiling collapsed.

But what would they have told us? The location of a death world with some cool xenos monsters on it we could hunt?
They were looking for someone to take them on the next leg of their Safari. They were a way of boosting the profit of the Endeavour. Also, if you hope to do hunting, there are few people better to have with you than professional hunters.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Montresor wrote:Also, if you hope to do hunting, there are few people better to have with you than professional hunters.
That's true if, and only if, there is game available to hunt. Which I'm thinking is not the case just now. (Or did I read that wrong?)
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

I suppose some of you must be aware at the state of things in Christchurch at the moment. Dorian and I are ok, but power is out to much of the city, and he's still without internet (and a place to crash, as I hear it). So you'll understand if there's a lull in posting. This extends to Balance of Power also. Please feel free to assume actions for us as I don't wish for the game to be held up on account of Unforeseen Circumstances. Cheers.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Thanks for that. I was wondering if you were both ok, but had not had net access for four or five days to ask. Good to know that neither of you were hurt.

I will assume Garrius stays on the Invictus, while Zarkov leads the expedition to the planet.

Could everyone else indicate if they are taking part in either of the two missions? I'll leave this for 48 hrs. Drak-Kung has already given his intentions.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'm in the midst of a move, so my update might not happen today (or until Monday). Sorry for the delay.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, how are all of you Kiwi's doing down there?
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Yea alright aye, things just startin to return to normality. Just realised I hadn't checked KW in awhile. Have yet to see how far behind on BoP I am...
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Stone Magnet wrote:Have yet to see how far behind on BoP I am...
Here's your answer:
Lord of the Gyre wrote:Cool. Have all the turns, but homework is bogging me down. So this weekend, guys?

Return to “Rogue Trader”