Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

That's because we don't give you our ideas ahead of time.
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

Hey guys just a quick post as to my position on RT

Im back. And should be able to post regularly, goal being twice a week minimum.

My apologies for my absence. Had some personal issues going on with a girl and shit was a bit rough but hey shit happens :P

I see I have a wee bit of catching up to do, havnt even began to absorb the writing ive missed over this last month, but provided you guys dont mind having me and my tardy behavior back I aim to reenter the game in the next 24 hours properly with an in character post.

Ive missed you all :P
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Mind? It hasn't been the same without you. I'm positively ecstatic to see you returning.

(Otherwise, Andrea and Zarkov were going to have to figure out how to hold the crew together in another Captainless power-sharing regency thing, and that could not end well for anyone. The initial "purges" to stave off the threat of mutiny would have been nearly as costly as that pirate attack.)

Oh, for what it's worth, Andrea has finally started to realize that her ham-handed confrontational approach isn't going to be useful after all, so she's going to start trying to develop a sense of subtlety. It'll be interesting to try to role-play "mildly subtle, with mistakes" for a while before I can start to get really nuanced with stuff.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Excellent news. Great to have the RT back. Even better to have Dorian back.

Now all we need is Praetus!

I will update tonight after 10. I returned from my trip around the Outback a few days back. We had to leave early because of Cyclone Yasi heading straight for Mt Isa. Beat it by two hours, I think. By the time it got to Mt Isa it had downgraded to a heavy-storm with high winds, but the roads are very bad that way and it wouldn't take much to be flooded in for a while. One of the guys we met on our trip pointed out that the council obviously didn't care for drainage on the Boulia highway (300 kms south of Mt Isa), as trees were growing out of the storm drains. There really were trees in storm drains too.

We did everything we needed to, it's just a shame I never got to see any of the rock art out that way.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

meh... seen one bit of prehistoric grafitti, you've seen 'em all...
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Good to hear your alright Montresor, had wondered about you and lore with all the storms on the news and all that

Just reading up on things now. I'm mid hang over after watching the super bowl today so should be a headache inducing post I make soon :P
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The superbowl? I didn't think anybody outside of North America bothered to watch that. (Or is that why you're hung over... have to start out totally tanked, in order to be able to sit through it...)
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Goatkiller666 wrote:meh... seen one bit of prehistoric grafitti, you've seen 'em all...
According to many smioticians, that's entirely true.

I ran out of net credit last night, so I wasn't able to update. Will do so tonight, or whenever I get my work done for the day.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I will try to remember that I have like... half of a really big post from Andrea drafted. I started on it, then got sidetracked in mid-term project hell, then totally forgot about it.

I'll try to get on that right now, in fact. Lest I forget again.
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Goat, I dont really care for NFL as a rule, but I love the way that the superbowl is a decent event. The fact it goes for around 4 hours combined with cheap cold beers and tasty food is where its at. My "local" bar is a new york style jazz bar and that plays it every year on a big screen. Great event and good fun. I just decide which team I feel like backing on the day.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

See, I can get behind that idea. Good people, good atmosphere, cheap beer (not for me, but that doesn't mean I have to hate the principal)... some random stuff playing on the big screen. Sounds like a great way to spend an evening.

Two St. Patrick's Days ago, my gaming group managed to grab a corner booth at the otherwise packed Irish Pub down the street from one of them. (It's a good drive from my place, so I'd never been there before.) They had Gaelic Football playing on the screen. Never even heard of that sport... looked like some kind of soccer / rugby hybrid being played with a volleyball. I had no idea what was happening on the screen, but it was fun to watch.
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Hory chit. I had no idea the post would get that big. I was originally planning on doing several vignettes, with different groups of ratings here and there. But at that length, it just ain't gonna happen.

One of these years, I really need to learn to be brief.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Also, Garrius and Montresor should go read the PMs I just sent each of you.

And Andrea is very excited by the idea of getting her quarters back. That means she can get her family weapons back and put them back in the display case where they belong.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

^ I think that charm test can only work once per game session...the length of which in an online game I am unsure. I bet Montresor can figure out something however. Great speech. Reminded me of Firefly.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Heh. Thanks for noticing. I did have Malcolm Reynolds going through my head for some parts of it. "... here's us, out on the raggedy edge of space..."

And hopefully it's really only ONE charm test... with all three of us contributing to it for a bigger bonus.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Great posts. Really brought the ship to life. That's a solidly good effort at restoring morale by players and I'll get to my response right now (will post it in a few hours). It will probably have to be quite long, but that's alright.

Great to see Garrius back in the thread, especially with such a good post. Andrea's speech actually made me sit up straight and bristle with some pride. Very well done.
Stone Magnet wrote:^ I think that charm test can only work once per game session...the length of which in an online game I am unsure. I bet Montresor can figure out something however. Great speech. Reminded me of Firefly.
There's some scope for multiple tests here. Zarkov's increase of the grog rations I'll treat as the kind which costs Achievement points. I will combine Andrea's with Garrius's as the more difficult test to raise morale. Andrea's success will add to Garrius's potential result. Depending on the result, there is potential to gain more morale back than the rulebook indicates (but this will be the only one of these kinds of tests I'll allow in the To Prethian thread).

Drak-Kung's efforts will be treated a little differently, and may have a slightly different effect on morale.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Large summary post up. As well as everything I mention, players should geel free to do anything else that is not directly related. As with the last section, try to make your posts inclusive of your course of action.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Forgot to mention - deadline for player actions is Monday night (Nth Hemisphere). But earlier responses would help me a lot.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Andrea Chan-Gauthier wrote:
Montresor wrote:Rough Hands
Captain Gaius Trulitch, having listened to the suggestions of Lt. Cmdr Zarkov, approaches Lord-Captain Garrius Amphael with a suggestion. In light of recent stresses on the Armsmen and the Master-at-Arms, Trulitch offers to use the Alid-Yuril security team for patrols. As there are only thirty of them and they need to stay close to Consortium staff, Trulitch suggests that they take over guard duties in the senior crew complex (including the bridge area), leaving the Armsmen there to attend to only damage control issues. Garrius Amphael, Zarkov and Andrea may respond to this (only Garrius can decide).
Garrius Amphael wrote:"Duty officer, at present the Consortium is taking up many of our officers quarters whilst our own crew are billeted together to make space for them. Have the billeting reshuffled. Have Andrea inform the Alid-Yuril that we are doing our utmost to address their concerns for crew moral, and as such require the lodging space to ensure our junior officers are fit and rested so we may best hit deadline. At present there should be enough free space with casualty levels being what they are but they must be prepared to double up amongst themselves when the staff replenishes. Am I clear Mordia?" Garrius couldnt help but lightly smirk
[In light of Garrius' decision to remove the Consortium people from the Officer's section, how does that impact Trulich's offer to guard that section? Aren't his charges now elsewhere? Perhaps some section of the Lower Decks?]
My impression of the instructions was that the bunks of dead junior officers would be freed up and people would be reshuffled with the end result being less rooms in the section going to the Consortium, and more to crew. If this wasn't Garrius's intention, I'll just have to say that Mordia made an error (again). But I'm not sure you'd want to billet your business partners in the Lower Decks or Hab Decks . . .

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Montresor is right, that is what I meant.

Return to “Rogue Trader”