Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Nope, it was to Garrius. From Andrea. I can resend, if you want. I should still have a copy.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Hello, all. First up I want to apologise for my unexplained absence. It wasn't Thailand. Goatkiller is wrong, Cambodia is the place to be for that kind of holiday. Thailand costs too much in bribe money. Gary Glitter would agree.

But, I haven't been away. An ex visited me for a week and I had mountains of work to get through. The week after, I still had mountains of work to get done, and I was suffering from a severe lack of sleep brought on by over-work.

Nonetheless, I am now ready to get back into updates. I will start these sometime from now to the next 48 hours.

Dorian, if you want to do your own thing on the Invictus, that's cool. Alternatively, we could have you easily join Zarkov's expedition to the planet if you like. Neither adventure should take very long. Just let me know what you'd like.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

Joining Zarkov could be fun.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

In that case, just let me know who Zarkov leaves in command of the Bridge. The two senior bridge officers who haven't gone on a mission are Mordia and Vehle.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

neither are really ideal if I'm honest
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Indeed. Alas, they are the only senior bridge staff left on the ship. Appointing someone below them would break protocol. On the other hand, you could leave someone outside of the chain of command in charge, such as Detronimus, Julient, or Du Preste, but they are all unused to that kind of authority.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Bring them with you too, then appoint someone lower down the ladder (who is, nonetheless the highest ranking person left). Kind of leaves a power vacuum, maybe giving an incentive for low-ranking berks to consider mutiny... but it doesn't break protocol.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Bring them with you too, then appoint someone lower down the ladder (who is, nonetheless the highest ranking person left). Kind of leaves a power vacuum, maybe giving an incentive for low-ranking berks to consider mutiny... but it doesn't break protocol.
That's a pretty good suggestion, though you are also risking all of your higher-ups. In Mordia's case, you'd possibly be relieved to hear he died on the mission, but Vehle can do her job very well.

Also, I think Zarkov has not yet brought Mordia's incompetence to Garrius's attention, so he may have no reason to think he wouldn't make a decent stand-in commander.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Montresor wrote:In Mordia's case, you'd possibly be relieved to hear he died on the mission, but Vehle can do her job very well.
Wait, are you being hypothetical, or giving us a hint as to what happens to Zarkov's mission?

Garrius, don't go with Zarkov. I think the whole thing is doomed. If you stay on the ship, you'll be relieved of his whole faction. (And then promptly starve to death, but you can starve secure in the knowledge that nobody will take your empty ship from you posthumously.)
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Ha. I'm always hypothetical in these discussions.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Oh. :(

I was hoping Garrius wouldn't listen. Then Andrea would be in charge. (Hah... good luck trying to convince the military types of THAT.)
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Ok cool

If Zarkov stone can confirm whether or not Zarkov has informed Garrius of Mordia then we will go from there. If Garrius does not know about it, then he will appoint Mordia. Otherwise I am unsure. He may even stay aboard the vessel, seeing as it is the greatest priority and makes sense that he would.

If I find out by tonight I will try knock up a post. If not I will put some much needed time into VoB instead.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

No problem. I'll wait until tomorrow before updating anything. The extra time could do me good anyway.

Note from Zarkov to Garrius: 'Mordia is a clusterfuck'

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Montresor wrote:'Mordia is a clusterfuck'
"Duty Officer, you are in violation of Protocol XVII, this order was approved without my formal consent." He handed the data-slate to Sallustis to verify.

"Sir, i'm sorry sir...I..."

"You are relieved of your position, return to your quarters. We will discuss your punishment later!"

"Y..Yes Sir."

As Mordia hurriedly vacated the bridge, Zarkov turned back to Sallustis.

"It seems the storm has been taxing for everyone, Sallustis, even our stalwart Duty Officer." Zarkov's true opinion of Mordia was far less forgiving. He had been on the verge of calling him out for incompetence just before Eyre entered, and would have done so had he not been so rudely interrupted. The man was a liability, Zarkov thought, and an embarrassment. Still, he was loyal and obedient. Which was more than he could say for some.

"Now I hear that in these desperate times you have squandered what little food we have left. Throughout this voyage you have shown yourself to be incapable of handling seemingly simple tasks. Be aware, I am very close to recommending you for summary trial for incompetence. I would advise you to review your actions and see your past failings, and ensure that they do not happen again! The captain will have the final say in this matter.”

With that, Zarkov stalked off.

“Lord-Captain, it seems we have little option but to inspect this station. Mordia has left us with precious little food at our disposal, within weeks we will be out of good supplies.”

I think it's highly unlikely that Garrius is not aware of Mordia's incompetence. Zarkov has already relieved him of his position once (though this was at the time of the duel). Though I haven't made it plain, Zarkov would have talked to Garrius about it, though his words would not have been so strong as to recommend a summary trial for incompetence. So Garrius knows.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Given the circumstances I think it would be most believable if Garrius stayed with the vessel. It is the priority after all, and Garrius could feel a pang of guilt for not being aboard her during the space battle as well.

Either way, I think he would want to remain with the vessel, leaving the scavening to the executive officers.
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Anybody home?
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

For many days. Have you checked the latest updates?

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

/facepalm.

I checked the latest (singular) entry. Well... I saw that Salt had posted. I just assumed we were waiting on you. Clearly, that was not one of my better days, assumption-wise.

I'll go do my part, now.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'm so absent minded. I thought I had replied after Salt, so I was surprised to see her 'new' reply. It took a moment to realise that I had not replied! I will do so tomorrow.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Right I am back. And bad. You know it.

cough

Montresor, flick me a message on facebook if something pops up on here you require Garrius to reply to in particular that I dont immediately notice.

Return to “Rogue Trader”