How's everyone enjoying their "Global Warming"?

Archive From The 'Tank

How do you like the Global Warming so far?

This sucks like all get out!!!!!!!!!
58%
Mildly annoying
15%
Who cares, it's only weather
27%
This is kinda okay
No votes

Total votes: 26

Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

How's everyone enjoying their "Global Warming"?

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kinda looking forward to it. If I had wanted subfreezing temps I could have moved back to Maine instead of staying in Florida.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Kil Tyme
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kil Tyme »

I love cold weather for a couple months. Bring it on for one more month! ...then turn it the heck off...
Cowboy: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Cowboy: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ... I don't.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

In NJ, this winter colder than last (so far), and last colder than previous. Gets expensive keeping warm.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

I live in Kansas - We've had snow on the ground since Christmas Eve. For the past 15-20 years, any snow we've gotten has melted within a day or two so this is kinda rare.

This is like I remember it as a kid back in the 70s - weeks of snow on the ground and frigid temperatures... I could use some global warming about now.
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

I live in Southern California. The government's a joke here... but the weather sure is nice.
"Humanity indisputably progresses, but neither uniformly nor everywhere"--Regine Pernoud

You work while you can, because who knows how long you can. Even if it's exhausting work for less pay. All it takes is the 'benevolence' of an incompetant politician or bureaucrat to leave you without work to do and no paycheck to collect. --Tjol
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

This year has been more normal that the one previous. In 2008 we had nightime temperatures that were over 90 degrees. Now that really did suck!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

This might sound stupid, as I live in Scotland, but I HATE the cold weather we are having just now.
Not been above freezing for 2 weeks now, and another week predicted. Lows of about -8C at night, and max of 0C during the day. Colder in the highlands, about -18C there.

Global warming? Is someone taking the piss? It should be costing me less to heat my house, not more.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

Phantasm wrote:This might sound stupid, as I live in Scotland, but I HATE the cold weather we are having just now.
Not been above freezing for 2 weeks now, and another week predicted. Lows of about -8C at night, and max of 0C during the day. Colder in the highlands, about -18C there.

Global warming? Is someone taking the piss? It should be costing me less to heat my house, not more.
Ha! That's a point I often like to make. Our local electrical company has jumped on board with saving the earth...not out of love fore the trees and baby seals, but because if everyone lowers their energy usage, the baseline that the electric company charges their rates by also shrinks, so that they can collect more money by providing you less electricity.

Nice work if you can get it I suppose...
"Humanity indisputably progresses, but neither uniformly nor everywhere"--Regine Pernoud

You work while you can, because who knows how long you can. Even if it's exhausting work for less pay. All it takes is the 'benevolence' of an incompetant politician or bureaucrat to leave you without work to do and no paycheck to collect. --Tjol
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Yes, because if it's colder than normally this time of year in northern Europe, global warming must be a hoax.

Them scientists should look out the windows!
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

Scientists making observations and reflecting on the accuracy of their current hypothesis? That's crazy talk! ;)

Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

It's called global warming.
-Hashi Lebwohl
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Prebe wrote:It's called global warming.
Maybe global wobbling.
In which case we haven't done and can't do shit about it.
Now excuse me while I fire up the wood stove.
:P

dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/08/14/earth ... imate.html
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Which is a good point... climate science has only recently really took off in terms of research and so forth, it hasn't really settled to a coherent theory yet. That's why we're hearing about how different things harm the environment in this way...no, wait, maybe this is more affecting...etc.

There are some constants out there, but how they actually apply... I don't know at the moment...
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Global warming sucks. I've got chasms on my finger- and thumb- tips that make touching anything hurt like bejesus, I have to walk to and from work every day in the middle of the road at the risk of getting run over by nutters who've never driven on ice before, the gf slipped yesterday and wrecked her back so I'm also a fulltime carer for her, work has got so busy and stressful that I'm gonna have a breakdown any minute now yet the 'recession' means the increased business won't lead to a related pay increase, the snow is too cold to make snowballs or snowmen, the tumble dryer (in the garage) has broke because it's too cold, nobody wants to go to the pub because it's too slippy to walk.

On the plus side, the Snowfire seems to be healing my chilblains. And the stars are cool.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

And the sum change in temperature over the surface of the globe would actually be higher than last year?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

If it rains too much in one place, there's inevitably drought somewhere else. That's why I don't like calling it "global warming" Global climate change is much more accurate. It means colder winters or wetter than usual seasons as much as it does hotter summers and drier than usual seasons.

--A
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Tjol wrote:And the sum change in temperature over the surface of the globe would actually be higher than last year?
Yes. Every second (or at least every year) MUST be warmer than the preceding one. Otherwise there is no global warming.
-Hashi Lebwohl
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

Prebe wrote:
Tjol wrote:And the sum change in temperature over the surface of the globe would actually be higher than last year?
Yes. Every second (or at least every year) MUST be warmer than the preceding one. Otherwise there is no global warming.
And there you have it folks, the science has been settled.

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

remember don't touch them apples - alar is bad for you....

thalidomide has been tested - perfectly safe.

how many planest are in our solar system?

missing link still missing.

Newton's model of the universe is the final say - unless Einstein is right or string theory is right...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Tjol wrote:And there you have it folks, the science has been settled.
I never thought of it that way, but you are right, the science has been settled.
-Hashi Lebwohl

Return to “Coercri”