Vampire: Dark Ages - OOC Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Most of you (hopefully all of you, but maybe I goofed up somewhere) should have received an email by now from the Encyclopedia Infernalis site, saying that your account was created. Even those people who have dropped out of the game should have gotten this, 'cause I had to make accounts for them anyway, to own the posts that will eventually get moved over there.

The passwords for each account is "Encyclopedia" if you want to go log in over there and look around. I've created sub-forums for everyone's characters, and I've made character sheet posts for everyone, but I haven't yet copied over everyone's stats into those sheets. My goal is to stop using the Google Docs pages and start using this site, even before we get the old posts copied over.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So... Sabine's mother and niece came to visit last week. Then, I caught the plague, and I've been pretty much crashed out on the sofa since Christmas Eve. Good times, not.

So, I am once again a bit behind on my Dark Ages posts. I simply lack the energy to be creative right now. I've been keeping myself busy with mindless scut work, copying everybody's character sheets over to the new forum, so we can discontinue the Google Docs experiment. I've finished all of the Giovanni characters, and I'll get started on the Vienna folks presently.

My currently revised goal is to get all better, work out the last few things I need to in the background (did I mention that in spite of how infrequently I post, there are still people who want to join the game?), and start some regular posts with the new year. (The "new year" really means January 2nd, when I start going back to my regular work schedule.)

Also... spending a week with a 10yr old is the BEST BIRTH CONTROL EVER.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Just remember to submit Krinn's turn by New Year's Day...
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Aw, poor Goat. Feel better!
Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

Get well Goat. I am simply proud I figured out how to get on the Encyclopedia Infernalis website. :D
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Woo! Stuff is starting to move over, mostly Giovanni Chronicles stuff, but there are placeholders for a lot of other threads...just not much from Vienna yet. (I'm slow.)
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Considering neither GK nor I have had the inclination to write a script to transfer stuff over, I'd say you're much faster than us. And as he's done other work, way faster than me.

I'm a useless lump.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Grandmother died last week. Family flew to town and was staying in my living room.

My whole life was basically tossed into the air, like 52 cards, and I'm playing solitaire now to get it back together. That's what this weekend is. Getting stuff back together.

Starting with Dark Ages, damn it. You guys are my first GMing, and the ones I've been blowing off the most, and I hate that.
Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

No worries. Gather your thoughts.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thoughts gathered. Posts done.

Notice that all of the Chapter 6 threads are locked. I want to finish Lament's Chapter 5 before I begin the next evening for everybody at once.

And I'm thinking about splitting the fera off into a whole new third section. One that isn't the Giovanni chronicle, and one that isn't Vienna. Since they're all wandering around other places now. However, all that will probably be done as part of the migration to the other site, where I have more leeway with sub-forums and whatnot. It's already too crowded here with two groupings of threads... I don't want to deal with a third grouping.

Also, welcome back Casper, and welcome Dain. Plus, Marianna of Twinsriver has been posting for a little while already.

New Year's Resolution is to post at least thrice weekly, maybe up to daily or more. Of course, the faster people counter-post, the more excited I get. So, my challenge to everybody is to keep a good feedback loop going, and we can inspire each other to new heights of vampiric awesome.

You know, once me and Lament finish, so everybody else's threads get unlocked. Nothing's ever easy, after all.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In other news, Corrozus has finished moving all of the Giovanni Chronicles over to the Encyclopedia site. Please make any further updates over there. (I've locked these threads anyway.)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I don't frequent the EI on a regular basis the way I do the Watch. Will you be informing players when their threads are updated?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I suppose I could.

You can also set it up to notify you when there's a new post in the threads.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Similar to the emails the Watch sends when a PM comes in if you set it to do so? That could work.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

For those paying attention, Lament and I finished her thread, and so I have begun Chapter 6 in Vienna. All the threads are now unlocked and ready for players to post.

Enjoy.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

And, just to continue the confusion... we have NOT YET finished moving all of the Vienna threads over to EI. However, I did move the current "Chapter 6" threads over, so we can at least handle all game-play from here on out over there. It was getting a little weird for me to have to check both locations for if people had posted.

We'll (Lament will) move the older stuff over as (her) time permits.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”