Vampire: Dark Ages - OOC Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

After some pondering, I've decided to leave the Giovanni thread as-is. Marianna's corpse is down in the crypts. Enjoy.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Goatkiller666 wrote:After some pondering, I've decided to leave the Giovanni thread as-is. Marianna's corpse is down in the crypts. Enjoy.
[sits back and waits]
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Speaking of sitting back and waiting, I kind of locked myself out the house. Stupid locked stairwells.

Gonna be another hour before Ore-Sama gets home from work.

Let's see how much GM'ing I can get done on my iPhone.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Looks like the answer is: none.

Inferno done this evening. Sleep now. Then some work, and some school, and some Dark Ages in the afternoon.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Blech. Did I mention that last weekend and the first few days of the week would be dedicated to me being home with the flu? Tussin DM FTW!

Then super-awesome fun network outage in New York for me to deal with the rest of the week. Then class on the weekend. So, until I get caught up on the classes, I predict a whole lot less of the goat-love up in here, y'all.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Hey guys.

Remember me?

I just now turned in my second of three case studies. Final one is due next Saturday. I have an 8pg (double-spaced) paper due next Friday, a class presentation also on Friday, for which I need to finish my slides this weekend, and a couple of short articles to read.

And then I'm done with will end up being the toughest quarter in my graduate career. There's also a mixer I need to put together for Thursday night, but that's just a matter of booking a room, bringing pizza, and getting people to show up. No problem, right?

Oh, and I'm flying to California to see another Cirque du Soleil show. (Totem, if anyone is interested.) I'm staying with a friend of mine, and serendipitously another friend of mine from NC will be in town that weekend. Good times.

But, what this means for the Watch is that I'll hopefully be back in action. I expect to be able to post somewhat this coming week, but after the 11th, I suddenly get all kinds of free time on my hands. Next quarter has much less coursework for me, and the quarter after that even less. Aside from a fluffy 3-credit ethics course, all I have left is a single project due in early June. And that's where I'm at my best.

All props to [Syl] and others who have accomplished proper academic degrees in grad school. I've had to do enough research methodology to know that's not my forté, and I appreciate all the more those who thrive in that environment.

Right... the game. So, starting on the 12th or so, I'll be trying to get my head back around where everything is. Those still interested in participating, please shoot me a PM (or just post a "me too" in here). It looks like we lost Casper and Faelan, maybe Lament, maybe Olaf. If so, I'll have to adjust some of the plots to reflect that (and not depend on those characters). I figure that'll take a week or so to hash out, and then we're back in business just in time for everyone to be on holiday and spending time with family instead of posting to the Watch.

On the other hand, I'll actually be going to Houston over New Years, so I expect to be in the same room with many of you. We can speed-post through some stuff, if you're up for it. Maybe there will be booze involved.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

"me too"
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"me three"
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

I'm still around.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

I'm here.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

I'm here. Somewhat.
Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

'Tis the busy season. Still here.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Well, update on my life. I know you all hang out here just for the blog posts, right? Classes are done. Was a horrible horrible quarter, and I'm trying very hard not to wallow in my misery any longer.

Ore-Sama and I are flying to TX on Monday, so we'll get to say HI to some of you in person. However, that also gives me a solid block of time to get my head back into the game. I'm expecting a January 1st starts (probably sooner, to be honest).

Okay, so... it looks like we're losing Olaf from the Giovanni thread. And, we're losing Faelan and Casper from the Vienna thread. That's fewer than I'd expected, so... you know... thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. I'm all warm and gooey inside, now. Like a Cadberry Cream Egg. Mmmmmm.

I have interest in someone joining Giovanni, as soon as she gets some online access issues sorted out.

So, it looks like in general, the Giovanni thread won't change much. We'll find a convenient excuse for Olaf to leave the scene. When Seven's life again allows him to focus on our stuff, Olaf will be back. Vienna will be a bit tougher, but I think not too bad. More updates soon.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

:cry:
it's only a placeholder...
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Is that better? I got interrupted while I was looking for the flavor picture. And I had to think of a really interesting title. (Seska and Taduz are drooling, right now. They know what Coeris is.)
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Coeris?

Coeris!
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Taduz Illyannovich wrote:Coeris!
uh-oh.
That looks like Alina may be needed there...
But I was hoping for less battle for now.

So, I take it I am better off not searching out what Coeris is in a DA setting? Allow to learn as the story unfolds?
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Alina ought not
Assume ignorance is bliss
Research all she can!
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Coeris is the name of the Tremere's main chantry. Taduz is referring to the fact that in the modern times, it's been abandoned. He's implying that the ongoing war with the Tzimisce eventually destroys the place, though that's not exactly true.

The Tremere move their chantry into Vienna (that's not why I picked it for the other storyline, though) in another couple hundred years, and they abandon Coeris. It is kind of tiring that they're constantly being attacked there, but they don't get defeated out of the place.

Right now, it looks more like this (click on the image for a bigger version):

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

A smaller version of Minas Tirath?
That works for me.

And I guess being without a sire makes a trip in that direction feasible. But, I'll let the story lead me where it will go.

Now to figure out how to make an entrance "home." :hearts:

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”