Vampire: Dark Ages - OOC Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

The Tremere must be super-tolerant to heights. I can't imagine ever walking on those rickety bridges.

Also, "I have decided Count Teschen that henceforth you will be known as Renfield. Muahaha."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Ah, Rudolf will fit in well with the power-hungry bastards in Vienna. :)
Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

This just means competition. lol
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I've always liked to think of my fellow players as "minions"... but "competition" is as good a word as any.

So, you will notice that, except for where I'm still waiting for Ekaterina, all the threads are again caught up.

Something on the sneaky side... the Vienna Prologue, which includes the full list of NPCs, is getting some more entries: mortal NPCs are being added as well. Those players who haven't added your characters to the thread may also want to do so. Put in as much or as little as you want, just so we have something.

kthxbuhbai
Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

I have a sneaking suspicion that Count Teschen has just alerted the guards to a vamp on his premises...

[Perception Check for Pitchforks and Flaming Torches?] lol
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Oh no, nothing of the sort.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I see the StoryTeller's other forum game has been processed, including a fully new, hand drawn map. Perhaps now this game can be updated soon-ish.
...please?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yes. Yes indeed. Also, the new player I was expecting to join a while back is finally back online.

And, for what it's worth to everyone, after March 10th, I no longer have classes. I do still have one course, which consists of a single really big project, that runs until the end of May. However, I hope that this means I'll quit having short-term deadlines and other urgent but not (in my opinion) important things grabbing for my attention. But, after the 10th, I'll be willing to commit to a 2/wk or 3/wk update schedule on here.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Ooo, just noticed yesterday was the anniversary of Alína's Watch generation. Cool. :)
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

[ooc]is that something we all can do, or is there a discipline or merit I need to do so?[/ooc]
Being near full can give a vampire a little more color, but generally they're still very pale. Sometimes GMs will give it a little supernatural flavor and say your Beast is dormant and so you aren't quite as threatening to kine.

The only easy way for a vampire to appear human is the merit Blush of Health. (Incidentally, Seska has this merit, which I play up slightly, but try to keep subtle.) Obfusescate and other means could be employed to get around such limitations, however.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Thanks for the answer!

I don't think I have any of those, though. So I guess Alina will always appear pale, for now...
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

If you spend a blood point, you can simulate life for an hour. Skin is warm(er), pink(er), heart sort of beats. It even warms you, so your breath fogs if its cold out.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh! Good to know.
Todah!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Gentles, it would appear that I have finished my final days of classes this quarter. I have only one admittedly large project due in order to graduate in June.

It's kind of an interesting idea. Now that there's some documentation for it, I can share it hear. I'd noticed in my working with colleges on behalf of my company that there are quite a lot of students seeking technical certifications from schools (either by themselves or as part of larger degree programs) who would like to include some kind of work experience or... heaven forbid, an actual internship in the IT job market. Looks great on the resume to say that, in addition to all that book learning, you actually went into a real customer's premise and helped them set up some kind of computer widget that they needed done.

So, my project, which will by itself take me a quarter to finish, is a business plan / recommendation to form a non-profit organization that will partner with technical schools in an area to get semi-trained interns (we call them Monkeys) and put them to work with other non-profit organizations (we call them customers) who need stuff done. It's not paid, but the students get valuable work experience. The non-profits get to have the IT tools to go out and fight for their causes, without having to worry about figuring out how to get email working.

I have a partner on my team, and I have a sponsor who is very well regarded in the Seattle non-profit environment. And I have two and a half months to work out all the details and give her a business plan for such an organization. We chose a business plan, since it's a school project and we wanted to keep our workscope small enough to not guarantee failure. However, once the plan is done, we'll graduate, and we can turn around and start to implement the plan in real life.

This might turn into an ongoing business for me. But, now there's no more schoolwork and assignments competing with my time. Only work and appointments to meet with people for the project, which should be smaller blocks of time more often.

Anyway, back to the game: it looks like Marianna is ready to join us. Those of you in the Giovanni thread may remember her as a minor NPC so far. She's now a PC. Welcome her as you did Rudolf.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Welcome Marianna!
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Congratulations on your promotion from NPC to PC!
Rudolf
Ramen

Post by Rudolf »

Welcome! :)

...paranoia is the only thing you can trust...
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Just because they really are out to get you, doesn't mean you're not paranoid.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Paranoid people live longer, becaues they are always on the lookout for what's going to get them.

In other news, welcome Marianna. Your minion may not be in the same condition as when you last saw him. Good Luck.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Marianna
Servant of the Land

Post by Marianna »

Hi, Everybody!

I'm posting on Crossroads, no?

Also, please be patient with me. I'm extremely confused by the setting and I'm doing my best to catch up but this is a HUGE board with many threads. I'm also a noob to RPG in general.

Many thanks!

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”