Are there aliens in the outer space of the Land?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I'm in agreeance ... I mean, we never saw anyone building a log cabin, did we?
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

Landwaster wrote:I'm in agreeance ... I mean, we never saw anyone building a log cabin, did we?
Well, there was also the slight difficulty that anybody caught building a log cabin would quickly find out what it's like to have your arms pulled out of their sockets by an angry Forestal. . . .
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

This true.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

What on earth has happened to this thread? Potty talk? :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

clearfrontier wrote:What on earth has happened to this thread? Potty talk? :-)

Actually, yes. And if my theories about Analiantha are correct, then I believe this talk is critical if we are to understand the full magnitude of the power of the One Turd. :screwy:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

dAN wrote:Analiantha
ANAL-iantha. Very nice dAN. Is there nothing sacred? :E :lol: :roll: :lol:

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

lol
lol

anal iantha

maybe it is not what it seems. Maybe there was some other reason...

whatif there was some ancient hero that discovered a new plant and he was called "anal Ian the plant finder" because of his fasination with plants and anything anal? That plant was "aliantha" named after him; but the people of the land forgot half his title and couldn't spell.

you see what i mean?

Anal ian the plant finder
Anal ian the
anal ian tha
anal iantha
al iantha
aliantha

it's too much of a coincidense not to be true, isn't it?
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Hierachy wrote:
Anal ian the plant finder
Anal ian the
anal ian tha
anal iantha
al iantha
aliantha

it's too much of a coincidence not to be true, isn't it?
Yes, it is. I would like to take it one further, though.

Alien

Anlientha

Aliantha

There, proof that Aliens exist and we're back on topic, anll in one fell swoop. :screwy:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

No more! I can' t stand it. Aliens, butt stuff. Its just too much. :-)

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Clear wrote:...Aliens, butt stuff...
I prefer to think of it as "extraterrestrials and poopy talk". Makes it all much more palatable.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Come on, Brinn! Don't you see the danger here? The next level to the direction of this thread is the much discussed and equally feared...Alien Rectal Probing. Thats right. You made me say it. I duck my head as the chairs are thrown around the bar. "It's not my fault!" :-)

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

*Eyes go wide in fear as Brinn shudders a shudder that would consign even Fist & Faith's legendary shudders to the basement of Shudderdom*

*pointing wildly and emphatically at Clear*
He said it! He said it! it wasn't me!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Homer begins to pull down his pants. "Okay lets get this over with." Kang waves in protest. "We have reached the limit of what rectal probing can teach us."
If the Land is being visited by Aliens. (Hopefully not the "How to serve Man." variety but genuinely curious creatures from one of the many points of light in the sky) how would they approach and react to Lord Foul? Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if Independence Day style aliens arrived at the Land and it was Lord Foul himself that repulses the marauders. "Away cretins! If this world is to be ravaged it will be by the regal personage of Foul not pitiful space insects! Begone. Bah!”

Blast you Brinn! Look what you reduced me to.

:-)

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Ok I'm gonna be bold and leave the toilet humour behind for a minute :)

One sun, one moon, stars at night ... looks more and more like the Land is the Earth in a parallel dimension, don't yers reckon?
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Landwaster wrote:Ok I'm gonna be bold and leave the toilet humour behind for a minute :)

One sun, one moon, stars at night ... looks more and more like the Land is the Earth in a parallel dimension, don't yers reckon?
That was the real intent of this topic. I suppose I left myself open when I mentioned aliens but you get the idea. Parallel? Certainly.

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Maybe "Anal Ian the plant finder" was an alien, that's why he was so interested in plantlife and anatomy in the land - he was on an intestella survey of planets, gathering information for a giant database of potential holiday destinations...

... and maybe as dAN sugessted, his real name was actually
Anal Ian
Al Ian
Alien... the plant finder

There is simply no other explination!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Hierachy wrote: he was on an intestella survey of planets
gross. Funny but gross. :D

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lord Mhoram was abducted by Greys - ie, Dukkha Waynhim's Avatar.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

SHATTERSTAR wrote:Come on, Brinn! Don't you see the danger here? The next level to the direction of this thread is the much discussed and equally feared...Alien Rectal Probing. Thats right. You made me say it. I duck my head as the chairs are thrown around the bar. "It's not my fault!" :-)
lol .. :haha: the attack of the freakazoids!! the vile viles!!

err .. rectal probing .. that sounds like something roger would need to be wary of :?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Yes, there are aliens in the outer space of the Land. Indeed, an obscure portion of the old legends, recently restored, tells of such an alien visitor. The following is a rough summary:

The vessel bearing the stranger from space crash-landed not far from what is now known as the village of Mithil Stonedown. A couple that lived nearby adopted the stranger, then just a baby, as their own son. The boy apparently had remarkable abilities: according to the couple, he grew up exploring the Southron Range with ease, and frequently went up to the high lookout of Kevin’s Watch and down with astonishing speed. He also seemed impervious to injury. His adoptive parents proudly said he was blessed with tremendous Earthpower. They felt he was destined to join the Lords at the citadel of Revelstone.

However, one day, their adopted son bid farewell to them, saying he had heard his calling and had to go away. He was said to have gone far north, to the cold reaches beyond the Northron Climbs. (To this day, there is rumored to exist a great fortress of ice hidden away in that region, built by lore unknown to the Land.)

Years later, stories surfaced about a mysterious stranger who fought powerfully against the dark forces of the Land. He was a glorious sight to behold, for his mastery of the Earthpower was such that he could effortlessly lift himself and soar across the heavens. It seemed that the Land would be safe from any conceivable enemy, defended from harm by both the great Lords and the potent stranger.

Then tragedy struck. An ancient foe, almost forgotten by the people of the Land, reappeared from exile or slumber and lured the stranger down into the secret depths of the Earth. There, the stranger apparently met his doom, for the cunning enemy revealed a green, glowing stone that radiated immensely ill energy. Not even the Earthpowerful stranger could withstand the force of the corrupting stone. The dark foe had somehow learned of the stranger’s one weakness.

The stranger was not heard from again. No one knows precisely what happened to him.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”