ADWD signs of life!!

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

SJ,

Don't I understand. I read AGOT 7 years ago for the first time. I'm not even close to the people who've been waiting since the book was first published back in 1996.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Farm Ur-Ted wrote:
On other fronts, I hit page 1311 yesterday. No, not done yet.

For some reason, got nothing written this decade.
I fixed it for George.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!

That is all.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

ike5
Servant of the Land

Post by ike5 »

"I'm on a road trip."

"I'm thinking about football."

"I'm working on Wildcards."

"I'm at a convention."

"I'm working on my screenplay."

"I have 3 million emails."

"I'm not yer bitch."

Take your pick.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

GRRM reports another POV completed for ADWD. I'm sincerely hopeful that by early september (when he leaves for Aussiecon 4 this year's worldcon) he'll be done or so close to done that he can declare the book completed and on it's way to the publisher.

*fingers crossed*
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Scot,

I recently came across the ASOIAF Wiki. Been reading through lots of entries and I'm reminded of why I love the books so much. (There's a lot to catch up on but I remember most things.) I sort of suppressed all thoughts about the series because I knew how long it'd be till ADWD. I hope you are right because I can't wait for this series to get moving again.
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Nope. I think we'll be getting ADWD no earlier than summer 2011. Much more likely fall. Right now, though, March is looking like a really good month. Scott Lynch's Republic of Thieves, Pat Rothfuss's Wise Man's Fear, and Scott Bakker's The White-Luck Warrior are all due that month.

Then again perhaps GRRM will finish up this year and they will fast track ADWD's Publication so that March 2011 will be a Spec-Fiction cornucopia.

:)
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I was hoping the same thing about this fall, SerScot, what with AATE due out in October and the last Malazan book out in late summer. Alas, Erickson must have had more trouble tying together his various threads than he'd expected -- The Crippled God is not due out now 'til January in the UK. Oh well, I guess it gives me something to look forward to in the New Year. :)

I am resolved *not* to get my hopes up for the next ASoIaF book anytime soon. Not until George says he's sent the bloody thing to his publisher. And maybe not even then.

(But yeah, wouldn't it be great if it did come out next year?)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Aliantha,

I got my first edition copy of ACOK last month. Now I have to make it to Worldcon in 2011 so my entire collection can be signed.

I've not read any Erickson. I hear very mixed reviews. I'm obviously very excited about AATE. I can't wait to break out the thesaurus and Dictionary. I had a whole list of words to learn after Fatal Revenant came out. The first being "Revenant."

:)

SRD is always good to expand your vocabulary.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yes, he is! :)

You should at least give Malazan a try. Probably the most annoying thing about Erickson is that he drops you straight into the action and doesn't explain much. I spent the first hundred pages or so of the first book going "WTF?", but after that I was hooked. I'm not as nuts about the series as some are here (*cough*Fist*cough*lucimay*cough), but I really like it and can't wait to see how he wraps things up.

EZ Board Survivor

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

SerScot wrote:Nope.
Thanks. Now I'm depressed again. :biggrin:

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”