B.B.C.B. 2010

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Oh god what have they done, the Browns just signed Jake Delhomme.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

My sympathies.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Browns have just traded QB Brady Quinn to the Broncos for fullback Peyton Hillis, and 2 draft picks. I just found out, so I havent researched Hillis yet, more to come.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

If anyone is interested you should check out Peyton Hillis Highlights on youtube. This lad is out to smoke fools, I love this pick up sorry bout your luck Brady.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

2 more draft picks? Wow...you must have close to twice as many as most other teams inthe next couple years...I hope the Browns aren't TOO successful at drafting. :P
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Browns now own 5 picks inside the top 100, and I believe at last count 13 total picks over all. Which leaves the team with some tough decisions to make. Do they attempt a rebuild through the draft as many think they should, or do they use the picks as currency to pick up established talent through trades ? Conventional wisdom says to build your team through the draft, but new team president Mike Holmgren has a history of making trades to build winners. Like the time he traded with the Falcons to aquire a young Brett Favre, or when he traded whith his old team the Packers to aquire back up QB Matt Hasselbeck. Both trades eventually led to Super Bowl runs, if not victories. For the sake of Browns fans everywhere I hope history can repeat itself.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Today the Browns traded LB Alex Hall and I believe a 4th and 5th round pick, to the Philadelphia Eagles for CB Sheldon Brown, and LB Chris Gocong. This was a smart move IMO Brown alone would have been worth it.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Its been a few days since the story about Browns Nose Tackle Shaun Rogers broke, but I tend to believe anyone that says they didnt know that they just tried to board a plane with a loaded gun. Rogers may be the worlds biggest dumb ass (literally), but he's no terrorist. Still I feel he should serve some time, perhaps he could spend it reading.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Colt McCoy...and a second round bargain at that. I like this for the Browns. I think Colt is a gamer, and a solid starter his second year, maybe second half of first.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The hopes of the entire franchise , and fan base are now riding on the shoulders of Colt Mcoy. I hope that he is shown more patience, and given more instruction than Brady Quinn ever was. That said I have been very pleased by the way the Browns have handled the draft this year, Joe Haden is a stud, Colt is a better QB than I ever believed we would have access to in the third round, and unlike those who came before him Holmgren doesnt draft out of desperation, but out of need. Every football expert in America had the Browns painted into a corner, and wild speculation had us mortgaging the entire draft to move up to 1, and get Sam Bradford. Im glad that did not happen. Then they were sure we would move on Clausen, and that didnt happen ( I think the Browns have had enough of Weiss's Golden Domers). Then the second round swings around and the Browns take .... a safety. I almost had a hard attack, and then the Panthers selected Clausen, which left Mcoy standing alone, last of this years elite draftable QB's. To pick up a franchise QB who was so highly touted in the 3rd, well it had to be divine providence. As a fan Im just tickled, and as a skeptic Im left with nothing to complain about. Mike Holmgren has taken Cleveland by storm, and this city has embraced him completely. He belongs to us now.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

... and now the crowning, and coronation, of the rightful "King" of Cleveland Josh Cribbs.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Just days before the Browns play their first preseason game LB Dqwell (never sure about that spelling) Jackson has injured his right pectoral muscle and will be out 4-8 weeks. He missed roughly half of last season with a similar injury to his left pectoral. At least we'll get to see more of Matt Roth who was impressive last year as a substitute.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Browns rookie Rb. Montario Hardesty is out for the season (ACL) tear. $&@"!
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well Sunday the browns travel to Tampa to take on the Bucs, who happen to be favored over the Browns by 3 on all the line Ive checked. This game will be a reunion of sorts as the Browns defense attempts to contain TE Kellen Winslow jr. ( former Brown ). The experts would have you think this game is a dog but I believe it will be a rather heated contest, and both teams are going to surprise their peers by making it one of the best games of week one. Good luck Bucs, go Browns! aTomic good luck to you as well.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Yep we suck again! See you next year.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well now that we are once again firmly seated at the bottom ,the rumours have started to fly, Manginis back on the hot seat could be gone soon , Braylon Edwards may be returning to Ohio to visit a state correctional facility( probation violation D.U.I. ), and my personal favorite the Browns have contacted the Eagles about a trade for QB Kevin Kolb.
Wide Eyed Stupid
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Kolb? Seriously? Yikes. Maybe I'm projecting too much from watching him play 2 quarters in week 1, but he was seriously underwhelming.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Browns celebrate their most important win of the year thus far with a victory over their hated division rival Bengals. Ok so to be fair I probably don't need to point out that it's also their only win so far this season. Spin is everything.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Browns have defeated then previous seasons Super Bowl Champions for 2 consecutive seasons. I'm not sayin, Im just sayin.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Make that 3 consecutive seasons, I guess I was sayin. Go Browns!
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Sports”