Battlestar Galactica...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

May I ask what language you two were conversing in? Because whichever one it was doesn't happen to be one I speak. ;)

And I haven't watched BSG since the first season. I followed the "new posts since last visit" link here. . . it's like going down the rabbit hole, it is! 8O

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Wyldewode wrote:May I ask what language you two were conversing in? Because whichever one it was doesn't happen to be one I speak. ;)
Nihongo.

aka Japanese. :)
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Cail wrote:Yeah, we get it, but he does make a good point. It's like going into the FR forum....You kinda have to expect spoilers.
I don't think that's an apt analogy. There's a clear differentiation between first/second and third chronicles forums; not everyone has read the third chronicles hence why we have those forums. In the same vein, not everyone lives in the US and has seen the latest season. Why should be simply be forced to avoid this thread until we see it? Easier to create a thread for each season.

However, spoilers have been used in this thread for ages. It's really not a big deal. *shrug*
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Problem solved.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Thread unlocked. Season One & Two discussions only.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*soft smile*

Thank you, Cail.
The mini-series will fall under those seasons?
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Didn't they put the miniseries on the season 1 disc set? I might be thinking of something else..

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Sorus wrote:Didn't they put the miniseries on the season 1 disc set? I might be thinking of something else..
I don't think the standard Season One set comes with the mini-series.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I rented the disc, Season One Disc One, from Blockbuster. I didn't think to look at the official packaging and of course Blockbuster puts their DVDs in generic packaging with no description other than the title.

The disc does not list what is on it. :(

How does the mini-series begin? Does anyone recall the first scene? I can start the disc and compare what I see with how the mini-series starts, and go from there.

Thanks.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

hmmmm - I believe the first scene in the mini-series depicts the first human/cylon meeting in many years, at a outpost on the edge of Cylon space.

The very first episode of season one is entitled "33" and it's actually considered by many to be the very best BSG episode of them all.

Hope that helps.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

dlbpharmd wrote:hmmmm - I believe the first scene in the mini-series depicts the first human/cylon meeting in many years, at a outpost on the edge of Cylon space.
:biggrin:

That's what I see...
dlbpharmd wrote:The very first episode of season one is entitled "33" and it's actually considered by many to be the very best BSG episode of them all.
Coolness...
...unless the first episode repeats that opening scene...
dlbpharmd wrote:Hope that helps.
You know it does...

Thanks, dlb...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The first episode definitely does not depict that scene. Sounds like you're in good shape.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*stumbling back to the Watch after watching the miniseries for two and a half hours, and we're still not finished*

...wow...

The moral and ethical choices these people have to make with no preamble at all...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

The mini is exceptionally good.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Menolly wrote:*stumbling back to the Watch after watching the miniseries for two and a half hours, and we're still not finished*

...wow...

The moral and ethical choices these people have to make with no preamble at all...
Just wait... 8O

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

Ahhh, but "33" the first season opener is even better, IMO.

Hold tight, Menolly, you're in for quite a ride. :D
"The plural of antecdotes is not evidence."
-------------
Driving down the razor's edge between the past and the future
Turn up the music and smile
Get carried away on the songs and stories of vanished times
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Yeah, "33" is awesome. It's somewhat uneven after that.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Miniseries done.
Holy...

On to the first episode.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I have now watched the first four episodes. I believe "33" deserves it's reputation. And the rest of the stories have kept me intrigued.
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

Glad you're enjoying it. Even the "weaker" episodes always have something going for them. :)
"The plural of antecdotes is not evidence."
-------------
Driving down the razor's edge between the past and the future
Turn up the music and smile
Get carried away on the songs and stories of vanished times

Return to “TV Shows”