Battlestar Galactica...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

I just started watching season 3. It seems to bare no correlation to what happened at the end of season 2 at all. I heard there were a load of 'webisodes', so do I need to watch those first to understand what's going on?
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Nah, Just keep watching. The New Caprica storyline takes a little time to get into stride, but you'll probably be pretty into it by the time the second episode gets into rhythm. The conclusion of that arc may be one of the most satisfying moments in the whole series.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

From Wikipedia:
The Plan (TV Movie)

On August 7, 2008 Sci-Fi Channel officially announced the production of a two-hour TV movie which will air after the final episode of Season 4. Written by Jane Espenson and directed by Edward James Olmos, The Plan[17] is set on the planet New Caprica around the time of Lay Down Your Burdens[18] and will show events mainly from the perspective of two Cylon agents. Confirmed cast members include Olmos, Michael Trucco, Aaron Douglas and Dean Stockwell.[19] Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Rick Worthy, Matthew Bennett, Callum Keith Rennie, Michael Hogan and Rekha Sharma will also feature.[20] The movie is set to begin shooting on September 8, 2008.[20]
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Awesome!

Is it January yet? :crazy:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Got the season 3 and 4 DVDs for christmas so I could try and catch up. Picked up where I left off at "A Day in the Life", and though that episode was dull as hell, the rest of season 3 was actually pretty good. I can almost forget how terrible the first half of the season was. Good to see they got back on track after they stopped all the painfully written love triangle nonsense.
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Over here in Germany we are still stuck with Season 2 DVD-wise - and I am addicted to the series ...

I could order the DVDs in English (no problem for me) but the missus doesn't speak English so we have to wait and hope for German releases ...
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

You can probably find something with german subs on newsgroups or on bit-torrent. You can almost definitely find SOME german fan who has a fan-translation out for the 3rd season in SOME form. How active is the German fanbase for BSG?

I certainly think the creators of the show deserve compensation for creating this opus. But if they aren't going to make something available, how can they expect you not to try and obtain it any way you can? (I hate paying huge bucks to import something not being distributed in america.)
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Episode 4 is on TV currently, so I guess we'll watch this and wait for the official DVD release.

Still thank you for the advise.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I have a somewhat dumb question....

My S.O. is watching BSG for the first time on DVD. We're about 4 episodes into season 2, and I can't remember where Razor fits in. Do we wait until the end of season 2, or is there stuff in there that would require us waiting until the end of season 3?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I think it's best to wait til after season 3 - all that
Spoiler
Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death
stuff would be pretty confusing at the end of season 2. Also, the first disc of Season 4 has Razor on it.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I didn't realize there was a season 4 DVD yet.....I have the standalone Razor DVD.

That makes sense though on the viewing.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Yeah, I saw Season 4.0 at Walmart a couple of weeks ago.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

dammit.

I hate buying things twice.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

I just watched Razor for the first time. AWESOME! Loved the actor who played young William "Husker" Adama. What a sequence! And the old Centurion style Cylons, talking in the cockpit! What a treat.

If the Plan is as good as this, we still have a little life left in BSG.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I've never seen one episode of this. Any good?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Dude, you'd love it. Seriously, one of the best shows ever aired.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Razor is awesome!
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Malik23 wrote:I've never seen one episode of this. Any good?
MALIK! You HAVE to watch this. it is by far one of the best. I was blown away!!!!!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Been watching the final season over the last week, and just finished. Though I wonder if the creators were trying to compete with Lord of the Rings for the longest happy ending comitted to film, overall I think they did a good job with the show.

There were crappy episodes along the way, yes, particularly in season three, and it did stand out in parts how they were making things up along the way, but all in all they did a good job, and the final season (or the second half of season four, which is what it was released as in the US) gave us some decent story arcs and a good strong ending, reaching all the way back to the parts set up in season one to bring it full circle.

Return to “TV Shows”