Battlestar Galactica...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

New episode this Friday!! :letsparty: :bwave: :cheers:
Cannot WAIT to see what happens with the Pegasus!!!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Fist and Faith wrote:New episode this Friday!! :letsparty: :bwave: :cheers:
Cannot WAIT to see what happens with the Pegasus!!!!
Wait a minute.
"New" as in first show of Season 3?

I've been away from the TV lately.
But damn!!
January IS here at last!!!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Right? I thought January would never get here! :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

First commercial break, and I'm on the edge of my seat!!!!!

:LOLS:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, that was completely insane!!! And the fact that there's going to be at least a third episode is infuriating!!!!! Not that it's a bad thing. :mrgreen: I don't have a problem with taking a bit of time to resolve all this. Still, infuriating!!!!!!!!!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Great episode last night. I'm gonna have to stay in next Friday to see how this resolves itself.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
High Lord Tolkien

It went by so fast!!
It was good.

Cain is f'cking crazy! I can't wait for the next one.
Spoiler
I didn't like the whole "resurrection ship" idea. It's just plain dumb to me. When it's gone all of a sudden the Cylons are going to run home crying? *Stupid!* I still haven't bought on to the whole "human-cylon thing though. I like the toaster-cylons much better!

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I'm with you on the Cylon thing HLT. The human/Cylon thing does provide for some very interesting plotlines, but I like the ol' Red-Eye Cylons better.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Cain is f'cking crazy! I can't wait for the next one.
Yes, she is.

Or

She's a Cylon. That's where my money is.
High Lord Tolkien wrote:
Spoiler
I didn't like the whole "resurrection ship" idea. It's just plain dumb to me. When it's gone all of a sudden the Cylons are going to run home crying? *Stupid!*
I don't think it would happen that way anyway. No reason the metal Cylons couldn't keep up the chase. And if they need clones to make command decisions, there's bound to be some who would be willing to risk being too far away so they could be in command. Either for their own personal glory, or for the cause.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
High Lord Tolkien

Spoiler
No way she's a Cylon. If she is, I'll be pissed. Everyone interesting is a freaking Cylon! :lol:
On another forum someone predicted that Six is Cain's assassin not Starbuck!
Interesting if that's true.
MAkes more sense that way too. 8O

How about this for some whacky speculation: Cain is shot in the head, is taken aboard one of the Cylon Baseships, suffers brain damage, undergoes a "rethinking" program taught by a vengeful Six and now has a pathological hatred for humans. She takes command of a Baseship at the end of Season 3 and hunts for the Galactica!
[manic laughter]....hahahahahaha.......!

Image Image Image Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Spoiler
Nope. She's a Cylon. :mrgreen: Look what she's been doing. Dismantling the civilian ships, leaving them behind to be taken by the cylons. Killing the families of those who don't comply. Making her crew think it's for the greater good.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

That would be an interesting twist.....
High Lord Tolkien

Fist and Faith wrote:
Spoiler
Nope. She's a Cylon. :mrgreen: Look what she's been doing. Dismantling the civilian ships, leaving them behind to be taken by the cylons. Killing the families of those who don't comply. Making her crew think it's for the greater good.
I'll bet you a million WGD that she isn't.
8)

Image Image Image Image
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Nah, I seriously doubt she is. That would be a bit too convenient... too easy. It's a lot harder pill to swallow (and they say good medicine never tastes good) if she's just the antithesis of Adama. Now her XO... that would be interesting. Not exactly useful, but hey.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yeah, I agree with Syl's reasoning. It would be too easy if she was. And I'd be tempted to stop watching if she was. "Oh boy, another big *yawn* shocker. My oh my, whatever will they think of next."
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

So then.

SPOILERS

I thought the space battle was great. I could practically feel the explosions of the missles. Very different from the incredible space battles of DS9. Although I'm surprised the Battlestars took so little damage. I guess Starbuck should be promoted, and put in charge of all battle planning, eh? I wonder if the Pegasus will stick around in this incarnation.

Cain's fate was good. Certainly deserved. Starbuck was wrong - they're safer without her. She'd have been dismantling the civilian ships and killing the families of those reluctant to help her, just like she'd been doing before. I wouldn't trust her for a second, despite her change of heart regarding Adama's assassination. Maybe with the ringleader gone, the rest of the Pegasus crew will become better people. As I always say, the question of what captured Cylons may or may not "deserve" isn't as important as what their captors reveal about themselves by how they treat the prisoners.

Nice little speech by Adama to Starbuck over the phone. I don't remember how he put it, but something about being worthy of survival. He's cool.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Yeah, very, very interesting with two Battlestars. This completely changes the show's dynamic.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

"I've been thinking about what we talked about before. It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of surviving."
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
High Lord Tolkien

Great great show!
I can't remember the last time I watched a TV show and had a sick nervous feeling in my gut wondering what was going to happen.
Awesome.
"Frack you!"
:lol:

Image Image Image Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Thanks, Syl.

Yeah, "Frak you!" was great! :D

Starbuck did a great job. Looked like she was gonna s**t a brick when she was waiting for Adama to give her the order.

I don't know about Apollo, though. Why was he wishing to die? Or is it just post-battle/near-death trauma?

So now Baltar's mind-babe is real. I don't suppose it will be difficult to hide her. hmmm
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “TV Shows”