Battlestar Galactica...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

So now the fun begins!
Spoiler
Who's the last Cylon?

I think it's Madame President. Starbuck would be too obvious.
Hmmmm?
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Extremely pissed. Recorded the episode to the DVR. Watched it. Spent the whole time trying not to kill someone who wouldn't shut up during the episode no matter how much I asked them to leave me alone so I could watch it, because I can't turn the volume up anymore because there's a sleeping baby in the house. And then realised that about one third of the hour was commercials.
B&
Carson Napier
Woodhelvennin

Post by Carson Napier »

April the 8th for us UK nBSG fans...

"Set condition one throughout the ship. Launch alert vipers!"

RAR!!! :biggrin:
"The Bloodguard do not forgive"
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Fist and Faith wrote:OK, a very good beginning!! :D :D :D And best line in BG history:
Spoiler
"Can you feel God's presence?"
"Do you know what... I think I do."

Hey, is this the whole episode???
www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32850&eid=236036
and if I were there with her, I would have said it too!!!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

You're damn right!!!

Yes, Waddley, it's a good possibility. I, though, still believe what's his name when he said
Spoiler
"Adama is a cylon." I'm thinking Zak. I'd considered that before, but now Lee went and hypotheticalized it! Gotta be!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Great episode!
Spoiler
Does anybody besides me think that the 4 new Cylons don't quite fit the story? I'll go along with Roslin's asst. being a Cylon, but Anders, Tyrol and Tigh - just doesn't make sense to me.
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

(Should you spoil that?)

Well, it seems like pushing things just to be dramatic. I just hope it turns out to be better than that. Good bit with that hallucination, eh? 8O :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Note that pretty much every new cylon had a serious relationship with a human. (Except Tori, but shes really Billy of a different color) I also think Anders fits perfectly. (Remember Caprica 6 Killed a Diana to protect him. Under the instruction of head Baltar.)

Was Diana Apologizing to Tigh, Anders, or the 5th Cylon?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I thought the 5th.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Please Spoiler your posts, people.
B&
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Spoiler
I'm not sure what this question refers to.

I've been watching alot of the reruns from the marathon the other day, and there was some definite foreshadowing with
Spoiler
Tyrol.
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

dlbpharmd wrote:
Spoiler
I'm not sure what this question refers to.

I've been watching alot of the reruns from the marathon the other day, and there was some definite foreshadowing with
Spoiler
Tyrol.
Spoiler
Diana was apologising to Tigh. I thought it was plain.
B&
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Meh, What's the statute of limitations on spoilers? Would I have to spolier say...
Spoiler
boomer's a Cylon?
Spoiler
Anyway, don't forget that Diana tried to kill Anders in Downloaded in Season 2. (It's made clear that it is the same Diana) And Caprica 6 had to kill her to stop her from killing him. This is very interesting to me in light of Anders new Cylon-ness. Did her head Baltar direct her to save one of the final 5?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Sure seems that way.

(Side note - it seems to me that if anyone comes into this thread, they should expect spoilers.)
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

dlbpharmd wrote:Sure seems that way.

(Side note - it seems to me that if anyone comes into this thread, they should expect spoilers.)
One day after the show has aired I should not have to expect spoilers. I did not get to watch the DVR'd episode till a day or two after it had aired.
B&
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Good ep. Left me wanting more.

As far as spoilers.....You probably should expect them if you're reading the thread, but it would be nice to have the current episode's stuff spoilered.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cail wrote:Good ep. Left me wanting more.

As far as spoilers.....You probably should expect them if you're reading the thread, but it would be nice to have the current episode's stuff spoilered.
OK, will do.
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

I also thought it was a pretty good start to the season. The hallucination completely got me. I totally bought it. :)

An interesting thing I thought of:
Spoiler
since Hilo and Boomer's baby is so important, being a cylon/human cross, that ought to mean that Tyrol and Callie's baby is equally important, right? Unless of course, Callie is that 5th cylon, which would make their kid even more important. (Not that I really think that Callie is #5....)
"The plural of antecdotes is not evidence."
-------------
Driving down the razor's edge between the past and the future
Turn up the music and smile
Get carried away on the songs and stories of vanished times
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Can I just interject about this spoiler thing? If I don't want spoilers, I don't read the thread until I've seen the ep. It should be pretty obvious that people are going to be talking about the latest episode, so there's not going to be much else to read. And that's assuming people will tag them properly.

And if every current episode is spoiler tagged out, you're going to end up with a thread that's at about 50% spoilered, most non-spoilered posts taking place between seasons. I think that would be pretty annoying.

I suggest that if you want to talk about something specific and don't want spoilers, start a thread about it. Then later you can ask it to be merged to the main thread. Me, I won't be spoilering my posts. If that's a problem, let me know, and I'll avoid the thread.[/spiel]

It was a good episode. At the hallucination, I shouted 'F***! Again?!' loud enough that my wife asked me what's wrong from the other room.

Any speculation on what the raider's scan of Anders was all about? The whole ordeal seems like a lot to go through just to make sure they'd 'activated.'
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

It's difficult to accept that the other 7 Cylons don't know what the final 5 look like. What justification do we have in the storyline that this is so?

Return to “TV Shows”